“Always a great choice in Nassau”

Montagu Gardens Steak & Grill
Ranked #23 of 331 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2018

We return to Montagu Gardens year after year. It is a great choice if staying at Atlantis. You can get a far better meal than at any Atlantis restaurant for a fraction of the cost. Best yet is free, friendly transportation to and from your hotel directly to the restaurant by Oscar. We always have one of our favorite vacation meals at Montagu Gardens for less than half of what we would spend for a less superior meal at Atlantis or Paradise Island.

1  Thank LoverofGreatFood

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Frequent here with friends and typically order the same things—they have great chicken and grouper fingers with hot crispy fries. They do have the BEST garlic bread on the island—I could make a meal out of a basket of it alone. But today was disappointing on two counts. My gal pal ordered salad with grilled grouper—the grouper initially came out fried so she sent it back. When it came back out it didn’t look like grouper at all—it looked suspiciously like tilapia. When we asked our server she said it was grouper flanks...never heard that one before. Lol. My friend took two bites and left the rest without comment. My chicken salad was more like mayonnaise with lumps. Totally not what I would expect and really just disgusting. If it were my first visit I would not return. But I know they can do better.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Great meal at a great price
Bahamian lobster tail and lobster bisque to die for. Excellent service. Highly recommended
Don’t miss it when in Nassau

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Oscar the driver is amazing ! We love that you can get picked up ! Makes
It a lot easier to go ! The garlic bread is amazing , we eat 2 baskets of it ! Great Miss pie also ! Really
Good local food with great staff !

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I'm sorry to disappoint the readers but I can't really share the enthusiast reviews I've read on TripAdvisor (it was one of the reasons for our dinner there, that I regret) about this place. It could be a nice outdoor dining experience but the garden is reserved for events and the interior of the Restaurant is just "terrible". Food is barely decent, like a Red Lobster but with Nassau's prices, wine list does not exist and service is just... how can I say? Lazy?? Maybe with time we got a little too pampered and demanding but I can still recognize a good restaurant when I dine in one and this is not the case. We had Grouper, that should be the best in Bahamas and it was just miserable and then Lobster, taking advantage of the Lobster Fest, it was dry and tasteless. The only really good thing was the toasted garlic bread. Don't fall for the free transportation, just look around and you'll find better alternatives at walking distance or with a 15 USD cab drive and you won't regret it.

1  Thank Ccavaz67