“Last night meal.”

Lukka Kairi Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lukka Kairi Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 329 Restaurants in Nassau
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood, Bahamian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lukka Kairi means "People of the Islands" Your authentic Bahamian Dining Adventure starts with authentic Bahamian Dishes and an ambience that truly shows the culture of the Bahamian People. Unique "Theatre in the Round seating" and Open Kitchen has the effect of table side chefs. Local farmers and fisherman supply fresh seafood and dining items and the aroma of the kitchen alone will put a spell on you. Amazing servers are also performers so you'll be super entertained with live junkanoo, limbo, dancing and more in addition to the amazing food and drinks. Our menu offers creativity and allows you to choose a combination of small plates so you can try so many tasty flavors. Sharing with your dining mates is definitely encouraged and rotating table server makes it easy and fun. Fresh Conch, Lobster, Grouper, are just a few of our authentic Bahamian specialities that your party MUST try. You'll have to stop in and get your "catch". We're conveniently located in downtown Nassau on Princes George Wharf right on the water, 50 yards from Senor Frogs. The minute you walk in you will notice the vibrant, colorful decor. You will feel the energy through the art on the walls created by local craftsman and artists. We welcome you to have a seat at the bar on one of our custom-made stools made from the indigenous wood of the area. You can sip on a cocktail and enjoy the entertainment on stage or eat in our buzzing dining room as you enjoy the views of the ocean and beautiful fish swimming in our huge aquarium. At Lukka Kairi you can walk up and say hi to the chefs and check out their meticulous preparation of your meals. Watch and listen to the sound of conch shells being cracked for fresh conch salad and conch fritters. The knowledgeable staff will help you maneuver through the menu. We offer countless delicious options of fresh Bahamian flavors all designed for the most unforgettable dining experience you'll have in Nassau. Lukka Kairi restaurant is a place where you can experience history and culture through food. Make a point to put us on your schedule, you will not be disappointed! We want to share with you, the REAL BAHAMAS and the motto "EAT, DRINK, LIVE!"
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Upstairs is.a huge place. Menu ok. Meal average. Good place to watch the.sumset. better for drinks near the cruise terminal.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner with my husband. We were seated promptly, as I had already made a reservation. The views are absolutely beautiful at sunset. I ordered the Plantain Crusted Grouper and it was incredible. Probably the best fish I had while visiting. Unfortunately, my husband ordered the stone crabs and his food didn’t come for at least 45 min after mine. We asked numerous servers when the food was coming. We were on a time constraint, so we had to leave and had to send the food back to the kitchen. Extremely disappointing considering this was a date night for us and my husband didn’t even get to enjoy his dinner. Service and drinks were very slow. I would still give the restaurant one more chance should we return.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Nice open restaurant with a beautiful view of the water. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food was very good. Loved the conch chowder and fish of the day (mahi mahi). Sports bar feel with a large bar area and a number of TVs, but is family friendly.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

During our six days in Nassau, this was the third "local fare" eatery we tried ... and it was, by far, the worst. Our driver (Tyrone Butler) cautioned us during the drive to the restaurant as he informed us that he had heard mixed reviews from others as some nights the reviews were spectacular and on other occasions, not so good. I guess we went on a night when it was terrible. In general, the place is big and spacious with a stage for live music and a nice long rail along which you can sit and enjoy drinks while looking at the cruise ships docked across the bay. When my wife and I sat down, I ordered a beer and she ordered a martini ... we were a bit confused when the waitress brought our drinks and there was a margarita glass placed on the table next to a bottle of beer ... but then the waitress explained that they ran out of martini glasses ... at first, my wife did not mind and rolled with it but then noticed there was hardly anyone in the place so we were not sure how they could be out of martini glasses. But no matter, we were not going to make a big deal about the type of glass our beverage was served in ... but then when my wife went to take a sip, she noticed there was hardly anything in the glass (strike 1). We then ordered mussels, wings and some grilled grouper. My wife then got up and went to the ladies room. When she returned she informed me that there was no running water in the ladies room, so the toilet did not flush and she could not wash her hands .... (um, strike 2). When the mussels arrived, there were 8, maybe 9, arranged on a plate. coming form the States, where we are used to receiving a bowl of steaming mussels, we were surprised and disappointed at what passed for an appetizer portion of mussels. What made it worse was the mussels were dried out and flavorless (strike 3). The wings were pedestrian and had no spice or kick that one would imagine one would find in the Bahamas. The grouper turned out to be a small piece and basically was forgotten. I believe our total bill came out to about $140 (15% tip and 7% VAT included), and we were bitterly disappointed with our experience. Looking back, I think this establishment caters to the cruise ship crowds who are gone and back on their ships by 5:00pm, so I am not sure the clientele they serve at night. Regardless, this place was our one and only "miss" during our trip and was the reasons we had a second dinner that night as we refused to accept the fact we were going to go back to our resort hungry and disappointed with our dinner that night ..... so we went to Luciano of Chicago (see if you can find my review) and totally saved our night.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

One of the worst dining experiences I’ve ever had. Food comes out as it’s prepared, which has everyone eating at different times. Most of the food was not edible. The good reviews here must be paid reviews because this place is a total bust. My steamed fish was a pile of bones. Ribs portion was 3 tiny pieces. Our waiter was nice and could not apologize more for the inept kitchen. AVOID