Dolphin Close Encounter - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Wow!

We were picked up from the Paradise Island pier and ferried out to the Blue Lagoon Island. The... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2016
Sharon F
Alexandria, United States
Life changing experience and very informative.

I loved every minute of it and being close and personal with the dolphins. We could only do the... read more

Reviewed 15 July 2015
Tonya W
North Houston, Texas

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2015 via mobile

We just returned from Blue Lagoon and had a great time. We did the dolphin swim with Zoe, Princess, Abaco, and baby Louie. It was well worth it. The food vouchers we got supplied us with a ton of food. We found a nice shady place on the beach and just relaxed for the rest of our day.

Reviewed 5 March 2015

I was on my mid semester break, marking was all done and I wanted to indulge in some R & R. What would I do without leaving home? Well I found the perfect adventure. I had received an blast promoting a resident's discount for the Dolphin Close Encounters on Blue Lagoon Island and thought…..I'd try something new. So on Friday, February 27, 2015 I did just that. I sailed to Blue Lagoon Island on a catamaran courtesy of Dolphin encounters, and played with the dolphins!

I live in paradise, so I am accustomed to the beautiful waters. I did enjoy the quiet time away from the noise and rush of the city as I dozed in a hammock under the shade of majestic coconut palms. There was food and beverages for purchase, but I never bothered since I had packed bottled water and fruit for my 3 hour jaunt.

The staff were very courteous and helpful, especially Pete one of the catamaran captains. Shawn (the dolphin) my newest friend along with his trainer Marvin were fantastic. I was excited, and never thought it would be sooooo enjoyable. I petted, kissed, hugged and danced with Shawn during my 30 minute program (inclusive of orientation: dolphin facts). I even felt Shawn's teeth, though with some trepidation. I must admit while I am not a pet fan, I can manage a dolphin any day!!

Get your hat, sunscreen, flip flops and an attitude of fun and make your way to Dolphin Close Encounters, Blue Lagoon Island. What a great way to get away from home while remaining at home!

Reviewed 12 October 2014

Just came back from Bahamas, seen the dolphins. It was my first time so I didn't know what to expect . Thought it was interesting . Wish we could of spent more time in the water with the animal. But I think it's worth it. Next time I'll try actually swimming with them instead of just petting them.

1  Thank Pocahontasdoll3
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My kids did this and my husband and I were observers
which is a fee of $45 each (just to watch them)!!!! You have to take a 30 min ride to & from the place while in port at Nassau. The kids had so much fun. The cute dolphins were like kids themselves. I was wishing I had did the excursion myself. The staff were so friendly and very helpful. It's about a 4 hr deal so allow that when deciding your excursions . We were on Royal Caribbean majesty of the seas.

1  Thank thharrsfam
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My BF and I did the Dolphin Swim at Blue Lagoon and we're wowed by these beautiful creatures.
I had done a similar program a few years back in Florida, but this one was in the open and on a beautiful private island. The dolphins were fun, friendly and smart. We couldn't stop smiling the whole time we were there.
We got to kiss, pet, dance and "swim" with our dolphin - who was joined by her baby for part of the program which was a treat.

The island itself it very pretty. A little built up for my liking, but you could walk to the back of the island or over the bridge to find gorgreous views away from the crowds.

Cruise ships deposit 100's of day trippers every day. So go early in the am and get settled in before they come. or find your own bit of paradise.

Good Bar, decent food and terrific and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to make your day enjoyable.

1  Thank Emma C