This was our first time at a Sandals resort, but not our first trip to Bahamas. We travelled the first weekend in April to celebrate my birthday with another couple (a four day get away from the kids and work). Resort was very clean and well kept. Did have plans to eat on the island one night but a storm kept us away and the next 2 days rough waters stopped boats from traveling to the island for day time visits. Staff as a whole were very friendly and accomodating. Tough to get reservations at any restaurant; thankfully our friends arrived 3 days before us and pre-arranged dinners for us. I agree with the other reviews on the difficulty in finding a chair at the pool or on the beach, would love to see them increase the number of the cabanas on the beach; there is no reason why there are only 3 or 4 of them for the whole resort.
My only complaint is in the food quality. Very disappointing for a 5 star resort. I fully expected to have lots of seafood to choose from at the buffet and the restaurants but no, very minimal. The best and most consistent food was found at the pizza bar (which has to tell you something). Dinner at Baccarat was good but took the better part of 3 hrs from start to finish... The food and dinner service didn't ruin the trip at all, but I wouldn't go back.
Last tip, don't pay the extra for the concierge it isn't an advantage that I could tell. Butler service seemed to only come into play if you wanted to reserve your beach cabana or lounger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau