“Hunter Charters”
Review of Hunter Charters

Hunter Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Sportfishing in the Bahamas!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Would never complain about fish biting, but was disappointed that we ran out of gas at start of charter and had to be pulled by another boat, also had to stop and get bait. I felt like this should have been completed. I was stressed the whole time our kids had to ask for new bait, Captain made things uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend.

All reviews
"half day trip"
in 3 reviews
"great fishing"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flowers and Captain Jake were positive and fun from the start! We started deep sea fishing, but due to too little time and needing to get out deeper because of how we booked the charter (we just booked 4 hours- needed 6 to 8), we changed to reef fishing. They adjusted things and set up new rods for reef fishing. The kids had a great time and we caught 32 fish in a very short time!! Would definitely book with them again!

Great guys, great boat, great time! Thank you Captain Jake and Flowers!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a group of 8 adults (4 women, 4 men), and did a 6 hour fishing trip. We had a great time! We went on the 48 foot boat, it was clean and spacious. We planned to fish for a few hours, then head to Rose Island to relax at the beach and snorkel. But, we caught a few tuna and ended up catching an 8 foot shark! The Shark was unexpected and it took about 2 hours to reel in. We all took turns reeling it in, and Captain Alex and PJ were great in coaching us and helping us reel it in. We didn't have time to make it to the beach, but catching the shark was well worth it! It was a great experience, and even our non-fishing friends enjoyed it! We would recommend and book another trip with Hunter Charters again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the best charters i have ever been on. The captain was awsome. His deck hand pj is the coolest dude you will meet. They are good at what they do. I would highly recommend them

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked the “Strike Zone” for my teenage children to go sportfishing while we were on Spring Break in Nassau. I booked the Strike Zone due to the excellent reviews and 3 fighting chairs described on Trip Advisor. However, the day of our trip in March 2018 the “Mornin Ride” showed up with only 1 chair and they were late.
I didn’t make a big deal about it because my children were very excited to go fishing. I had checked the box on my reservation for whatever was “biting best” for that day. Off we went to try and get ourselves a Marlin. After we arrived (45 minutes later)to our location which was expected I know you need to go miles out ;however, once there we only spent maybe 20 minutes at that location with small hooks and very small amount of bait to try and catch something “BIG”. Nothing biting ( big surprise) is what I think the first mate said as it was practically impossible to understand him. Then we went to the reef barely off shore so the kids could catch something. It was a bunch of small fish which the crew kept for what I think was bait for their next hoax. If we wanted to go reef fishing I wouldn’t have spent the amount of money on a deep sea fishing excursion as I did. I understand fishing isn’t always catching but it’s never going to happen with the wrong bait and essential supplies.
Very disappointing. I feel like I was taken advantage of. We tried to make the best of it but it was a waste of time and money. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

1  Thank kcmc2528
Paul S, Manager at Hunter Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

This trip was planned and we never cut charters short . The big game fishing is in the summer . If you had booked thru us you would of been told that .we never just go to the reef to fish unless we are told .The question was asked .DO YOU WANT TO BOTTOMFISH
THE ANSWER WAS YES.... Because we want to catch something .to carry to eat . With Big Game fishing it does not always go the way planned . We are sorry you had to go this way , better luck with your marlin next time .