All reviews edgewater grill cabbage beach man made beach balcony room one man band open table ping pong special thanks lobby bar top shelf liquor all inclusives buffet restaurant conch fritters daily activities beautiful pool make reservations an adult
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Went to the Warwick for 5 days at the of January 2017. Hotel is very clean and looks and feels like a boutique hotel. From the minute we stepped into the lobby area, we were greeted with smiles, a cold drink. Staff is amazing. Up we went to our balcony room, which was very spacious. Noticed there was only 2 tiny bottles of water, so bellman went back downstairs and brought us up enough water for the week. If you need more, just ask at the front desk.
The staff is amazing here.....always have a smile on their face.

The food.....not so great. Really need to feature Bahamian food, maybe on Sunday as that is a tradtional Bahamian Sunday family day. Only had conch fritters, 1 day out of the 5 as they either didn't have the batter or it was frozen....hmmm, maybe leave it out to thaw in the fridge overnight.

Room was spacious but I felt it was wasted space. Needed another dresser in the room to put clothes. There was only a small dresser and then a huge empty space. The bathrooms are so small. Also on the bed, they had 5 or 6 small pillows, looked like throw pillows and they were feather. Very uncomfortable for us because of allergies. So we slept without pillows.

We had a huge flood in the bathroom our second day because of a defective faucet in the bathroom sink. They did response quickly and had it fixed in about an hour or so.

Bars served top notch liquor. Not much of a night life which is fine with me but I can see how others would be disappointed. Atlantis is a very short walk from the Warwick.

They have a man made beach which to me is not appealling. I certainly wouldn't swim in there.....it also had a bad smell to it.

They also have 2 washers and dryers on the 3rd floor. Great bonus but they are old and the dryers have to go thru 2 cycles and even then not drying well. I had clothes hanging all over the room. Maybe the hotel should invest in new machines since they updated the rest of the hotel.

Would I return....maybe. I visit Nassau a few times a year to visit family.

Room Tip: balcony room are the best....the view is amazing
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

We thank you for staying with us and completing your review on your stay at our resort. We have certainly taken note of your comments on our services and product. I do apologize for any inconvenience which was caused by the leak in your room, I am glad that it was not too extensive and the repair was completed in a timely manner. We do have a set of new washers and dryers which will be installed by the end of this month , we did recognize that they had to be changed. We will certainly look into purchasing non - allergenic pillows.
Thanks for recognizing our associates and this is an important part of our overall structure in providing good and consistent quality service to all of our guests.
Again thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a great place to stay ! About 30 mins from the airport via taxi, around $35. The hotel is very new ! Nice décor inside and out with a stunning boardwalk overlooking the harbour, it must be the cleanest harbour water I`ve ever seen ! The thing that really stands out is the staff. From the moment you arrive they are friendly and smiling and help you whenever required. It does seem they are one big family !
What I really liked is everything is close together so you don`t have to walk miles to anything. All restaurants are more or less next to each other. You have the buffet style which changes each night then the Italian which is really good. Then you have Tings on a Stick which serves basically meat skewers, again very nice. There is also Chickcharnies by the pool which serves burgers, pizzas, wings etc through the day. All the food we had was really good.
There is a Steak and Seafood restaurant which was just being finished while we were there so I believe that is open now too.
The hotel pool area is very clean, they seem to be constantly cleaning it all the time and the sunbeds are comfy. There is a small beach opposite the pool which looks out to a small lagoon, this is good to snorkel in as a few smaller fish and rays can be seen. Again it is all tidied and set out every day.
I really enjoyed it and would go again. I must give a mention to the following who really made our stay special, Nelson, Latoya, Anishka, Montez, Desmond, Alice, Douglas, Tonesha, Ivonne, Forrest, Deirdrie but to be honest I could go on and on !

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Harbour Deluxe room, they are huge plus you get a balcony to overlook the resort and harbour, stunning !
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel J

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Warwick. We are pleased that you enjoyed the surroundings of the resort and that nothing was too far. Thank you for recognizing our assopcaites and I am pleased that they contributed to providing you with a special vacation experience.
We look forward to welcome you back to the Warwick Paradise Island.
Ben

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Warwick on 31 Dec for 5 nights and had a great stay. We were greeted by the Assistant Manager, Aaron who checked us in and gave us a room upgrade as it was a special occasion. They have a communal bar in reception that was very lively and two a-la-carte restaurants, however, we preferred the buffet.. it was like having home cooked meals every evening from the Bahamian Peas & Rice to the lovely fish, shrimp, chicken, delicious salads. I'm gluten free and the Pastry chef, Olicia made me the most wonderful desserts and a to die for chocolate cake for my birthday. Charles the chef also went out of his way each day to ensure I had lots of options and even made a Pad thai.. have to say a huge thanks to them both. The outdoor pool area is also very nice and they often play music in the afternoon. The room was well appointed and had a spectacular view of the harbour. We will definitely return :)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SDL101

Thank you for staying with us for a part of the Holidays and taking the time to share with us your review. We are very pleased that our Culinary team were able to provide you with products that you requested, we will certainly let them know of these comments .
We hope to welcome you back to the Warwick Paradise island very soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This resort was just right for the price, if you like a quiet, no kids, outstanding dinning, real good pizza, good pasta dishes, good drinks , tha staff was really friendly, awesome views, the most comfortable beds and pillows (I even asked where they bought the beds and pillows, I'm going to buy the same set) and the cleanest rooms, this place is for you, this place will be one of the top resorts on Paradise Island when they are finished with there projects, Great room 523 . You will not be disappointed what so ever with this resort for the money we spent.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Virginio13

Thank you for staying with us, we are so pleased that you had a great vacation experience with us. We are very focused on our associate development and support and are please that they contributed in providing you with a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.
We look forward to welcome you back to the Warwick very soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

If you like to complain about every little thing you won't enjoy your stay. The Warwick is:
- clean
-modern
-adults only
-near sites like Atlantis aquarium and Cabbage beach
-has pretty good staff (some were excellent and some not so much)
-has a tennis court and basketball hoop
-has a jacuzzi
-has a spa
-has a beautiful view of the harbour
- did I mention its CLEAN?!!!!!

I really enjoyed my stay. Travelled solo for the first time in my life and this was the place to go. For my birthday, they had a little surprise in my very clean waterview room. My waterview was partially a construction site but looking to the left it was a beautiful view of the harbour and bridge (rm 816).

Check in took a bit long as there were about 20 of us who came in at once. While waiting the staff brought us beers and drinks,nice touch.

Room:
My room was clean. The TV has about 25 channels. The wifi on the property is free and works well throughout the premises except the boardwalk and beach. It was hard to figure out when the room was being cleaned but they did clean the room and pretty well.

RECOMMENDATION: Get the cleaners on a schedule that is clear to the guests.

The Beach: Don't complain. The website even shows the beach is a small area, man made and facing the harbour. It served its purpose when I wanted to just lay in a beach chair under the sun and dip my toes in some water. I also visited cabbage beach to enjoy the ocean and its not far.

Food: Food was not great all the time. The italian restaurant was very good. Chickanarnies was good food too! The Verandah had some hits and some misses. I enjoyed the food for the most part, just wished they didn't stop serving it at 10pm.
The bar serves drinks until 1am and has little wraps they put out but the wraps taste like crap and are not great when drinking....

RECOMMENDATION: Keep Chicknarnies open all night they had some of the best finger foods. It is not ideal to withhold food from guests. We had a 7am departure by bus and the kitchen opens at 7am. We asked for the kitchen to be open a bit early and were told it would happen. In the morning at 6:40am the staff in Verandah didn't want to let the 15 or so of us in. I had to go to Colan who called and got us in. Your kitchen needs to be flexible or you need to find a more permanent solution for the lack of food between 10pm and 7am.

Entertainment: Tavaris, Delvonti and Malik were great at engaging the guests and giving us details about the island. Tavaris is a natural at getting the evening festivities going (karoake, dance class). Delvonti took us on a nature walk and it was nice! And Malik got us into a dominoe tournament which actually was fun. I liked the staff for the most part. From Shekera, Lanique and Venrietta (I may have these spelt wrong) in the Verandah restarant, they were nice, warm and helpful. To Shama, Camilla, Colan, Kristpheno and the beautiful girl with the red lipstick whose name I can't recall were great front desk staff. If you don't have enough water, ask them for more.

RECOMMENDATION: Just give all guests a 1.5 L of water and two cups in the room. The 2 500 ML bottles aren't enough for drinking travellers from cold countries.

The GYM: Is not nice, barely functioning so if you want to work out go outside. They have bikes, a tennis court and a basketball hoop.

The scenery was gorgeous, the grounds clean and well laid out, the staff was great including Shenelle and Keiyon who are outside at the hog bar serving drinks by the mini beach.

This is the first place I have been to where my pictures match those taken by professionals.

If you are going to complain about every little thing don't go. This place is a step above its counterparts.

Don't pay for the Atlantis aquarium experience. The aquarium is free after 6 and is set in 5 different locations within the Atlantis complex. WIthout a tour guide, which they don't provide its a waste. Visit Cabbage beach it is a nice day out.

The hotel also has a nice addition of Cunningham's Caricatures. Willard Cunningham can draw! And its a nice souvenir from your stay at the hotel.

GIft Shop: Pricey. But its open daily in case you need anything.

All in all I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Rm 816 is waterview but if you don't like construction you'll complain. Get a balcony room and that for sure will face ONLY the water.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank True S

Thank you for spending your vacation with us and completing a review. We are particularly pleased that you recognized the associates who contributed to providing you with a great vacation experience, we will certainly let them know of your very kind comments..
We recognize that we still have to complete some our product enhancements as these are all a part of our development program. Again thanks for your constructive comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Warwick Paradise island.