“Still excellent”

Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Local neighborhood sports bar and restaurant that offers fresh burgers, ribs, fish wings and fries. Daily specials ..Live music and dance nights..Call for more info
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

David's bbq ribs are the ONLY ribs I will eat. I still am not a fan of bbq, but I just LOVE these that David cooks up. And the key lime pie is to die for! Now that his restaurant will be closing, we will miss the ambience of Driftwood Davids in the Lumber Yard. Good Luck, David on your new venture. Hope we see you next year on our return trip.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Dave is AWESOME! We have been here every year for many years - the food is plentiful, the view is awesome, and Dave is a fantastic host. Great place to stop in after a long day of doing nothing on the beach...

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My husband & I were last here 12/2016 and had so much fun @ Driftwood Dave's place celebrating the upcoming holidays with some of his regulars!
We ALWAYS end up going here 2-3 times before we leave & each visit is always filled with enjoying delicious food personally cooked by Dave, topping it off with the perfect Painkiller, hilarious entertainment (like a blowing the conch shell out the window contest) & of course, picking at Dave is great fun, too!

7/2016 - we visited Dave's place back in 7/2016 when my daughter chose this spot as our dinner for the evening. Dave greeted us & wanted to know where we were from. He liked it that we were from N.C. since he was from Elizabethton himself.
With his warm & friendly southern hospitality he served us some of the best Corvina fish sandwiches, pulled-pork, ribs, nuggets, beers & Painkillers, of course.
For dessert, the Key Lime Pie Dave made...WAS TO DIE FOR!!
We had such a fun time on this visit, my grandson said he would be celebrating his birthday the next night and it was his choice to come back to Dave's for another visit.

THE NEXT NIGHT: We had an Hawaiian Luau party at our villa for our grandson prior to dinner at Dave's. We put on our Hawaiian shirts, wigs, leis and took great photos!
When we arrived @ Dave's, he wanted to know where his lei was? I told him I had an extra one @ the villa & would bring it by. I took it by a couple of days later & he loved it. We were also celebrating the fact that our daughter & her boyfriend got engaged on Maho Beach that same day!
We had the most fun joking and laughing with Dave, his served up another great meal of Corvina fish sandwiches, fries, slaw, more beers, more Painkillers, & more Key Lime Pie. We got some free t-shirts from Dave that night...wow, thanks!

Oh, by the way Dave, I think I need a couple of new t-shirts since I have been wearing them out working out in my yard at home every day, giving you plenty of free advertisement wearing them on our recent cruises, or to racing events, ball games, etc.

Driftwood Dave's is located in the Lumberyard, which is a small shopping & dining complex. Parking is upstairs in the back. If you really want to enjoy a very reasonably priced meal, excellent drinks & cheap beers, fun, laughter and you can stand being picked on by Dave....THIS IS YOUR PLACE! That is why I did not want to do this review! Driftwood David's has become our #1 fun, favorite place on St. John!

When we visited in 12/2016 we stopped by Cimmaron St John's office to get our boarding passes printed out and since it was still very early and we had plans to go somewhere else for dinner, so we thought we would stop in Dave's for happy hour.
Well...one drink turned into another and then we decided on dinner, then here comes Dave with the jokes and picking at you...he tried to put a plastic bag over one ladies head! Next, came the conch-shell blowing contest & I don't know when I have laughed so hard and so much. Someone bought a new round of drinks after the contest and when we were leaving, everyone was wishing each other happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year! We are still talking today about the fun we had here that night!

We simply can't wait to get back to St. John for another visit and this will definitely be the first place that we stop for drinks, his delicious fish sandwiches and great fun, for sure!
Thanks always, Dave!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My husband and I shared the fish and chips. If you grab the table on the outside you have a decent view of the National Park dock. The server who waited on us was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. The fish was light and the batter wasn't too heavy or fried tasting. Good lunch.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Yummy! It's a small, unassuming place located in the Lumberyard (not a hardware store, but the name of a shopping/dining complex). Just 2 tables facing the water of Cruz Bay and one hard working man making delicious food. It was so good that we not only went for lunch, but dinner too the same day. Elizabeth was our server for dinner and she had a warm and sparkling personality. The food ... delicious. It was $5 Burger Friday - my husband and daughter ordered those and loved them. My son got the delicious ribs. And I had the wonderful pulled pork sandwich! Why would you get BBQ on an island? Because it's that good. Great flavor, moist, not doused in BBQ sauce... perfect. On a soft bioche bun with a touch of cole slaw and pickle slices. My mouth waters just thinking about it. And then to top it off was his delicious homemade key lime pie. Small and casual with a water view and amazing food. You won't want to miss this!

1  Thank 2-an-island-lady