9,848 results
All reviews crystal room butler service windsor building windsor pool royal cafe butler suite rolls royce our honeymoon cricketers pub stew fish red lane spa piano bar spices restaurant butler guests candlelight dinner baccarat restaurant glass of champagne
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We booked this trip very last minute for a quick getaway for our 16th Anniversary. We are SSG Platinum members who have been to Beaches T&C for the last 6 years. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights, when I booked I had added my SSG # and requested an upgrade if available. When we got to the resort (super late 1. flight was delayed and 2. waited WAY too long for the bus to leave for the resort) upon check in we had asked about an upgrade which we were told "too late" those people leave at 4pm and won't be back until 9am the following morning, so we left it and went up to our room. The room itself was clean and suited our purposes for the 3 nights we were to be there….unfortunately for us no mini bar with any beer or wine. We changed and then headed to Baccarat for a very late dinner (it was after 9pm) and they accommodated us. A special thanks to COURTNEY for great service. Dinner was fantastic after we headed into Cricketeers to watch the hockey game. The beach was nice if a little small and the swimming area a little too rocky for me. My husband talked me into going to the island for the day so off we went …the island is very quiet on the backside but it seemed really dirty :( My husband did some snorkelling off the beach and saw a family of sea turtles. We ate lunch at Schooners and it was good, not great but good. we headed back to the main land and then hung out on the beach until it was time to head in and get showered and ready for dinner. We ate at Gordon's and the service was excellent and the ambience was extraordinary, the only let down was that they listed surf and turf and when we ordered they had no lobster but were adding a shrimp skewer….small little frozen shrimp….:( But TALLY was AMAZING.
We ate at Casanova and the Antipasto bar was to die for …..main meal was good but Antipasto is my jam :)
We used the spa for a couple's massage and it was very good. Now back to the check in and room situation. When we asked about our members lunch/dinner invite and tshirts we were told that they did not know we were members as we did not input this information when checking in online. DUH we ALWAYS register our points this is not our first time with Sandals/Beaches. So off we went to the members club and got what we needed. And when my husband went to ask the next morning about the upgrade they first told him they had NO rooms available and when he pressed they took him to two rooms and then told him the cost of the upgrade????? Trust me they were not busy at the resort at all….such a disappointment. Also we had made sure that they knew it was our anniversary and NOTHING not a note or anything. They did however let us pay for a late check out (they told us then that the resort was not busy so we could pay for the late check out)…. Thankfully we were only there for a few days would not have liked it if we spend $$$$ on a week here, lesson learned. One more shout out to PAMELA at Crystal bar who made me day when we were departing and when she found out it was our anniversary brought me over some champagne and strawberries in the bar….what a gem!
Won't be back and we will try another Sandals hoping for better luck, if not there is always T&C ;)

Stayed: June 2017
5  Thank Ellyn W
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Overall the resort is nice, but some areas need updating. We had no hot water for 24 hours. The bedding is cheap and very uncomfortable, I don't understand why the bedding wouldn't equal a standard Marriott. Many of the rooms are small and dated.
The beach and private island were very nice and well kept.
The restaurants were all good. I would skip Kimonos, it's like a Hibatchi but they food was very bland. Drinks are good and plentiful. Not really much entertainment at night.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank jenkintown
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your review of Sandals Royal Bahamian. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. I was disappointed to learn of the shortcomings you experienced and we're currently taking steps to ensure this does not happen in the future. Please note all of your concerns have been passed onto top management for future consideration, as we would gladly make any adjustments necessary to ensure that we are providing our guests with a spectacular holiday experience. We only hope that in the future you would allow us another opportunity to turn things around and regain your trust.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This was our second Sandals vacation and it did not disappoint. The food was excellent; Gordon's on the Pier was our favorite restaurant along with Baccarrat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the offshore island. Be sure to take your snorkeling gear as there are quite a few sea turtles on the back side of the island. We were in the Royal Village section and enjoyed the surrounding gardens and being more secluded.

The dive team was phenomenal - very knowledgeable, helpful, and patient. Sammy, Ramon, Wendell, and Brian were the best. If you are a diver, the shark dive is a must-do! On daily dives we saw lots of sea life - fish, turtles, sharks, and barracuda.

The only con was that the pool bar seemed to be understaffed. The bartender/s did the best that they could but it took quite a while, sometimes 15-20 minutes, to get a drink there due to the number of people and only having 1-2 bartenders.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Service was good, everyone was extremely nice and accomodating. Beautiful resort. We did not have a bad meal. Lots of different meal ootions. If I had one criticism, it would be that some times it took a while to get a drink...they need more people.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ErinD2199
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Pros and cons:

Pros:
Pre and onsite wedding planners were great!
Treated so well with anything in regards to the wedding.
Room towels changed daily
Clean and tidy room twice daily
90% staff 10/10 friendly and well manored
Beach is gorg (small but lovely)
Dinner has been brilliant every night
Nice swim up pools (two large)
Hotel is pretty cool outside to look at
Sunbeds at pools are great! Super padded.
Hotel as a whole is super clean and mostly well looked after.
Quite a few water sports r free
Snorkling trip was fun
Exuma trip seeing pigs, iguanas and sharks was great, although long two hour roughly journey there and back on bouncy speedboat. Didn't help we ran into bad weather both ways which made the ride like being on a white knuckle roller coaster the whole time. Had a sore back for days.
Drink is proper branded drinks.
Not having to tip. (Sounds stingy but saves the hassle). Apart from one bell boy did take a tip. Didn't grudge it at all tho.
Not having to wear wrist bands.
No limit on how many beach towels u can take.
Wedding photographer was fab!

Cons:
Not good value for money overall
Lunch ok (not 5*)
Breakfast basic (not even 4*)
Deserts very poor
Pool bar service (not friendly at hotel on any bars or island and ignore u and serve others first frequently) limited staff.
Room is fine but I'd expect more of a 5* . Just pretty basic.
View was overlooking generators and partial sea.
Entertainment is poor (although the entertainment team do try their best)
Asking a few different staff same question and they all give u different answers on various occasions. (Lack of communication)
No mini bar (alcohol) in our standard room.
No room service as we have a standard room.
Trips are expensive
Spa is expensive
Hair and make up trials and on the day weren't of any good standard at all.
(I had an hour to spare on wedding day so scrubbed my face off and redone myself, luckily I'm not too bad)
Trips (boats were over loaded with ppl)
Drinks r either too strong or too weak a lot of the time and cocktails r poor (all of them).
Shop is expensive.
Photo shop is extortionate.
Flew ba from London Heathrow. Never had flew ba before but they r no better than cheaper airlines i.e. Thomson and thomas cook.
Walls r thin so can hear everything.
Room is dated in our balmoral block
Sunbeds on beach are not padded at all
Shower water pressure isn't great
Can't get drinks of any kind till 10.30am outside room.
Front desk aren't the most helpful.
Not enough poolside service
Stage set up for theatre is bad, uncomfortable and makes viewing very hard.
Informationon sheets given etc not always correct Ie bar opening times and welcome meeting etc
Power isn't great for uk female visitors who NEED to straighten their hair. I was there for ages..... sigh. May need to bring a transformer.
Our flight times don't tie in very well on way home, check out is 11am and our bus comes 8pm same day to go to airport.
9 hour wait at hotel with no room so we r gonna have a long boring wait at hotel or pay 50 dollars and hope they have a room for us.

Overall feel like I had a fab trip but the good points about the trip were way up there and the bad points were way down there. It's a hard one. Value for money is defo not good. I feel u pay the price for the name 'bahamas' and the scenery, oh and also the history.
This holiday was the most I've ever spent on a holiday and was massively discounted and I expected the creme de la creme (as our travel agent told us).
But we have had similar or better service on cheaper holidays.
Luckily had great weather this trip too!

7  Thank lauraannsayers
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hello and thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Bahamian. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not quite meet all of your expectations. We have worked so hard to provide a consistently reliable product and a tranquil experience where our guests are valued and feel relaxed. Although our resort team takes all steps to see that our guests are assisted should a concern arise during their stay and reported, we will also be sharing your comments with the executive management for further consideration as we are continuously making improvements to better our service for our guests. We are gratefully thankful that you took the time to share your concerns allowing us an opportunity to reflect on ways we can improve for you and future guests to know that you are valued and appreciated and that we genuinely care about your happiness. We only hope that you will allow us the opportunity to turn things around and regain your trust on a future visit with us as we will do our very best to see that your next stay exceeds all expectations.