“Cockroach and Hooker Heaven!”
Review of Harbour Moon

Harbour Moon
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
Harbour Moon
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Why I stayed there was because of the price and the previous review. I am SHOCKED that it was ranked this high! On checking in, you had to press a buzzer to be let into the caged, check-in area and noticed a sign that said "no refunds". It was only $55.00 a night so I didn't care and pre-paid cash.

I was then given a key to the room and went up the stairs (after being buzzed in unlocking the gate to the upper floor levels). My room was by far the dirtiest, grimiest hell hole I've ever had the displeasure of residing. I pulled back the sheets and found the sheets full of nappy pubes and dirt. No phone, one hand towel, and no remote for the filthy 19" television.

I left the room and went into town for the day. When I got back, I buzzed to get in again, and waited a couple minutes..no response. However, I was greeted by 2 hookers outside who tried to convince me to be their girlfriend for the night - very uncomfortable. Eventually, a guy let me in and one hooker followed after me in saying she wanted to stay with me. After the hotel employee gave her a hug, I was buzzed upstairs.

When I got in the room, I went to pick up my back pack off the bed and found cockroaches on top. I killed no less than 8 cockroaches before pasing out and leaving the light on. Every night, coming back to the room was more cockroach extermination and sleeping with the light on. I kept thinking about the "no refunds" sign down stairs and thought what an idiot I was. I could go on about the cigarette burns on the end table and plugged up sink and more, but I think you have the idea.

I stayed for my 3 night duration just to remind myself that a cheap room is sometimes not a baragin at all. It ruined my trip. Stay at your own peril.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17  Thank chefshlomo
Reviewed 27 October 2006

The Harbour Moon is a "go-native" type of hotel, not really designed for beachcombing tourists or the spring break crowd. They don't advertise and most of their clientele is other Bahamians. Room cleanliness is not up to American standards but will not shock anyone who has traveled in the third world. The bedsheets and towels were clean. The door lock was cheap; don't leave valuables. Everything in my room worked (air conditioner, lights, TV, toilet, hot water) except the telephone, which I wasn't expecting anyway. The bed was old and too soft. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially if you are friendly to them. The hotel is located at the corner of Bay and Deveaux streets, in the noisy port district, with no beaches or tourist facilities nearby. (I was in Nassau for the archives, not too far away.) Prices are reasonable for Nassau -- $55-65 per night in the off-season. There is a very good Chinese restaurant (called the VIP) attached.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
12  Thank tmarkjames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
3.9 km away
8.9 km away
Sandyport Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
#3 of 36 in Nassau

Been to Harbour Moon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK