All reviews time share cabbage beach pool bar grocery store tony knowles treatment plant bahamian night full kitchen per load half hour walk living room a short cab ride fabulous location minor issue maintenance fees second week great place to vacation
Reviewed 2 September 2016

This is my first review on trip advisor and I gotta say, I am pretty disappointed with the timeshare. We decided to go with this timeshare based on reviews but you don't really know the resort till you get there and experience it. Here I thought we would get a nice room facing the beach but it was not like that at all.

This resort gave us a room far away from the ocean where the fan in the living room was almost falling off, there was cracks and paint missing all over the villa from the bathroom toilet seats to the counters to the walls and floors, etc. It seems like they gave us a very old falling apart villa. Next, the resort charges to use electricity which was around 133 dollars. I have traveled a lot to many foreign countries and never had to pay for electricity. Next, the resort only offers dinner every Wednesday and Saturday so if you are hungry on the other days make sure to order a big lunch so you have something to eat at night. They do have a decent grocery store though. Next, don't expect to enjoy the beach in the evening. The resort takes away the umbrellas and chairs to lay down on at 6 pm every day. They will NOT let you keep them pass 6 no matter what. People go on trips and tours during the day so of course many people want to relax on the beach after a long day, but it's not like that here. After 6 pm the beach is completely empty and the only people you will find sometimes is the locals nearby. Try not to arrive on the weekend because the tour information office is closed so there is no one to tell you anything about what is going on. Also I need to comment that the ladies working at the pool side bar is very unfriendly.

On the bright side, the ocean is beautiful at this resort. It is a nice resort but they need to update the place. I know they said the resort is old but if you want people to keep coming you really need to fix up the place and keep it up to date.

Room Tip: Call your timeshare while you are there if the resort gives you a bad room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank xyteraa
Anthony K, General Manager at Paradise Island Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

I am disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us, you came in as an exchange guest, when you exchange you are given the villa which the owner was scheduled to occupy. We are a Ocean front resort with forty four villas, all two bedroom two bathroom resort. It is very difficult to to obtain a ocean front villa on an exchange. All resorts have charges on Interval Internationals listing for us it is clearly stated on the energy surcharge.

The pool bar is open until 8:00pm, we are a bar and grill we tried opening later but most of our guest because we have a full size kitchen and a nearby convenience store with out door barbecue grills, we compete against our restaurant.

We are currently closed for renovations addressing all issues and concerns, all furnishings are being replaced. The front desk is also very knowledgeable on events and things to do on island.

I am disappointed to know that you found our pool side staff unfriendly, if you would have contacted me, I would gladly assisted all your issues and concerns. yes we do allow our guest to keep the chairs out late, the only draw back is that the guest would have had the responsibility of securing the chair and umbrella.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I took the kids on a end of summer/before school starts trip. The accommodations were nice but I would have expected a little bit more for the price that I paid per night. The staff was very nice and helpful but I must agree with another review - that they acted like you were going to steal the beach towels when you asked for new ones. The bed was not comfortable at all and the Villa/property could used some updates. The beach was absolutely beautiful but the umbrellas and chairs were locked up by 5pm (even on weekends).

I didn't really care for the pool bar's food (the taste/choices). We wound up going off the island to find a restaurant. The general store was convenient and I was glad that it was on site. Another thing that I didn't like was the fact that the showers water pressure was so low that I had to use the outside hose to get the sand out of my sons hair. Overall, I enjoyed my stay but don't think I will stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Cherronj
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

If this review was only about the beach, this review would be 5 stars. This resort has potential but is in serious need of updating. Skip the dinner buffet. The $40+ per person looked like a fair price but the ribs are soggy and seafood overcooked. There are flies all over the place. At first it seemed odd that most guest didn't take advantage, but soon it became very clear why. It was horrible and we all got indigestion, Getting beach towels is another trial. The front desk acts like you are trying to steal them. Still the location on the beach is prime. If customer service, amenities, towels, and facilities don't mean much to you, this place may work for you. My family won't be staying again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank K L
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I was in Unit 36 on a timeshare exchange, which has no water view. The unit was clean and nice, nothing fancy. The terrace has clean newer furniture. There were 2 lounge chairs and 4 chairs and a table. The terrace is clean and a large size. The kitchen was stocked with everything you needed for the week (Not Food). The bathrooms are nice sized and clean. During the first night I had termites emerge in the kitchen. They shed wings all over the counters. The master bathroom had a sewer gas smell most of the week. The staff was very nice about our complaints, and worked on fixing them immediately. After that, the termites didn't show up again. The manager was very swift about getting the problems taken care of. The staff in this resort is very friendly, and housekeeping was good. The Reef Bar is lively and fun. The food on their fairly large menu was very good and reasonably priced. The star of this place is the pool deck and beach access. It's gorgeous and well kept. The Wednesday Night Bahamian buffet was well worth the $40. Ribs, Rock Lobster, and Snapper plus salads and dessert, plus the beach backdrop was perfect. There is free WiFi in the breezeway, but I was able to access it in my room daily. The mini-mart is pricey, but has what you need. I would love to see the menu for the Reef Bar shown on their website and have a copy placed in the units. The bar staying open longer for food and drinks would also be nice. This is my second visit here in 10 years, and it's only improved.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank sbradleym1
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

All ok. Not much to write home about for £500 for day trip for two.
If you have spare cash go but if on budget not missing much.
Staff ok
Transport ok
Views ok
Interactive and interesting-spend the day if you can to interact with mammals and enjoy the scenery.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple