“I'm too old for this...”
Review of Junkanoo Beach

Junkanoo Beach
Ranked #25 of 77 things to do in Nassau
Reviewed 19 April 2018

15 years ago I would have rated this excellent. Still, this is a beach for teens and 20-somethings. In my 40's I only stayed for a few minutes. Being surrounded by 20 year old girls in bikinis while with your wife never makes for a good dinner conversation...

I saw some 30-somethings pretending to be 20-somethings but they stuck out like a sore thumb.

Still, it seemed like the kids were having fun. What drew me in was the gift shop. They have some really cool stuff there.

2  Thank Russ F
in 31 reviews
"lounge chairs"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 17 April 2018

A free beach that we walked to from the Cruise ship terminal. Many shops, and restaurants between the Cruise terminal and the Beach area. there is food and drink available right at the beach. Beach is a little rocky and I noticed some broken glass on the beach as well, so water shoes are a must!

1  Thank Ge0rgetravels
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This beach is fun!!! It has music to dance too!!! But make sure you bring water shoes because the sand is a little rocky. They have delicious drinks to purchase and rent chairs also. The chairs are about $25 I think and you get umbrella and a drink.

1  Thank Tintin52
Reviewed 15 April 2018

It was close enough to the port that we could walk. So we saved a lot of money for our family of 6. The water was a little cloudy, not at clear as the beach we visited the day before, but still that beautiful turquoise blue. We walked to the end where it was less crowded. Nice sandy beach, but you have to be careful of rocks.

1  Thank christyinpa