“Nice food.”

The Bearded Clam Sports Bar
Ranked #11 of 332 Restaurants in Nassau
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Got a bbq chicken and cheesy fries combo. Was very nice and did not walk away from there hungry. Got a good laugh from all the different pictures/posters/scribbles/sayings/mottos etc etched all over the walls/tables and everywhere else in there. Good place to stop if you are coming back from excursions from a day stop on on a cruise and have an hour or so to kill before the boat leaves again as it is right beside the port.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 8 November 2018

As a frequent visitor to Nassau, I must admit that I have my favorite restaurants to visit. I ventured out and discovered the Bearded Clam which now has expanded my list. It is a fun, festive, colorful open air restaurant in the International Bazaar. The food is excellent and moderately priced for lunch in the Bahamas. The staff was efficient, helpful and friendly. I loved the fish and chips. I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and will visit them again.

Date of visit: October 2018
llb1212, Manager at The Bearded Clam Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Audrey M,

Thank you so much for the review. Im glad we are now on your list of favorite restaurants to visit in Nassau. The Fish and Chips is one of my faves too, I'm pleased you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon, thanks, Becky.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

We stopped in Nassau while on a cruise and wanted to try a few local cocktails not made on the ship.

It's down a little alleyway with lots of little stores but it's easy to find. There's a nice vibe about this place and it's also good for people watching.

Out waitress was nice and friendly and hleped with drink recommendations. I had to try the Bahamas Mama since we were in the Bahamas :-) It was very good but a tad sweet. I asked if the next one could be a little less sweeter (it was 2 for 1) and she obliged.
My husband got a Bahamian version of a Long Island iced tea and it was very good. His other cocktail (I forget what it was) was also pretty good.

We didn't eat but what we saw looked good. Next time we're in the Bahamas we'll have to come back :-)

Hi mudi424,

Thanks for visiting us on your visit to Nassau. We really appreciate the review. Yes I agree the Bahamas Mamas are a sweet drink but we are always happy to twerk it to your needs. It sounds like your husband had the Shocker. Im glad he enjoyed his drinks and your waitress took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you next time. Thanks, Becky.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We stopped in for a bite while we were in Nassau. Good food, cool atmosphere (waiter hands you a marker and tells you to write whatever you want wherever you can find a space to write it), they have a contest (I believe it was if you can do a 2 minute hang from a bar, you win $100), they also give a military discount.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is great for a good snack/lunch and beer/liquor. They offer a variety of deals on the alcohol. The food was a little pricey. It is down a side street but once you find it they have their regular bottom area and a small up stairs. The staff was nice. We were there when several ships were in port so they were really busy but overall it was nice to experience it. My husband tried the ‘shrimping ain’t easy’ meal and loved the coleslaw

1  Thank Kyle-Kayla

Hi Kyle-Kayla,

Thanks for visiting us and leaving us a review. Yes every day we have lots of alcohol specials.The daily specials include the local beers - Sands - two for $5 and Kalik - two for $7. And everyday buy one get one free Bahama Mamas. Then depending what day of the week is we run different food and drink specials. Liquor and beer are often cheaper in the Bahamas as the Bahamian rums and beers are produced here so therefore can be priced cheaper. Food costs can be higher as we do not produce much food in the Bahamas however our food prices are very reasonable for downtown Nassau and is on the same par or even cheaper than many other restaurants in the vicinity. Im glad you enjoyed your experience here and we look forward to seeing you next time. Thanks, Becky