All reviews day pass infinity pool is beautiful grand lucayan resort paradise cruise fried chicken lighthouse point check in was smooth bar and grill night cruise across the street cruise port waves bar all inclusive package closed down dolphin encounter straw market pina colada
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I must say this hotel is very beautiful and clean, however, the staff needs a little more training on knowing the correct way to approach and deal with guest. The front desk agents were not pleasant, the telephone operators does not know phone etiquette, the security officers are not observant, especially during the wee hours, and the hotels managers argued with me when I expressed my concern on the way their property is monitor. The room was average however the beach very was very nice and this was what i liked most about my stay. There is not much activity too do except for the pool and beach.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We have traveled all over the world and this Resort has exceeded our expectations! The rooms ( Ours was beachfront) are spacious and well appointed. The staff, restaurants, beach, pool are excellent. I have read some of the negative reviews but I can’t understand how those reviewers came to their conclusions.
The only posible drawback is that there is a part of the hotel which is closed due to hurricane Matthew- however the closure has no direct effect on the area which is open for business.
I take groups to Latin America and Israel. I plan to take a group to the Grand Lucayan this summer.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Harvey K
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a nice beachfront property. Clean hotel, clean beach. Frontdesk ladies were not very pleasant but all the other staff on the property were very nice and welcoming.

The food in the buffet style restaurant was mediocre and limited... Hat to the nice lady who made us pizza!The food at the bar by the pool was not bad at all. Foods outside this hotel were better. Check out Bojangles Seafood Haven in downtown Freeport for fresh conch salad and other restaurants at port Lucaya marketplace for better food.

There is nothing to do at the hotel at night. Everything is dead. If you are looking for entertainment or nightlife, this hotel is not for you.

I hope that they improve their All-inclusive menu. It is not worth it, just overly pricey. They need to do better.
Overall this is a beautiful beachfront property. I enjoyed the relaxation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank JamNoel
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Overall, nice vacation in that it was relaxing. Beach was clean and nice when the cruisers weren't there (Mon/Wed/Fridays) - but even when they were, it wasn't overly crowded. Really hope that the Bahamian gov't steps in and makes the sale of the 1500 room closed property next door happen (Hong Kong owners apparently took the Hurricane Matthew money and ran).... so sad to see this area that was probably really active now so vacant.... but they are trying. The Bahamians were overall very friendly. But I agree with another person that said front desk staff were rude and not friendly (I don't get it why management keeps them there when so many are out of work and would probably really love that job.). Property and rooms were generally clean, but need a lot of basic maintenance.

Not much to do there other than be a beach bum and maybe do some water activities, but they are not part of the property. We did parasailing and it was fun for a 10 min ride in the sky.

Food was good overall on the property, but also in the little market off property. The straw market had stall after stall of the same "stuff." Good diversion if you want to walk around a little.

Really hoping that the area survives and tourism comes back if the gov't does what's right. The Wynn group wanted to buy the 1500 room but the HK owners wanted more money according to the news articles.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Ok, the Grand Lucayan Resort (Lighthouse Pointe was a great vacation for us. The beach is great, clean facilities. Great gym (we worked out daily), they offer spin, yoga, and other classes. The food was plentiful yet very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a pretty good shipping area within easy walking distance to the hotel and in the complex are bars and clubs and such so you can get off of property and party some if you are into that sort of thing. We would have rated this five stars except for a couple of things that are not clear from their website and literature. First think is that cruise ships unload Mon-Weds-Friday, thus swelling the beach population by about 4 times. Still not bad, but we enjoyed having the beach almost to ourselves. Also, about 2/3rds of the amenities (restaurants, clubs, etc) have yet to reopen since the hurricanes in 2016. No problem for us, but you should be aware as you will be disappointed when you arrive and some of what you expected is not available.
All this said, we had a blast. We usually go to Myrtle Beach. This was much better at almost the same cost. H

Room Tip: Great views, wonderful beach
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family