After multiple family vacation to Hawaii our In-laws splurged and traded their time share in Maui for a week at the Harborside. After a lot of research on TripAdvisor we were pretty aware of what to expect, but were kind of disappointed in the overall experience. We are used to staying in a resort that caters to the clients, but did not get that feeling here. There wasn't one large thing that stood out as a bad experience, but a lot of little things that happened through the week that made us decide we would probably not come back. We knew that it was going to be an expensive trip, but we were in sticker shock when it came to meals and drinks....we don't have a problem spending the money when the service and the atmosphere matches the prices, but we felt that the service was sub par, and the atmosphere was not as clean or as comfortable as expected. We had our 11 year old son and 16 year old daughter with us, and we enjoyed the pools and slides, but we felt it wasn't very safe for them to walk over to the Atlantis unattended, but once they were there with us it was okay for them to be walking around on their own.
We knew we needed to pack certain things to make our trip more enjoyable, but we were disappointed that the room didn't have everything that was listed. It took 2 days to get a blow dryer, the frying pans stuck even with oil, the dishes in the cupboards were dirty, and we had to wash them before being able to use them.
The grocery store trip was a nice feature, but thought it didn't need to be $7.00 per person, it should be per family or at least per couple.
The pool at the Harborside was a nice retreat to relax from the craziness of the Atlantis, but it was definately not refreshing...the water temperature felt like a bath. Our favorite place we found was Paradise Beach at the Cove (unfortunately, we didn't find this until the last day) The Current was fun for the whole family, but got too crowded, and felt almost unsafe at times due to the large number of people. Also, the lifeguards were not the most attentive...many of them were sleeping. The other bad thing about the water feautres were that everything closed at 7pm...even the Ocean!!! This was not very fun when you went into town all day, and wanted to be able to come back and float/relax.
The other issue we had was the internet access...it was $15.00 a day which seems a bit pricey...
We are glad to say we experienced this trip, but will definatley be staying elsewhere in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island