All reviews close to downtown junkanoo beach big flat screen iron board free continental breakfast west bay street one night stay front desk staff stayed here partial ocean view fish fry yogurt would stay here again beautiful hotel minute walk walking distance pool side
Reviewed 26 May 2018

The ladies at the front desk were above excellence. Always pleasant, willing to help,m and smiling. Special shout out to Ketiera for directing me to the Harley store.

It was a relaxing solo vacation. The old is very quite. You could be the only person there sometimes.

Very clean hotel.
I only wished that there was a little more privacy from the cars and people on the street with some shrubs as coverage.

Do the airport shuttle with the hotel but make sure you pre book it. Great value and excellent service from my friendly female driver. $30 rountrip rather than the mean taxi people at $33 each way.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank DP07pd
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and for rating our hotel 5 stars. We are happy you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as well as hard working and reliable airport shuttle service with clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to seeing you again real soon and wish you a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here three nights prior to our yacht cruise. This hotel is a ten minute walk from the center of town and a ten minute walk from the Fish Fry. It offers a beautiful beach across the street with complimentary beach chairs. When our room was not ready for our 3 pm check in the hotel manager kindly offered us beverages and drinks pool side. The room was clean and comfortable, we had an outside balcony. We would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedPearlArt
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking time out to provide us with this awesome review. We rely on our guest to let us know how we are doing and we truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback.I am also glad to know that our location was convenient and you had a great stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Customer service was very good and came with free breakfast everyday. We had a water problem which was fixed in reasonable time. Rooms were clean and the balcony was great with a beach view. It’s right across the street from the beach where most of the cruise ship people visit. Other hotels may offer a better deal for the price.

Stayed: May 2018

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad to hear that the room was clean. I want to apologizes to hear about the water problem nd glad that it was fix in a reasonable time. We look forward to your next visit with us hopefully soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We're the type of traveler that sleep and shower only in the hotel, we don't actually hang out since there's much nicer place to see outside. Location is really good, close to downtown and bus stops. Since it's on the street it gets a little bit noisy. Basic continental breakfast, I hope they'll have more fruit options. We just didn't like the fact that there was an additional cleaning fee per person per night of $20 usd, they should've included that when you book their hotel. And also when you book a room, the description says "ocean view", they should be specific with that I guess like "partial ocean view". Staff was really nice!!! They will always give you a warm welcome and very approachable. Robertha, Katera and Kendea are very helpful too. Actually all the staffs, some doesn't have name tags tho. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JulieAnnSamia
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to read that you liked our location. My team are delighted with your praise and I am genuinely touched you appreciate our efforts. I am sorry you to hear you had some issue with the $19.90 can you reach out to me to discuss this. We do hope to see you soon in the future.

Sonia Bain
1-242-422-0266
gm@hiexnassau.bs

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had a horrible experience with this hotel last week. After 10 hours in the Nassau airport trying to get home to NY in a storm, my family (2 adults and 2 small children) desperately needed a hotel for the night. Given the high cost of taxis from the airport, we filtered a search online for a hotel with an airport shuttle. One available hotel showed up with an advertised shuttle, this Holiday Inn Express. There were a number of extra fees tacked on to the "rate" of $253 a night including a $20 per person cleaning fee. Pausing here to acknowledge how ridiculous it is that a hotel rate does not include the service of cleaning the freaking room. But we paid those fees because of the "value" we were getting with the shuttle.

We booked the room and checked to see when the airport shuttle would make its next route through the airport. It turns out that the advertised airport shuttle was not a shuttle at all, but an airport transfer service that they charge $40 per person for. We called the hotel immediately to cancel the reservation and the manager refused to cancel it. We tried to explain that we booked in a hurry after a long tough travel day so that our kids would have somewhere to sleep that night but that there were better cheaper options for us given the shuttle situation. The manager refused to release us. It was 10 minutes from when we booked to the room to when we called to cancel the reservation and they refused to help us. No compassion. No understanding.

We paid for a taxi to get to the hotel to appeal to the manager directly and were told that the manager had since left and nobody cared to help us. We could either leave and pay for 2 hotels or bite the bullet and stay there. We stayed.

The kicker was that after walking around barefoot for 5 minutes in the room, below was the bottom of our feet. I guess they aren't making very good use of the $20 per person "cleaning" fee. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank dailyside
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback in regards to your stay.
I am truly disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for the disappointment cause.your overall experience was not satisfactory. Unfortunately, the reservations that you booked was an advance purchase that was unable to be cancel.
Once again I do apologies and I would like you to reach out to me via phone or email gm@hiexnassau.bs or 1-242-422-0266 so that I speak to you in a more personally way.

Sonia Bain