All reviews hartford wing butler service dune restaurant champagne and strawberries family pool versailles gardens infinity pool ocean front casino royale beach attendants jean georges beach service tennis courts garden view the general manager oceanfront room each evening
Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

I've been going to the Ocean Club since I was a little girl and my parents long before I was born even and I can't fault it. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful but the service is like no other resort I've ever been to in the world. The facilities including the pool, beach, tennis courts and gym are second to none and it really is paradise!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara K
John_C10521, Executive Producer at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Dear Sara,

Thank you for your review and your amazing years of loyalty to the One&Only Ocean Club. We truly appreciate this and are thrilled that you continue to enjoy the ambiance and service at the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you next year and many years to come.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

We looked forward to splurg ourselves at O&O OC for months, but what kind of a five star luxury resort does this to their guests: They notify their valuable guests about property closing and all reservation are cancelled just ONE WEEK before our trip! The flight tickets are non-refundable, so we had to go to the Bahamas no matter what. I do not want to stay at the alternate option they offered: The Cove at the Atlantis. I ended up making a last minute hotel reservation somewhere else.

Conclusion: I am not going to give the Ocean Club a second chance. Seems like a reservation means nothing to them. Why bother to 'make a reservation' then?

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank vicky2YUKI
John_C10521, General Manager at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Dear Vicky,

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the One&Only Ocean Club team for our renovation closure and your disappointment in the way it was handled. Please feel free to contact me personally at john.conway@oneandonlyoceanclub.com or 242-363-2501 to further discuss your experience.

John Conway

Reviewed 25 August 2015

From the moment my husband and I walked through the doors at this wonderful hotel we experienced nothing but perfection! Our room was spacious and luxurious with a beautiful view. Our butler spoilt us every afternoon with champagne and strawberries! The beach area was spectacular , the sun beds were comfy and the blue sea was warm and calm- it really felt like paradise! It's worth remembering to also use the gorgeous hotel pool which had magnificent views of the Versaille gardens- at times, we were the only guests using it so we had it all to ourselves, my husband also used the complimentary bike hire to further explore the local area.
if you are seeking a really fabulous hotel for a special occasion in the Bahamas then look no further- this hotel is amazing with great staff and facilities.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sally b
John_C10521, Executive Assistant at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Dear Sally,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the ambiance and service at the One&Only Ocean Club. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

After spending only 4 nights last year, this year we did 6. The One and Only is a fantastic resort. The people along with a stunning property make this resort the best. Our room in the Crescent wing was beautiful and roomy with a great view. The beach was great and the pool was quiet. Overall a very relaxing and peaceful vacation. The staff from check in to butlers to servers all made or stay fantastic. Special thanks to our Butlers, Timothy, Lamont and Corniche. The beach crew of D'Angelo, Jerry and Darron. Our beach servers, Omar, Desiree and Monique were always quick with food and beverages and always remembering our preferences. Anthony and Ralph at Dune made our breakfast and lunches memorable. We truly love the One and Only Ocean Club. It has now become our tradition. Can't wait until next year, eagerly awaiting the new Hartford wing and swimming pool.

Room Tip: Crescent Wing, second level
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal One&Only Ocean Club guest. We are delighted that you continue to enjoy the ambiance and service of the resort. We can assure you that we will celebrate your comments with Timothy, Lamont, Coneisha, D'Angelo, Jerry, Darron, Omar, Desiree, Monique, Anthony and Ralph. All mentioned will be thrilled you took your time to commend them.

On behalf of the entire team we say thank you and that we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ocean Club next year.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

I hate to leave such a negative review for a hotel that I was really excited to visit, but I feel like our experience needs to be shared.

We reserved our vacation for Labor Day 2015 back in January. We had briefly contemplated staying at the Rosewood at Baha Mar as it promised elegance with an onsite casino, but we ultimately decided that One & Only was just better all around (and with Baha Mar’s bankruptcy issues, it looked like we made the right choice!). After visiting O&O Palmilla and dining at O&O Ocean Club several years ago, we were excited to finally stay here. We were traveling with one other couple, so we had reserved the two bedroom cottage.

Much to our dismay, about 2 weeks ago (4 weeks prior to travel), I received a phone call saying that they have decided to make renovations to the property. This would not allow them to provide the level of service that guests expect, so they are going to close the property for several months. We were dismayed that this would occur over a holiday weekend and that a trip that we were looking forward to for so many months was now in question. We had purchased travel insurance, but we didn’t want to forego our trip.

One & Only only gave us 2 options. We could either have our money completely refunded or they could move our reservation to a date next year and give us a complementary night then. While we would have loved to change our dates, we already have a full year in 2016 so the latter was not an option that would work for us. Instead, the only option was to receive the refund and move to Atlantis (Baha Mar has not yet set an opening date).

While Atlantis is fun, it is not the quiet atmosphere that we were looking for on this vacation. On top of that, we ended up having to spend significantly more money to reserve two regular rooms at The Cove (with a lot less amenities and a loud, Vegas style pool in exchange), which is a huge downgrade from O&O's 2 bedroom cottage.

If a hotel of this caliber is going to make such a drastic decision, I wish that they would have provided guests with more options (such as a complimentary night for the future while returning our deposit for the stay that was cancelled). As much as we were looking forward to our stay at One & Only Ocean Club, this has left a very bad taste in our mouths and I’m not sure that we will make another reservation in the future.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank seb02a
John_C10521, General Manager at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Ms. Armstrong,

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the One&Only Ocean Club team for our renovation closure and your disappointment in the way it was handled. As it was our wish to have affected guests enjoy the resort at a later date we do appreciate that for you this was not a feasible option. Please feel free to contact me personally at john.conway@oneandonlyoceanclub.com or 242-363-2501 to further discuss your experience.

John Conway