All reviews privilege pool monkey bar baha mar bungalow pool grand hyatt bedroom residence mercedes suv amazing weekend cleo restaurant mediterranean food espresso machine beautiful resort food truck pool party cafe madeleine washer dryer rooms are gorgeous
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We went to Baha Mar for our honeymoon in September 2018. We went during their slow season so we got to try everything we wanted at this resort. First - You need to know this is NOT an all inclusive resort. The prices on food and everything else is very on par with Atlantis i.e. expensive. A pool side hamburger and fries is $ 32 and the drinks are not cheap either unless you a playing games in the casino where they are complimentary if your playing the tables.

BTW- The casino here is massive. We had a lot of fun playing Roulette and Black Jack.

There are NINE beautiful pools at this property. They are well kept and super nice. The staff service is also top shelf from everything from the concierge to the bar tenders to the housekeeping staff.

We met a lot of people having a great time and I did not get the feeling like it's all just rich people. We are 48 and there was plenty of people of all ages and some kids. I would say this place is a little better for couples than kids but there is plenty to do with the kids too including on the property a FEEDING SEA TURTLES!! We had a ton of fun doing that.

This place has by far the nicest SPA we had ever been in. The couples massage was simply amazing and highly recommended. $$$

There is a very affordable sunset catamaran dinner cruise off paradise island that we also did and booked through hotel. It was amazing.

The rooms and for that matter the art and styling of this place is simply amazing. Our room was spectacular (see pics). Eat at Fi Lia the Italian place, amazing.

SLS shares the pools, restaurants and casino with the two Grand Hyatt towers and Rosewood all of which are top shelf.

Overall if you can afford this place it's well worth it.

Room tip: Ocean view kings are amazing at SLS, Hyatt or Rosewood.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terjector
RichardA4336, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you Terjector for your review!

I hope to welcome you again soon at SLS Baha Mar.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I was in Nassau for a Business trip and was able to squeeze in a bit of R&R. First, I must say the staff were super attentive. I was warmly welcomed by the staff and Hotel Reservation Manager Melissa Forbes. Melissa made my stay the most enjoyable. She had everything in place, all my requests were granted with a smile. The room was extremely clean and well decorated; felt like home. The amenities and restaurant on site were spectacular. The beach area is clean; inviting and the staff is there to cater to your every needs. This has got to be one of the most amazing place I've stayed at. This is a 5/5 star hotel. Thanks again Melissa and staff. You all Rock. This is a true sample of excellent hospitality. Dr. CDF

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Clovly for your kind review!
I hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Located on the beach it is adjoining to the Grand Hyatt hotel. The crowd is early to late 30's. It has a private pool and many restaurants. The hotel is adjoined by the casino at the grand Hyatt. There are many nice restaurants and also beautiful bars where many meet in the evening. Very nice atmosphere to grab a drink and listen to music or play in the casino. This is not an all inclusive hotel and neither is the Grand Hyatt.

Date of stay: August 2018

Hello Laura,
Thank you for this amazing review!

I hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We have gone to Bahamas many times over the years, we stayed at Sandals, Atlantis 3 time and the cove once. This past July we stayed at the SLS and the Level of Service from the FREE Transfers in their Mercedes (be sure to Schedule prior), to the comfy robes. Nothing was over looked!!! I can still smell the shampoo and soap (Ceil) I know this sounds silly but we even tried to order and can not becasue it was custom order for just SLS. The rooms are Gorgeous and the food is outstanding. The property is large with plenty of private bathrooms all over. SLS is for Adults Only but there was lots to do for kids on the other property and we were able to experience both. The beach is Perfect and they even have a truck that drives along to sell ice cream, water and beer ETC.
They purchased the property next door and plan to build a water park to rival Atlantis since they wont let their customers go there! What I loved to find out is when they took ownership they gave all the furniture ETC to the Locals, they pulled up in trucks and took what was needed. This is a Socially Responsible Resort and we love hearing compnaies do things like this.
As for price they are Expensive but well worth the $$$$. They do provide different price points for food options, unlike some others who charge $50 bucks for a couple of slices of Pizza and Soda's...
The only Con is they are COMPLETELY Cashless, so must pay with a room key or Credit Card for everything, even at Check Out!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you William for your detailed review!

I hope to welcome you back again very soon at SLS Baha Mar!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I just got back last night from an amazing 5 days here. This is really a weekend/high season resort. You'll probably find it pretty quiet and boring during the week with minimal activities and slower/less service. Keep that in mind when you are booking. Starting Thursday it will completely change and things get pretty live around evening time. With that said, everything shuts down really early. Privilege pool had an awesome afternoon DJ, lots of activity, but was over by 6 or 7 at the latest. You'll have a good time here for sure, though! Earlier in the week there was no beach side food or beverage service, which was a bust, but changed again over the weekend. If there were minor things to complain about it would be that the food is hit or miss. The burgers at the pools were amazing. Guacamole? Not so much. At Cleo, the lamb was to die for, but the Wagyu steak? Don't attempt it. There is nothing available after 2am. For a property this size, it would have been great to have a late night dining option or room service. As everyone has already mentioned, be prepared to spend a pretty penny. Everything is expensive. EVERYTHING. I don't think I have ever spent $40 on eggs, potatoes, toast and coffee in my life. If you are going to be budget conscious, this will not be the place to stay for you, especially if you are traveling as a family.

The rooms were gorgeous. Since we were a larger group (5), we had a 2 bedroom residence and it was absolutely gorgeous. Lots of space for us to all move around. The beds were super comfortable. And the views from the higher floors were to die for. We had no issues with calling down for items such as extra coffee, towels and ice. They were prompt, but this may have also been because there were not a ton of people around. If there is something interesting to complain about it would be how the bathrooms were designed. Privacy is non existent. Getting in and out of the tub is a dangerous game because it is so high! And you can forget about not getting water everywhere so you will need the extra towels. The good thing was that housekeeping were always on it. In fact, each time they come and can't get in, they leave a note to let you know they made the attempt.
Management sent up some items to drink and snack on, which was a super nice touch to our stay.
Overall, the property is gorgeous. It is big but not so huge that you feel completely lost and can't get to anything. Each of the pools have a unique and beautiful ambiance. For the most part the staff are attentive and friendly. At the end of the day, it's the Bahamas. You get to make the experience. There was nothing here that was a complete inconvenience, at least not to me. With that said, some additional touches would take this place straight to a top notch "you absolutely need to be here" resort. I would most definitely consider coming back, as well as recommending to friends and family with the caveat that they know what they are getting into.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your review!

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again very soon at SLS Baha Mar!