All reviewswestwind iicable beachrci exchangetennis courtsmonday night bbqunits facebedrooms and two bathroomsgreat family resortthe grillstraw marketour home away from homerelaxing weeklounge chairsbeautiful bahamasdowntown nassaubaha mar resortbit dated
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This is a timeshare next to the Melia Hotel right on Cable Beach. It is walking distance to the brand new Bahamar Hotel which now has the Carribean's largest casino. Though the place is a bit dated, the people are so friendly it makes up for it. Two pools and a private beach along with units with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, which affords you the opportunity to cook some meals. A great bar with food and every type of drink with lovely servers right on site.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank gmg213
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I "stumbled upon" this hidden gem via the Redweek timeshare website.
This is a small property with fully equipped 2bedroom condos located right on beautiful Cable Beach and it is within easy access to many stores and restaurants. The property is well maintained, all units are close to one of 2 pools and it seems that most of the condos have been updated and feature great ocean views too!

As guests versus timeshare owners, we found the staff and other vacationers to be very friendly.
The Monday night BBQ with live music is a must - well worth the per person dinner charge...delicious & entertaining.
We really enjoyed the quiet & relaxing atmosphere offered at this property.

We rented a car and found the island easy to navigate via the main, well marked roads just remember to stay on the left side.

Thank you West Wind II Staff for a fabulous stay in the beautiful Bahamas ☀

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDVacations
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This is my fifth time staying at this resort. I have stayed in several different units over this time. Upstairs units and downstairs. Most of the units have been remodeled now. We travel in September and made friends with some of the owners and the atmosphere is always friendly. My daughter loves the two pools. My husband loves to go out and snorkel in the ocean. The office has always been very nice and they help us get a taxi, and reservations. They even helped us find a bakery. We use Foods2Go for groceries so that we don't have go back and forth to the grocery store. The Grill at the resort is very affordable and the food is great. The staff has always been so nice. Only issue we have ever had is beds sometimes are uncomfortable and the blankets are very dated. I noticed that in some of the reviews people complained about having to purchase water and wifi is not free if you are not a owner. Well all I can say is your on vacation who needs wifi and you are in another country I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ocean views rooms are priceless.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank soccermom182017
Reviewed 6 February 2017

This is a great place to stay and this is our 4th time here. We really enjoy it. We stayed in a upper unit up by the ocean. The view is fantastic and you can watch the cruise ship's come and go out of port and Atlantis is easily seen. The pool's are very clean and clear. It is more windy up at the front pool and it is smaller then the one in back which is fine because the kids are in the back pool (heated). Actually I found the property to be very clean. The beach is small but beautifully kept. They do have a snack bar with great drinks and food which is pretty cheap. The condos themselves are pretty nice. Some of the unit's have been remolded and others will be soon. Our unit had everything you need for cooking. Seeing that this is a timeshare you will meet a lot of the owners. Make sure you chat with them as they have all kinds of advice on where to eat, things to see and what not to do. A small straw market is across the street and a liquor store is just outside the gates. They also have a washer and dryer on site. I'm not gonna lie, it does have a few issues that they need to work on. 1.You do have to rent beach towels (which I think is stupid) and you do have to buy a 5 gallon thing of water as the water is not safe to drink. 2. My husband is rather tall and he did not fit in the bed at all. His feet actually hung off it. The beds are not comfortable and they seriously need new blankets, pillows and beds. 3. if you want wifi you have to pay for it. With that being said you are on vacation so Facebook can wait till your stateside. Overall I would stay here again. I love this place actually but I only gave it a 4 star because the bed issues are a big deal to me.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Suzy L
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

. We ended up here because we had a spare time-share week through RCI, and it was what was available on short notice. The pluses: clean; right on the beach; two pools; decent and inexpensive on-site snack bar/grill; friendly crowd; and you can pick up the Jitney right outside the gates. Minuses: older units, relatively small beach; hit and miss service; lack of activities and food within walking distance. Overall, it was a good place to stay and it will probably be even better once the huge new resort, Baha Mar opens next year. This is not the place for young couples looking for an exciting vacation. There is not much close and virtually nothing to do after 6 p.m. there are a few sponsored activities like $22 cookout on Mondays and a $10 Wednesday night trip to Atlantis. The biggest issue we had was that there was a definite difference in how staff treated the owners vs. those trading through RCI. One example is Wi-Fi. Free for owners $60 a week for guests. It also took more than 2 hours to check in. And we were fairly certain our room was ready. The not-so-friendly lady at the desk just wouldn't go out of her way to check. We were the first there and the last to get our unit. One bright spot was Lovely, the lady usually cooking and serving at the pool snack bar. Good fried grouper and the best conch fritters we've ever had. Overall, this is probably a good place to buy a time share, a decent place to just chill, if you're looking for an escape, but not the place if you want to experience Nassau.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple