I want to provide some feedback from my recent stay at Sandals Royal Bahamian.
Upon arriving, we found our room wasn't ready. As we were early, this was no problem. We tried to make reservations to the three "Reservation Only" restaurants and only received on during our 5 night stay. Absolutely ridiculous.
We were then ushered to the Royal Cafe which served us an awful lunch. The sandwiches tasted pre made, were cold, and the French fries tasted like they were from the prior day. Then, we spent 20 minutes looking for a beach or pool chair to lounge in. All were taken. Finally we found one awkwardly surrounding a Jacuzzi. Next, it took another 20 minutes to locate towels as all the towel stands were empty.
After being on the property for about 2.5 hours, our room was ready. Upon arriving to the room in the Royal Village, we noticed a musty smell from the carpets in the hall. We enter our room to find it completely outdated. The bath tub has rust stains (I have pictures). You had to jiggle the toilet handle or the bowl would continually fill. Finally one day the handle actually fell off completely and my boyfriend put it back together. During the week we participated in the towel reuse program. In the middle of our stay however, I wanted one of the towels changed. Not only did the maid not supply us with a replacement, I called housekeeping to no avail. Someone was supposed to put a new towel in our room but never came. I called the next day to make sure when the maid cleaned our room, we had two towels. I don't think that's a lot to ask for a $500+ room per night. Two towels, really? In addition, we had an extremely archaic and loud air conditioning unit. In addition to the weed whacker every morning before 8 am, sleeping in was virtually impossible.
The food at Kimono was decent at best, and all the restaurants that did not require reservations were bad bordering horrible. Breakfast at Spices was the only meal we could stomach. Also, we had lunch one day at Cafe Goombay. I ordered a salad with a side of French Fries. I only received the French Fries. The waitress apologetic and tried to see what happened in the kitchen. When my boyfriend and I stood up and to leave after he finished eating, my salad arrived. We just shook our heads, laughed, and left.
Continuing on, I booked our vacation directly through Sandals.com. When asked if we were celebrating something, I replied yes and entered my boyfriends' 30th birth date. No bottle wine in the room, no happy birthday note under the door, nothing. Why bother asking? We couldn't even get reservations at a "nice" restaurant. I also tried to make reservations at Gordon's and spend the extra money but no one would answer the reservation phone number!
I have been to plenty of other all-inclusive resorts that were unbelievably better than this Sandals for half the price. This Sandals is so far from luxury it's comical.
I am so disappointed that spent money on this resort. I will never return to a Sandals Resort and will STRONGLY advise ANYONE I know to stay far from this chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau