All reviews yummy restaurants bring bug spray short walk st john car ferry beautiful island gallows point dolphina amour leslie azul isle bugs veranda doused paradise unit
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My husband and I spent a month at Aqua Bay Villas in St. John. Dolphina is outstanding as a unit. This was our second trip to St. John and Aqua Bay. The unit is so very relaxing after a day out on the island. The bed is very comfortable. What is so great is that you can walk to Cruz Bay easily as well as Frank Bay for beautiful sunsets. If you want a glass of wine or dinner, Gallows point is also merely a five minute walk. There is always parking at the very nearby apt complex, so it is easy to get in and out for those day trips to the beach. As for the bugs, it is an island so there are mosquitoes. And I see it as our responsibility to bring bug spray and sun block. And you do have to douse yourself every day. We found that this is a small inconvenience to be at such a beautiful island. While we were there, a friend of ours visited for a few days who said this was the ultimate and she had just been to Costa Rica. Both Leslie,the owner and Dena, the manager are great. Ask and ye shall receive. The pool is also a nice extra. My husband used it at least once a day. We also entertained the local park ranger who is a friend of ours and his family who live on the island who were so very impressed with the veranda. We will be back.
Kathy , Central Louisiana

Room tip: Dolphina is the best unit.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed at the L' Isle Amour suite at Aqua Bay Villas over Easter break. The location is outstanding... a 10 minute to Cruz Bay. Once on the property you feel as though you have been dropped into a tropical oasis. Surrounded by palm and other tropical trees... gorgeous. The view from the master bedroom overlooks the Caribbean! The suite is perfect for a couple. Kitchen has everything you need to prepare a meal or just mix up a frozen drink in the blender. The pool is refreshing on a hot day... or to lounge around with a drink in the evening. Highly recommend Aqua Bay Villas!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mygreensoul
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Once again I have not been disappointed with our visit to Aqua Bay Villas. My wife and I have been so fortunate to be able to spend 6 weeks her on this Paradise Island and stay in this Villa that is not only walking distance to all the action of Cruz Bay, but just far enough away to enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets from our deck and peace and quiet if you decide to skip the beach and sit by the pool or cook steaks or burgers on your own personal grill on your deck. For six years we have enjoyed our anniversary at Aqua Bay Villas and dining in one of the nice restaurants in Cruz Bay. I'm 73 and find the short walk to Cruz Bay my daily healthy exercise.
Dena the property manager picks us up at the ferry and takes us to the local market to get what we need. She responds quickly to any issues, which are seldom, that you have. Patrice the housekeeper is more than accommodating and the property owners Leslie and Toby can not do enough to make your stay most comfortable. We have already booked our anniversary stay for next year and come the end of our summer on Cape Cod we start planning our next venture to Paradise.
Thank you Leslie and Toby for your hospitality.
Michael and Penny

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I have stayed at Aqua Bay Villas for the past three years and have stayed in the villa A' la Plage. It's a wonderful clean space with a comfortable King bed, and there is a futon for a third person, which I have also slept on as well. Leslie the owner, is very particular with linens for the beds as well as fresh new towels every year. This detail is noticed, since I am very particular regarding linens in my home when I have guests.
The kitchen in A'la Plage is equipped for cooking and there is a grill for guests as well.
There is three sitting areas in A'la Plage, one which futon and TV is located, a separate joined room with comfortable chairs off the bedroom, with large dresser, and a large deck with hammock, white wicker furniture, and eating table for Alfresco dining...there is a small view to the ocean as well.
The deck has stairs that leads you to the pool area with lounge chairs, and a Gazebo.
The beautiful plantings of banana trees, and fauna makes the whole space so tropical.
A 'la Plage does not have an abundant of light inside, but my time is spent outside all day at the beautiful beaches, hiking, exploring, snorkleing, chartering a boat trip, and eating in the many variety of diversified restaurants. St John has something for everyone.
Aqua Bay is situated in Cruz Bay, so that walking into town is very convenient, not worth taking your car rental and trying to find parking.
If you ever need anything Deana on island property manager is right on it, and Leslie is just a text or phone call away...(even though Leslie is off island)
I thank Leslie and Toby for making Aqua Bay a great vacation stay on St. John these past three years, with more to come.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank islandgirl188
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

This was my third stay in Aqua Bay Villas (my longest at 10 days…next year 14 hopefully). I have stayed in two of the four units, L' Isle Amour and Dolphina. Both were wonderful in every way and feel like home away from home. There have been many improvements over the last few years and the Wi-fi worked great for the entire vacation this year.
I could go on and on about how great the on island manager Dena is, and how the units are provisioned and how the owners are super kind and responsive, but most of the reviews have already made that quite clear.
I think I would say that the place is very special and creates a feeling of peace and harmony to the occupants. I haven’t slept this great in months.
The short walk into town is extremely enjoyable either day or night and I found myself doing it several times each day. Our days consisted of snorkeling and swimming either at Frank Bay 0r Salomon and Honeymoon Bay which we would hike to via the Lind Point Trail. Other days we would either take the $1 Vitran Bus (from the Ferry Terminal) to Salt Pond or Coral Bay or the regular taxis to the Northshore beaches. When we rented a car we went out to Sloop Jones Art studio and purchased a beautiful scarf. And once out on the east end we went to Hansen Beach where on Sunday they had a nice bbq and beach bar (along with good snorkeling).
The days went on like this. It is an easy life at Aqua Bay. Swims in the pool, lunch bbq on the deck, hikes, bird and iguana watching, happy hours at Joe's Rum hut, the Beach Bar and High Tide, etc. Everything I love about St. John.
So, I highly recommend Aqua Bay Villas. Besides being a wonderful place, I think it is one of the best valued villas in the Frank Bay area. Thanks Leslie and Theo again for a great vacation stay!

Date of stay: January 2017