All reviews cabbage beach full kitchen private patio living room laundry room mini mart atlantis hotel spent nights pool side comfort suites tennis nassau pools bridge amenities taxi units
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Due to passport issues, we booked too late for our first choice, which was Comfort Inn. Upon our arrival (which was late because our flight was delayed), the front desk employee handed us the keys and pointed us in the direction of our room, luggage and all. No offer of help, which shouldn't have been a surprise, since I'd just bought a bottle of wine, and dropped it in the "lobby", which my husband mopped up. Again, no offer of a bit of help. I had requested a first floor room, because I have bad knees (there are no elevators). We were in a second floor room. The unit was clean and pleasant enough, but the lack of availability of staff, and our check in experience, and the L-O-O-N-G walk to town (my husband hates to drive on the left side of the road) made this place a thumbs down overall.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter wanted to come here to dive. Hotel was cute, has character, and is pretty well maintained. We liked the walkable location a lot and we only ventured over to Atlantis minimally (it’s like Disneyworld in our opinion).
Some of the staff were very nice, some could be a lot friendlier, some were
mean (I don’t care for fake friendly either).
Know this going in.
I tried to in general tip 10% or more on top of the 15% automatically charged-everywhere. This helped but shouldn’t the default attitude be to be nice?
I don’t know whether I’d stay here again or not. I’d check recent/current reviews first.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsy G
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The pros-close to Cabbage Beach! Hotel rooms are surrounded by beautiful greenery. Rooms are equipped with full kitchen. There is a separate television in the living room and bedroom. There is outside seating for each room. They have swimming pools on site. You can purchase breakfast onsite (we did not). They have washing machines and dryers on site for $2.00 each.

Cons-The customer service was not good at all. One of the ladies never spoke to us though we spoke to her multiple times. She was rude when we asked for assistance. Every time we asked for assistance with something, we were told we need to contact the "office", i am just security. The "office" is only open 8-5. When I informed the manager that the customer service was not good, she brushed it off. She did not bother to inquire about any specifics. One of two television remotes did not work and the other one only partially worked. The bathtub drained very slow, it was like standing in your dirty bath water. The refrigerator did not work, it stayed warm the entire 3 day, 4 night visit. The freezer did work.

If you just need an inexpensive play to sleep and have no other expectations, this works. I am a very laid back, go with the flow type person but I was a little disappointed in this hotel and probably wouldn't be quick to stay there again. My sister who I was traveling with is a lot more upscale. She was ready to check-in to a different hotel the night we arrived but we prepaid our trip through cheap tickets so I convinced her to make do.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Pushin2thelimit .
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We stayed here in November of 2017. The property is nice, attractive and the cute landscaping and vegetation create a very inviting atmosphere. Since the units used to be owned and have now converted into short-term rentals, they all come with living quarters and a full kitchen as well as a patio. This makes for a comfortable stay and lots of room to spread out your stuff during your stay. The property is in need of some updating and repairs. It looks exactly did it did in the 1980s when I spent considerable time here.

Amenities are fairly sparse. There is a kitchen where you can order simple lunch fare and a small little mini-grocery store with mostly pantry-like supplies. There is vending but the food vending machine was not operational and I had to visit the office to get a refund for my $2 in vending. Also, the store and restaurant at the club house are only open from 8:00 to 4:00. In my opinion, those hours are too limited for vacationers.

I found myself walking a considerable distance to get coffee in the morning (Dunkin Donuts) and basic supplies like water at night (The Warwick.)

Other than that, the hotel is a moderate walk to Atlantis, Marina Village and the Paradise Island bridge to Nassau where you can catch a ferry to Nassau.

Bay View Suites was quiet at night. We had guests staying above us, they were a little noisy in the morning but other than that, the place was quiet and very calm and relaxing.

On our very last day, we have lunch there on the patio and the food was good and prepared and served quickly.

We did not have a lot of interaction with the staff but when we did, they were friendly and responsive. Getting towels is tough. We even brought our own towels as we were warned about this on TripAdvisor. When we asked for clean towels we were told we only could have new towels if we turned in our old towels right then and there. So apparently clean laundry is a bit of a scarcity there--in spite of a laundry room in plain sight.

I recommend this place for quiet and hassle-free getaway on Paradise Island with easy access to most of what Nassau and Paradise Island have to offer. However, if you are traveling with a larger group (there were only 2 of us) you may want to consider the nearby Comfort Suites or Atlantis or even The Warwick as they have more amenities with more convenient hours. I can't see this place lasting forever--not without serious renovations or updates. For now, it's still OK and we enjoyed our time here. However, it is unlikely that we will return due to the limited amenities and the general outdated feel of the place.

Final comment: The reason for my "very good" rating is that it's still on Paradise Island so the location is very good in one of the most beautiful places in the world. And that ought to count for something.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tourist66
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I liked the fact that I was able to look at the room prior to booking it. The rooms come equipped with a full kitchen bathroom and living room. It felt comfortable and cozy. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple