Well true to form with hotels built by rich guys. They spend millions of dollars to build a facility that is like no other, perfect location, upscale digs, and all the trappings that go with the Hollywood elite. Then the doors are opened up to the general public and there is a slow spiral down to the bottom. Atlantis is beautiful, the perfect location, and lots to do with a great beach. That is where the fairy tale ends.
SERVICE: They no longer know what that means, there is no sense of urgency, managers at the bars and food shelters by the pool are more interested in computer problems than helping customers. To have to wait 15-20 minutes for food or drink in line with a bunch of tired hungry kids SUCKS. Especially when they are not my kids. If you have 4 cash registers than have 4 open, staff it up a bit. By the way they add 15% to everything so there is no motivation for the employees to care. For the most part they are nice but the staff does not seem engaged.
FOOD: Costco has better food than the locations near the pool, cold frozen pizza, average hamburgers and just average al the way around. Get in early since they run out of things very fast and there is no restocking of product i.e. the $6.50 ice cream bars gone by 1:30 and none in sight
COST: You will go broke if you bring the kids, holy crap 10.00 for a slice of pizza and a pop??? Add to that bad pizza to boot.
Cost: Part 2 Beer should not cost $8.00 each that is two bucks more than the local ballpark here in Minnesota.
Summary: Over all this is a great place to visit, I would not book a week here since there is no reinvestment of the millions of dollars of tourist money. The town is dirty, rude and just not a place to stay and have fun for more than a day. Book a cruise and enjoy it for what it is.
To the Atlantis Management: Get some staff at the pool, teach them to hustle a little, this is not a place anyone wants to go when they spend too much time in line for average and sometimes below average food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection is the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms at Paradise Island hotel have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. It's easy to enjoy the pristine white beaches of Paradise Island and gorgeous lagoons from our resort hotel in the Bahamas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island