Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Orbitz.com
US$ 408
US$ 345
9,412 results
All reviewscrystal roombutler servicewindsor buildingwindsor poolroyal cafebutler suiterolls royceour honeymooncricketers pubstew fishred lane spapiano barspices restaurantbutler guestscandlelight dinnerquiet poolglass of champagne
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a very enjoyable week at Sandals.The staff was very friendly and the grounds well maintained. Pros: 1) Had very good meals at all the restaurants. Particularly liked breakfast at Spices ,dinner at Casanova and lunch at Schooners on the "private island "2) the private island was wonderful. The backside offered some privacy and good snorkeling. 3) the all day trip with Hidden Beaches to swim with the pigs and sharks. The crew was great . 4) Two servers we're especially friendly- Nellie at Casanovas and Shaquille at SchoonersCons:1) the pools were big but quite cold ,not heated. 2) Gordon's was closed for dock repair. Not Sandals fault, they needed to be repaired due to storm damage.3) nightly entertainment stopped around 10:30,would have liked it to go on a little longer

4  Thank ews999
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the most amazing stay ever at Sandals Royal Bahamian . From the moment we arrived on resort we were met by the Wonderful Club Sandals team . Edison is one of your greatest assets on Resort as he went above and beyond to ensure we had a good time. We are happy to have chosen this level of service. The food items were amazing at Gordon's on the pier . When we return on resort we are hoping to be greeted by Edison and the wonderful team. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT STAY !!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank vic2rzz
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wouldn’t go back even if it was free...

So I do have fairly high standards when it comes to resorts, but I always try to stay at the best. This resort is all around disappointing. Everything is sloooooow.

Check in: immediately upon arrival, I ask to upgrade my room. The girl seemed annoyed that I wanted an upgrade without first seeing the room I was being given.(FYI there are countless reviews complaining about the Balmoral rooms and preferred to be in the Windsor) I was told I would have to wait for an upgrade. So slow.... if you are planning on being able to get on your pool wear and start enjoying right away.... think again. This was never even offered to us, we were just escorted to a restaurant (Royal Cafe) for lunch..... at 11:15 after lunch I check back in with the desk about a room, more waiting. I ask if I can get to my luggage and get my beach bag and clothes and was told no, not until you get a room. OK. Then they tell me someone is going to show me the room.... again OK but a description would have been sufficient. I was so excited for my first trip to the Bahamas they could have sold me on the Presidental Suite - but no attempt. They show me a very basic room and at this point my excitement is expiring. (Note there is no discussion about how much the upgrade costs)I take the room. They say they are sending luggage in 10-15. NOPE, 3 phone calls and 55 minutes later luggage arrives.its now 2:30pm and I only have 4 days here.

Poolside: We sat at the Party Pool everyday and the entertainment staff were really good and very funny. Bar service - horrible. Always a line up and no one is any hurry to help you. They would rather chat amongst themselves. It’s the Caribbean where frozen drink prevail and yet they only have one blender.

Poolside wait staff: slow, abrupt and mostly non-existent-hence the line up at the bar. Likely because of Sandals no tip policy. They have zero motivation and man does it show.

Pool: PEOPLE HELLO.... you notice no one is in the pool?? That’s because the pool is FREEZING. The only people in it for the first 3 days were the drinkers. Heat the pool please when it’s cold.

Excursion: when I called to arrange transportation from the airport the woman from Sandals sold me on “an evening dinner cruise of the Nassau harbour” I’m not sure what comes to mind for you, but I envisioned a boat, like a casino boat, dinner boat even a ferry. They tell you dress in dinner wear....Let me tell you.... it was a CATAMARAN that was over booked with people squeezing in for seats. Dinner was good in stainless steel bowls in a very small cabin. I couldn’t believe it, we didn’t go on, we turned around and jumped in a cab! When I asked Sandals to refund they said they have a no refund policy-even though what they sold was NOT what they delivered.

Spa: Meh. Again dated and aged facilities. Rooms are way too small for 2 massage beds and 2 (robustly sized) therapists. My masseuse was constantly banging into me with her body. She used copious amounts of oil and the hot stones were so hot they burned my back in 3 places the size and shape of the stones(I had red marks and discomfort for 2 days so not a bad burn) for some nonsensical reason, even though I booked a 1 hr massage at 5pm the rest of the facilities (sauna showers etc...) we’re already closed and unavailable. Not like they give you a break on the price though LOL I really can’t understand why they would close a sauna before their guests are done with their treatments, it does however speak to their general attitude at this resort.

