“Exactly as advertised! Love the beach...”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge Sun deck
Sun deck
Kitchen
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
Come see our playhouse in the garden complete with kitchen
View from sandy deck area
Beach Beside Sunset Cove taken Jan 2018
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Matt F
“Exactly as advertised! Love the beach backyard/garden with the ocean behind it!”
Reviewed 26 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

They're clear about how there is some wear from hurricanes, but we enjoyed the price far more than the little bit of past water damage, which is all cleaned up and painted so it looks just fine now!
My wife is particular about cleanliness, and she was pretty happy, as it was very clean! Beds and furniture are all in good shape, and all the appliances work well. We did a few breakfasts here and some leftover goodies for lunch one day in the microwave.
We took advantage of the Enns's offer to have Cheryl's taxi fetch us from the airport and stop at the grocery on the way to the appt. I forgot to get beer and wine at the grocery and Mary was so kind to bring us over some of Peter's beer, the local Kalik beer (a bit light for my tastes, but didn't stop me from drinking plenty of it while there!), and even a cold bottle of white for my wife out of their own fridge! Then Peter dropped off another 6-pack later that evening, so I didn't need to get any more until the day before we left and then just to repay the Enns's kindness. As it turns out, beer and wine (and liquor) are not sold in groceries, just liquor stores, as a tip to future visitors. And there's a liquor store next to the grocery that Cheryl's taxi stops at for you, so stock up there before you make it "home" to the Sapodilla.
Nesbitt's was nice, just across the street, good local fare and juke box, but we were damp from a brief rain so opted to sit outside on a covered patio and had our first of many conch fritters (yum!).
We didn't rent a car, and did fine, nice not having to find parking anywhere. The jitney is the prime travel, just $1.25 per person into town and the #10 and #12 both take you all the way in, will pick you up from anywhere on that main road (west bay) and drop you anywhere just yell "bus stop!" and tell the driver where you want off. It works!
There are sea kayaks to borrow, and beach gear, too -- taking the kayaks just 100yds down from the patio to the beach was a great way to travel (my daughter and I in a 2-man raced my wife and son in their 1-man kayaks :)
Mary, Peter, thanks for the great hospitality! Only constructive feedback I'd offer is add a flat-spatula for non-stick pans to the kitchen wares, and put a luggage stand in each bedroom, so we can have our suitcases off the floor, but otherwise all was awesome! The recommendations in the binder you provided were great! We did the barefood sailing snorkel cruise and loved it!
Matt, Anna, Evan, Emily

TXAGnativ...
San Antonio, TX
“Relaxation and Adventure”
Reviewed 23 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

My 77 YO mother and I stayed here for four nights and loved the central location to both the touristy area of Nassau and the local area of the western half of the island. Even though Mary and Peter offered to have a taxi for us, we opted for a car (Avis had a nice Prius for us) since mom couldn't be standing waiting on taxis and busses. If you take the bus (jitney), the stop is literally right outside the gate.

When we arrived we were shown to the nice ground floor apartment. There are four steps to the front door and one small step out the back. The two bedroom was open and airy and had a great AC unit for the nights. One suite has a bathtub combo and the other a shower. There was a never an issue with having enough hot water. The kitchen had everything you needed. We had read about bringing extra TP, soap, etc, and did. However, I opted to leave the pack of TP we brought and didn't purchase any other sundries since the place had plenty.

The sandy back porch is a wonderful place to take coffee in the morning and sit in the hammocks for an afternoon nap. The other families that were staying took the kayaks, both one and two person, out multiple times to kayak across the cove. I was more keen to snorkel all the rock facings that are in front of the condo. Some amazing sealife even lives in the small tidepools left after high tide. Great for little ones to see. The plastic sealife ID cards came in handy.

The kitchen was well stocked with supplies for our needs and everything worked. The washer and dryer are a lifesaver.

The only suggestion is that some blackout curtains be put at least in the bedroom with the shower. When he next door place has guests and their porch light is on and the street light is on, it is not very dark and would be difficult to sleep if you are used to a dark room. If you have little kids, its a perfect room with no need for a nightlight.

We loved every moment we were able to spend there. I would suggest this place for couples, tourists looking for local flavor, families with older children/teens, and seniors without mobility issues.

We ate at Nesbitt's (another review), bought pastries at Swiss Bakery, but I would also like to suggest to the adventurous...try the Sun, Sand, Sea (?) stand on the beach by apartments. Maybe a little wary at first because of locals, but they were very friendly and made a wonderful conch salad. The man actually walked me through all the steps of pulling the meat out of the shell and gave me the choice of veggies. The hot version with scotch bonnet peppers is HOT but very tasty. Best part is that he bagged it up where I could walk back to the apartment.

StevenJ22...
“Quiet and Relaxing”
Reviewed 9 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We were unsure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised at how clean and well appointed the apartment was. The bus service was great and takes you wherever you want to go for $1.25. We opted for the taxi service to stop at a grocery on the way to the apartment but later took the bus to the City Market which was much cleaner and nicer than the other store. It was great having Nesbitt's right across the street. Good food at a good price. The beach is right next door to the apartment and was a nice, short walk. Lots to do in town and the #10 bus was our best friend.

gustavoex...
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nice place to relax”
Reviewed 4 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The property is at the ocean front, but there is no beach there . There are only rocks and some reef. The sand that you can see on the pictures is a patio with sand floor.
We had a great time, but it is just a nice inexpensive place. In my opinion the property on the outside needs a lift. Inside is very good, cleanses from 1-10 : 8. Some staff under the bed or edges of the countertop and drawers. I would recommend this place to a friend but I will let him know the pros and cons.

Management Response
11 Dec 2017
Hi Gustav,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review.
I am pleased that you found exactly what we aim for "a nice clean inexpensive place to relax" The patio you mention is described in our property description as "the sandy deck area " which is what it is, a sandy deck area, sorry if you mistook it to be a beach. Our beach which is accessed through a gate on the property took a beating during the two cat 5 hurricanes that we had this year, the far end is still good and it will return, it is just a matter of winds and tides but we consider ourselves extremely lucky considering the damage we could have sustained, we did lose some shutters which are being replaced in time for Christmas
Kind Regards
Mary & Peter
KyraMonae
“Paradise. AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!”
Reviewed 13 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This was the perfect place to spend in the Bahamas. Everything was perfect, I cannot wait to come back for New Years Junkanoo. This will be the place I am staying at! Thank you so much for the accomdations and tips!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing