All reviewswestwind iicable beachrci exchangetennis courtsmonday night bbqunits facebedrooms and two bathroomsgreat family resortthe grillstraw marketour home away from homerelaxing weeklounge chairsbeautiful bahamasdowntown nassaubaha mar resortbit dated
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I had a very relaxing week. The grounds and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Inside the units, however, left us a little disappointed. There are some much needed renovations that need to be made. Both bathrooms had very worn, even rusted fixtures, bad patchwork throughout and broken screens. Very worn carpet on the stairs leading to the upstairs bedrooms. Wi-fi is available at a hourly/daily/weekly rate. However, they do have two computers in the office that you can use. There is one tv in the unit so we had to share. There were other owners that were there that really helped make this a warm, friendly atmosphere. Kyle, John, Lovely and everyone that worked in the office and the eating area were A+. The lifeguard, Kyle, stepped into the Activities Coordinator role. He was fabulous .. he was very attentive and made sure everyone had a good time. I don't think I'll be back at this particular hotel because I was very disappointed in the upkeep of the unit, however, I'm told there are renovations going on so maybe this will be remedied soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated unit
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Suhayla A
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We arrived and were not given the room that we were told we would receive. It was in the back, close to the employee entrance which includes a lovely giant dumpster, and often employees that like to engage in smoking, hanging out, and whatnot- right next to the bedroom windows. Additionally, it looked like some of the employees were staying at the resort, which I was confused by. they consistently offered to sell us cigars, or other things, and took up the small amount of space that was somewhat peaceful at sunset. The only positives- the pools were nice and the beach was not overloaded with people. However, the view wasn't great because we were not on the right side of the island to see the sunset.

Room Tip: Just...don't. Also- you have to pay daily for wifi if you want it, and phone calls.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This is a timeshare next to the Melia Hotel right on Cable Beach. It is walking distance to the brand new Bahamar Hotel which now has the Carribean's largest casino. Though the place is a bit dated, the people are so friendly it makes up for it. Two pools and a private beach along with units with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, which affords you the opportunity to cook some meals. A great bar with food and every type of drink with lovely servers right on site.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank gmg213
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I "stumbled upon" this hidden gem via the Redweek timeshare website.
This is a small property with fully equipped 2bedroom condos located right on beautiful Cable Beach and it is within easy access to many stores and restaurants. The property is well maintained, all units are close to one of 2 pools and it seems that most of the condos have been updated and feature great ocean views too!

As guests versus timeshare owners, we found the staff and other vacationers to be very friendly.
The Monday night BBQ with live music is a must - well worth the per person dinner charge...delicious & entertaining.
We really enjoyed the quiet & relaxing atmosphere offered at this property.

We rented a car and found the island easy to navigate via the main, well marked roads just remember to stay on the left side.

Thank you West Wind II Staff for a fabulous stay in the beautiful Bahamas ☀

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDVacations
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This is my fifth time staying at this resort. I have stayed in several different units over this time. Upstairs units and downstairs. Most of the units have been remodeled now. We travel in September and made friends with some of the owners and the atmosphere is always friendly. My daughter loves the two pools. My husband loves to go out and snorkel in the ocean. The office has always been very nice and they help us get a taxi, and reservations. They even helped us find a bakery. We use Foods2Go for groceries so that we don't have go back and forth to the grocery store. The Grill at the resort is very affordable and the food is great. The staff has always been so nice. Only issue we have ever had is beds sometimes are uncomfortable and the blankets are very dated. I noticed that in some of the reviews people complained about having to purchase water and wifi is not free if you are not a owner. Well all I can say is your on vacation who needs wifi and you are in another country I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ocean views rooms are priceless.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family