Restaurants: Not much variety, not the best quality. Service was usually ok, but there were definitely some sour servers like Marge at Casanova. Again no one in a hurry no one moves very quickly. To the point where you order drinks and they come moments before your food. We ordered a bottle of wine and it came at the same time as our food!!! We both try to eat a plant based diet and it was really hard here. No one wants to accommodate and when you ask to change something on the menu they usually tell you no. (Honestly unbelievable) the only case this wasn’t true was Kimonos, Ludwig was amazing as far as accommodating us. He was funny and very friendly. Also Michaela at CasaNova was the best server we had! Riccardo at the Cricketers Pub was also lots of fun. Fluffy in the bar was a pleasure every night and the piano singer on Sunday night was the best! We were originally told Baccarat did NOT need a reservation when in fact it did so we didn’t get to eat there. On my last day we had the salad bar at the Royal and I got so violently ill-I was afraid of flying the next day. Don’t know what it was but I will say this was the only time the water there tasted off.

Internet: HORRIBLE. Slow as molasses. It took me 30 minutes and 3 tries just to check in to my flight. If you need internet, like I definitely do then beware that this may not be the place for you. They do however offer an upgraded internet for $79.99 for 7 days (11.42/day) which is a real piss off because I’m at an ALL-INCLUSIVE!!! Please see checkout below.

Check out: This is where it all goes really south.... a day before check out They send a bill to the room for your review. I
Notice a 79.99 charge for 7 days of internet. Neither my husband or I purchased it -at least not intentionally. I immediately go down to the Windsor Hospitality Desk and speak to the woman there first she says there’s nothing she can do, I continue to complain and she says ok I’ll get it reversed. Keep in mind, I’m only there for 4 days why would I buy for 7 and if their procedure to buy premium internet is so shady that neither of us noticed we agreed to it then that in itself is a problem.

So on the day of departure I go to
check out and low and behold the charge is still there. (Shocking) I complain again the girl at the desk, she sends me the concierge desk. Like why all the run around? Anyway, we get there and explain the situation to the woman named Shandera. She was combative and rude and didn’t even listen to what we were trying to explain. This woman has no business working in a guest facing position. Thanks to her, along with reasons above I will not be returning Sandals or frankly the Bahamas.
you

5  Thank Dishchick
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We only returned home a few days ago (March 2018) and I can honestly say that I have had the most amazing holiday at the Sandals Resort in Nassau, Bahamas. I was only there for 6 days (should have been 7 but thanks to BA my trip was cut short) but I so wish that I’d booked 10 days minimum.

Upon arrival at the airport I found it extremely easy process going through passport control, lots of desks open so the waiting time was minimum. We arrived at the same time as another flight and yes there was a short wait for our luggage but nothing major.

If you have loads of baggage there are lots of chaps (they were all men, I’m not being sexist) at luggage collection ready and waiting with trolleys, all willing to help.

Once we collected our luggage we made our way through the exit and spotted the Sandals desk (in the far corner) where there were 2 really friendly and helpful people waiting to help us. They had taken our names, given us a bottle of cold water each and labelled our luggage within 3 minutes.

We were lead to our Sandals bus, luggage loaded for us and on our way to the Hotel, again all within minutes. The driver was really friendly and the sun was shining woohoooo. The transfer time to our Hotel was about 10 minutes… perfect.

Upon arrival we were lead to our Reception area and greeted with another cold beverage and asked to complete our check in. I had already checked in on-line, but they just needed us to check our details. They took credit card details which they put against our room, so that anything purchased during our stay was credited to that card if necessary.

We were given our room keys and told that our luggage would meet us in the room (it arrived about 10 minutes after us, so no real waiting around)…. We were also given a tour of the Hotel and its facilities before being taken to our room.

Rooms

I have no complaints at all about our room, we wanted a sea view, we got a lovely sea view. The bathroom spotless, 3 towels and a flannel per guest (these could be changed daily if necessary) and there was lots of lovely toiletries on offer (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, soap, cotton buds, etc). Shower cubicle was huge and the shower temperature was easy to control and hot each time you needed it to be (I’ve only mentioned this as sometimes the hot water runs out lol).

Our bed was a 4 poster and it was huge! 2 different sorts of pillows available and I was told that if you found the bed to be too hard, they could supply you with a soft mattress topper.

The ‘mini bar’ was not mini at all! It is all within the ‘all inclusive’ and you are given a whole 2 litre bottle of whiskey, rum, vodka (and others), in the fridge you have champagne, white wine, fizzy soft drinks, fruit juices and water. (The ice machine was about 1 minutes walk away.) There is also a coffee machine along with tea bags, etc.

Plenty of drawers for your clothes and a wardrobe for hanging items. That is where I found the ironing board and iron. The room also boasted a hair dryer (quite good considering the voltage), a large balcony (2 chairs, table and a dryer), large TV, radio and 24 hour room service (again all included at no extra cost).

Restaurants

There is a wonderful choice of restaurants at the resort and I was overwhelmed by the choice and standard.

Buffet – Spices, the buffet restaurant is open from 7:30amish every day for breakfast. There is a choice of, cereals, breads, pastries, omelettes (freshly prepared), French toast, pancakes, hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc), cold meats and cheeses, juices, water, tea, coffee, fresh fruit and usually a ‘traditional’ breakfast choice… the one I tried was ‘tuna’ and it was lovely.

I also visited Spices at lunch time and they have a different cuisine each day of the week, the ones I tried were Indian and Chinese – both were lovely. But along with that there was also salads, cold meats, cheeses, lots of breads, pitta, nachos, etc.

French restaurant – I was lucky enough to have breakfast here and it was divine. We did have to wait a little longer, but it was no problem because when the food arrived, it was all lovely. I had waffles with fruit stew and honey. The menu choice (in my opinion) was really good.

The Cricketers – this bar/restaurant is based upon a pub in UK, so I felt right at home here! They opened around 3am – 7:30am and there was a small breakfast choice available, pastries, fresh fruit plates, tea, coffee, fruit juices – I’m an early bird so I grabbed coffee here around 5am and chatted with the folk who were waiting for transfers to go home.

I also visited The Cricketers for drinks before dinner – they serve Cider! But of course all other drinks are available. Their menu was of a good choice and I can vouch for their fish and chips – lovely. The people that I was with all had different choices and all said they were happy with their food.

Italian – OMG the antipasta choice is huge and amazing. Lots of salad, flavoured bread, cheese, Italian meats, minestrone soup, sauces, etc. The menu was huge and if you wanted, you could have a 5 course meal! Our party had different pastas and steaks – all said how tasty they were and that they were pleased with their choices.

Japanese – This Restaurant is more of a dining experience and it’s fabulous. You all sit around a Tepenyaki station, with your own chef who prepares all your food right in front of you. We had huge prawns, fish, steak, rice, vegetables and they were all amazing. Once the experience has finished, the Chef asks if anyone wants anymore of anything and within seconds we had another round of prawns being cooked for us. Really good fun.

Meditteranean, Restaurant on the Pier, ‘outside’ restaurant – all of these were set menus, but they all had a choice of around 6 starters, 6 mains and 3 desserts – once again our party finished everything that was put in front of them. I can vouch for the scallops, they were divine.

All of the restaurants are available for lunch and dinner/tea, most available for breakfast. My understanding is that you have to book your restaurant (with Reception) early on in the day to make sure that you can get in. I can’t promise this is correct as I was on holiday at a wedding and the bride/groom arranged all of our dinner/tea sittings for us.

There is also a pizza ‘hut’ by the party pool and once ordered your pizza arrives within about 20 minutes – we shared pizza most days and they were always fresh, hot and tasty.

Soft and alcoholic drinks are available at all restaurants, there was also the Piano bar (where the amazing Mr Fluffy worked), their cocktails were lovely and it was always busy in there with a lovely atmosphere.

There is also a bar where the evening entertainment is held. I never went in there but I did have a look in and it was busy.

There is a huge seating area with fire pits – these got busy around 6pmish, as you can watch the gorgeous sunset from there.

During the day there are 2 huge pools (one quiet, one party pool) with lots of beds available. Both are waiter served – Deangelo and Destiny were both absolutely amazing. So friendly, willing to help us choose drinks, super quick service and generally just lovely people. Thank you to both of them.

The party pool is very loud, music playing most of the day, games being played, lots of noise and a fabulous fun atmosphere. There is a swim up bar here too.

The other pool was far quieter – I didn’t visit that one!

Clean towels are available at all pool areas from around 7am each day.

The beach area is quite small but still lots of beds/umbrellas available, you can snorkel right by the beach and I saw some fish, etc but not loads. But the Hotel offers water sports within your all inclusive, snorkelling, diving, pedlows, boats, boarding – so lots to do if you want.

The offshore island is just ammmmazing, it’s like being in ‘an advert’. The beaches are amazing (hammocks, water swings), the water is so clear, the garden areas are really tidy with lovely little seats available.

There is a restaurant and a bar here too – both again, no complaints whatsoever. The pool was of a decent size, with a Jacuzzi and lots of sunbathing availability.

The boat that takes you over to the island is available from the resort and the boat times are clearly marked for all to see. The trip takes about 6 minutes. The boat is available most days but this depends upon the weather and how windy it is.

There is a shop on site which has lots of trinkets, clothes, jewellery, gifts, chocolate, sun take lotions and some medicines. I’d say it was quite expensive, but to be honest everything else is within your all inclusive, so you kind of don’t mind paying over the odds for another bottle of Factor 50!

The weather was perfect for me – it was between 27 – 30 every day, some days were very windy and some of our party got dreadfully sunburnt, no realising how strong the sun was.

I would most definitely recommend this resort, all of the waiters and waitresses were really helpful and quick, the kitchen staff that I chatted to were also really friendly. Reception area and other Hotel staff again were all really friendly and would help you any way they could.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a sea view - specify if this is what you'd like.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
9  Thank SCSNAX
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our Windsor tower mini suite was great! Loved the stocked bar and quick housekeeping staff. The concierge desk always had helpful, friendly staff working.

We enjoyed most of the restaurants. Favorites were Baccauret for breakfast or dinner, buffet at Spices or Casanova for lunch, Gordon's for dinner was always nice.

All staff were very kind and professional. Bonus was the photography crew, who got some great photos of our trip. (Thanks Momo!)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple