“wonderful resort”
Review of West Wind Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
West Wind Club
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The resort was small and well kept, employees were friendly. Resort is in a good location to get around. The beach is also small but clean and private. Resort is on a week stay plan so I was there via RCI but most regulars knew each other and knew I was a visitor! The bathroom is on the second level so a few steps to climb each time you need to use the room. I was running up the steps my the end of the week instead of doing the two step, smile.

Room Tip: I beleive all the resort are equal; I was in #20 two doors from the beach, pool, club house which wa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank SadeNY

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have owned a couple of weeks at this time share property for about 7 or 8 years now. I love the fact that it's so small and intimate, but also no pressure to do anything other than what you want to do, including doing nothing if that's what you want. I feel right at home every time I go.
The apartments are small but well maintained, and would house 4 people comfortably, although the maximum is 6, that would be a squeeze.
The pool is clean and the beach small almost non existent at high tide, but that's part of the appeal for me.
Located in the popular Cable Beach area it's convenient to shops and restaurants, but is on the main number 10 bus route so you can catch the bus into Nassau very easily. or take a trip in the opposite direction.
Close to Cable beach golf club if that's your thing.

Room Tip: unit 1 is close to the road, and number 22 next to the pool, and furthest from the road. I have spe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank jlr1962
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The West Wind Club is both a timeshare and a rental. It is a rectangular ,slim property which has a small beach access. There is a club house and a pool.
The web site for the property is excellent. There is a lot of info on it. I also research this website for info. We knew going in that this is not a luxury resort. The owners are involved in the management of the resort, which is a HUGE plus in my opinion. The owners we met and talked with, love their place. All were cordial.
The place reminded me of a retro 50s motel in Florida. Really. Not as cool probably. But, the units are duplexes with older furnishings, a full kitchen, a loft for kids or a second couple, and a private patio with bar-b-cue. The grounds are nicely kept. There is only the one bathroom so plan your stay with that in mind. The TV is in the front room; not a super-sized one.
We found the housekeeping good. There is a linen exchange, and a laundry is available on site. We used the kitchen. We really enjoyed our stay, but we were looking for a quiet get-a-way and not a fancy resort experience.
We felt that the location of the resort was excellent. We had quick acces to the buses and walking access to liquor stores, several bakeries(I favored the Original Swiss Sweet Shop just across the street), a grocery, a casino, and a Starbuck's and several restaurants. Beware of sticker shock at the grocery. Food was at least a third higher than at home.
We used the bus system and walked a lot. That is what we enjoy. My husband hit two casinos and enjoyed them. Downtown was a kick. Shopping for souvenirs was fun. The water was awesome tho a bit chill for us at that time of year.
Select where you stay according to your needs and wants. This is a simple place. It met our needs and wants. We had an excellent time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank watravelinggal
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We loved our stay in Nassau, and Westwind is one of the main reasons why! Yes, it's one of the oldest resorts on the island, but that only told us that it has been successful in treating its guests well. We appreciated that it is convenient to little shops, restaurants, and groceries, and far enough away--short jitney ride--from the crowds of tourists and the busy-ness of downtown Nassau.

The resort's private area of Cable Beach is a great size and is perfect access to the beautiful waters. Along with the beach, there is also an elevated patio to lie out on that includes a hammock and palm-covered table and chairs. The pool is a perfect temperature and is clean and refreshing.

We alternated days on the beach with a few visits to the historic areas, downtown, and the local eateries. But we kept in mind that we were there primarily to relax in the Caribbean, spending most of our time on the beach. Don't expect to be entertained.

The rooms were adequate for our family and linens were clean and well-stocked. But if you only expect five-star quality, this may not be for you. Keep the age of the resort in mind; it's over 30 years, though it has been well kept up for the most part. (The refrigerator leaked, and the bed was a bit uncomfortable by the last night, but those were tolerable.) The individual cabins are orderly and clean, and we had confidence in the provided security measures--special locks, night security guard....

What was most surprising was the personable staff and friendly time-share owners who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, to show us around, and to answer all of our questions. They spent time with us, and we got to know each other and enjoy some laughs. (You won't want to miss the 4:00-6:00 crowd at the clubhouse!) Some of the staff and owners have been there since Westwind opened, so they truly know the territory.

We have traveled many places around the US and its borders, but we've never been anywhere that we felt we were saying goodbye to family when we left until Westwind.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank darnet
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Please do not get them confused..Just came back from spending 7 nights at the "Westwind Club I". This place is in need of renovations but clean. I agree with the other comments about regular members not being friendly. We got up cooked breakfast, got on the bus, headed for downtown and came back to sleep. We did not hang out there. Some people didn't even speak to you only the employees which were always very friendly like all the locals. We had a 2 bedroom. Let me explain, it's not a 2 bedroom, it's one bedroom downstairs and an open loft upstairs with 2 twin beds (no privacy) very steep stair up. Towel change Tuesdays and Thursdays, no Linen change. No vent over the stove, so when you cook,the smoke alarms keeps going off. Hard Bed.Saw RATS running across the patio and was ready to go but could not find other accomodations,so we stuck it out. Owners very nice but if you are use to a 4 or 5 Star...This place is not for you and RCI awarded this resort for 2011.. and a $85 untility charge

Room Tip: All the units look the same.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FranklinsFresno
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
0.9 km away
Sandyport Beach Resort
#2 of 36 in Nassau
7.2 km away
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to West Wind Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK