- Stock your kitchen with breakfast, snacks, and whatever you drink (including water).
- Order groceries from foodstore2go before your come. It's very difficult to escape the resort and there are no reasonably priced groceries on the island. Foodstore2go is as expensive as the other options, but it is convenient.
- Avoid eating dinner on property where you can. The food is below average and outrageously expensive. We were especially disappointed with Chop Stix ($150 for four people), which has adequate food but is located in a dark completely windowless room (aren't we in the Bahamas?). Virgil's has a better view, but it is family style so unless everyone absolutely loves eating a meal composed exclusively of ribs, it doesn't make sense for a family of 4. Similar deal with Carmines which is also family style ($150 for four).
- Go offsite for dinner. We LOVED Twin Brothers located at the mini fish fry on the Nassau side of the bridge to the island. You can get there by walking across the bridge. About 15 mins.
- The Poop Deck also has good food off site. Walk 15 mins instead of paying $20 each way for a taxi.
- Great lunch places are Murray's Deli, the Pizza place, and Johnny Rockets.
- Avoid getting lunch at the fast food places near the pools. The food is school cafeteria grade and outrageously priced.
- Bring waterproof sandals. You'll be doing a lot of walking and you'll be in an out of the water.
- If you get comped for breakfast (thank you Mark at Tripguy!), pick up pastries from Seaglass and bring them up to your room. Be sure to check your allowance and use the whole thing. Going to the buffet with the whole family easily climbs quickly to about $75 with children, even after getting partially comped.
- This place has all the amenities of a big city hotel including Starbucks in the lobby. Views are great from higher floors.
- The water park was a lot of fun for everyone in the family, especially the lazy river.
- The aquarium was stunning.
- Hard to get bored at this place between shopping, water park, activities, beach, and casino. The place is enormous.
- Mark at Tripguy did an amazing job with reservations. He helped us understand our choices and he got us a complementary upgrade to a beautiful room plus resort credits and continental breakfast.
- The food was on the downside of average and the prices were egregious. Impossible to have dinner for a family of four for under $125.
- The Las Vegas analogy is apt. The place provides constant stimulation and if you are looking for peace and quiet, you can seek it out, but it is not what the place is designed for.
- Once was enough for our family and we would have been happy with 3-4 days. Five days was too many.
- We went during spring break (first week of April) and the crowds were INSANE. The problem was that as many as 6 cruise ships at a time would pull into the harbor, and many passengers would spend the day at the resort. This made the lines for water slides untenable and it was also hard to get beach chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island