Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
“Very busy!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Very big grounds, lots of walking.
Pools galore to choose from always a chair just maybe not in front loved the pool called the ruins the best poolside waiters. Just be prepared to spend some money, you link your credit card to your room key and swipe everywhere and automatically 15% is added to the bill. Kids had a blast, dolphin encounter, Atlantis speedway, just so expensive didn't do the dine plan came out cheaper that way but we didn't eat breakfast somedays because we slept in from being so tired. We would go again just have to have a small fourtune first!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Robinket
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I spent the day in atlantis while on a Royal Carribean cruise and it was a wonderful stop over! We spent the day on the Atlantis resort, went on their lazy river, in their bird aviary, saw the aquarium & swam with the dolphins! The food was VERY expensive, i think we got two deli sandwiches & a drink and spent almost $50 for lunch. We didnt spend any time in the casino, but walked through it and it was huge!
The staff outside of the hotel wasnt helpful with the taxis. We had gotten lost heading back to catch the shuttle, and went to the wrong entrance.... when we finally found the correct place our shuttle back to the ship had left and the staff told us they couldnt help us. We had to jump in a sketchy taxi shared w/ about a dozen others... just made the ship but it was nerve racking.

Id love to go back for a full vacation, but the prices are out of this world.... if you cant afford the stay there, i highly recommend taking a cruise that stops over at the resort for a day!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My soon to be hisband and I are slated to spend our Honeymoon here in October. I wanted to check and see where our room was, what time check in is and ask that they put some champagne in our room for our arrival. I was told that since I booked through and agency, that they couldnt help me at all-after some persistance (because I would think that the Hotel staff would be able to tell me their check in time and where I room would be located) they finally provided this info. They let me know that our room is right next to the Kids Club and Waterpark-not really ideal for a honeymoon. The Hotel of course wont help-they have referred me back to the travel agency-the travel agency has suggested that I contact the hotel to find out where a good place would be to move us because their system deosnt show the Cove (where the hotel suggested that I try to change to). Such a mess and no one is willing to help. I wish that I could just cancel this trip and book our honeymoom somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TannisB
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I traveled to Atlantis with my 9 year old son. There was so much to do! He really enjoyed all of the marine life, so that any walk around the resort required stopping to see the turtles, stingrays, sharks or aquariums. During the day, we enjoyed the waterpark, the rapid river, doing pottery, swimming with the dolphins, and a family session at Crush. We loved The Dig! Don't miss it.

The downside: cost of food. We brought our own water and snacks, but were shocked at the cost of the buffet the first night. We eventually found that eating at the Marine Village, which was a short 5 minute walk from the Coral, was fun and more economical. We tried Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, Deli, Pizza etc. Even the poolside food stands were reasonable for a burger or sandwich. I'm glad we didn't do the meal plan, as it seemed to really limit where you could eat.

So other minor lessons learned:
-There are no clocks around the pool areas. Since we were in swimwear, we had left our phones and watches in a locker. When making an appointment for dolphin encounter, we had to keep finding the time to not be late.
-The pools close at 7, and other activities for pre-teens are limited in the evening.
-The walk between the Coral/Beach Towers over to the Cove or Waterpark is about 15-20 minutes. Bring what you need for the day; wear comfy shoes.
-The lines for lockers were long. I found that I could bring my room key in zipped swim shorts, with sunscreen and a small pool bag and leave it in lounge chairs with our pool towels and shoes while we were at the water park.
-Go to the Junkanoo Parade on Sat or Wed. We missed it!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Coral building. It is lower cost than the newer buildings and is a bit dated, but...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Love2TravelSA
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband,our 2 kids and I just returned from Atlantis Royal Towers.We had a fabulous time!! I echo the reviewer who said it is expensive, but get over it and plan accordingly. Our room was perfect and well maintained. Whoever said the hotel needs updated must have stayed somewhere else! The entire place was spotless and GREAT for families. For families with kids shorter than 48", there is a separate play area for them that they will love. My husband and our 12 and 6 yr. old loved all the water slides and crazy river. I feel I have plenty of excitement in my live and preferred to chill out in the pool. The tap water was just fine. We took thermoses and filled them with ice and water each day and saved not having to buy drinks. When I did crave my Diet Coke, it cost $4.00 by the pools. We also brought our own snacks which also saved money. We did get the dining plan and yes it was pricey but well worth it!! You save buying the meal plan in advance vs. getting it when you arrive. We only ate at the Marketplace Restaurant. They had a HUGE variety of foods!! My older son is VERY picky and he loved it!! They had a different salad bar every meal. They also had a sushi bar, stir fry bar, steak, seafood, veg.,etc. For kids they had homemade chicken nuggets ( yummy!!), pizza, grilled cheese, noodles, lots of fresh fruit, and a hige dessert bar complete with Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream. Godfrey was our favorite waiter, but they were all great, Drinks are included with the meal. ALL the staff were great- very polite, resectable, etc. All the animal encounters were AWESOME!! The beach was great also. We don't gamble but used the casino to get cash when needed from the ATM. Our kids attended the Dine In Movie night sponsored by Cartoon Network. This was held at one of the pools after dinner.The kids could swim ant watch carttons at the same time. There was staff from Cartoon Network who had contests, etc. I shopped at the straw market in town where prices are good. I took a taxi to get there. We can't wait to go back and even bought a timeshare at harborside to help make it more affordable. We bought 2 underwater cameras before we left and took a ton of photos.

Room Tip: Our room was in the Royal Towers # 4524 and was very quiet despite other families all around us.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1.6 km away
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
0.7 km away
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
0.8 km away
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
8.9 km away
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK