All reviews tropical trees yummy restaurants bring bug spray master bedroom st john car ferry beautiful island walking distance gallows point dolphina amour leslie azul isle bugs veranda doused
Reviewed 26 April 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed at the L' Isle Amour suite at Aqua Bay Villas over Easter break. The location is outstanding... a 10 minute to Cruz Bay. Once on the property you feel as though you have been dropped into a tropical oasis. Surrounded by palm and other tropical trees... gorgeous. The view from the master bedroom overlooks the Caribbean! The suite is perfect for a couple. Kitchen has everything you need to prepare a meal or just mix up a frozen drink in the blender. The pool is refreshing on a hot day... or to lounge around with a drink in the evening. Highly recommend Aqua Bay Villas!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mygreensoul
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Once again I have not been disappointed with our visit to Aqua Bay Villas. My wife and I have been so fortunate to be able to spend 6 weeks her on this Paradise Island and stay in this Villa that is not only walking distance to all the action of Cruz Bay, but just far enough away to enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets from our deck and peace and quiet if you decide to skip the beach and sit by the pool or cook steaks or burgers on your own personal grill on your deck. For six years we have enjoyed our anniversary at Aqua Bay Villas and dining in one of the nice restaurants in Cruz Bay. I'm 73 and find the short walk to Cruz Bay my daily healthy exercise.
Dena the property manager picks us up at the ferry and takes us to the local market to get what we need. She responds quickly to any issues, which are seldom, that you have. Patrice the housekeeper is more than accommodating and the property owners Leslie and Toby can not do enough to make your stay most comfortable. We have already booked our anniversary stay for next year and come the end of our summer on Cape Cod we start planning our next venture to Paradise.
Thank you Leslie and Toby for your hospitality.
Michael and Penny

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I have stayed at Aqua Bay Villas for the past three years and have stayed in the villa A' la Plage. It's a wonderful clean space with a comfortable King bed, and there is a futon for a third person, which I have also slept on as well. Leslie the owner, is very particular with linens for the beds as well as fresh new towels every year. This detail is noticed, since I am very particular regarding linens in my home when I have guests.
The kitchen in A'la Plage is equipped for cooking and there is a grill for guests as well.
There is three sitting areas in A'la Plage, one which futon and TV is located, a separate joined room with comfortable chairs off the bedroom, with large dresser, and a large deck with hammock, white wicker furniture, and eating table for Alfresco dining...there is a small view to the ocean as well.
The deck has stairs that leads you to the pool area with lounge chairs, and a Gazebo.
The beautiful plantings of banana trees, and fauna makes the whole space so tropical.
A 'la Plage does not have an abundant of light inside, but my time is spent outside all day at the beautiful beaches, hiking, exploring, snorkleing, chartering a boat trip, and eating in the many variety of diversified restaurants. St John has something for everyone.
Aqua Bay is situated in Cruz Bay, so that walking into town is very convenient, not worth taking your car rental and trying to find parking.
If you ever need anything Deana on island property manager is right on it, and Leslie is just a text or phone call away...(even though Leslie is off island)
I thank Leslie and Toby for making Aqua Bay a great vacation stay on St. John these past three years, with more to come.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank islandgirl188
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

This was my third stay in Aqua Bay Villas (my longest at 10 days…next year 14 hopefully). I have stayed in two of the four units, L' Isle Amour and Dolphina. Both were wonderful in every way and feel like home away from home. There have been many improvements over the last few years and the Wi-fi worked great for the entire vacation this year.
I could go on and on about how great the on island manager Dena is, and how the units are provisioned and how the owners are super kind and responsive, but most of the reviews have already made that quite clear.
I think I would say that the place is very special and creates a feeling of peace and harmony to the occupants. I haven’t slept this great in months.
The short walk into town is extremely enjoyable either day or night and I found myself doing it several times each day. Our days consisted of snorkeling and swimming either at Frank Bay 0r Salomon and Honeymoon Bay which we would hike to via the Lind Point Trail. Other days we would either take the $1 Vitran Bus (from the Ferry Terminal) to Salt Pond or Coral Bay or the regular taxis to the Northshore beaches. When we rented a car we went out to Sloop Jones Art studio and purchased a beautiful scarf. And once out on the east end we went to Hansen Beach where on Sunday they had a nice bbq and beach bar (along with good snorkeling).
The days went on like this. It is an easy life at Aqua Bay. Swims in the pool, lunch bbq on the deck, hikes, bird and iguana watching, happy hours at Joe's Rum hut, the Beach Bar and High Tide, etc. Everything I love about St. John.
So, I highly recommend Aqua Bay Villas. Besides being a wonderful place, I think it is one of the best valued villas in the Frank Bay area. Thanks Leslie and Theo again for a great vacation stay!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank debf52
Reviewed 11 January 2017

This is the third time my husband, our 17 year old son and I have stayed at Aquabay Villas. We stay in Azul la Mer. It is one of the lower level units. We have never been anything but completely satisfied with our stay here! The owners, Toby and Leslie are simply wonderful people! They are very attentive and genuinely want to make sure that your stay is nothing short of perfect! (The toaster quit working and Toby had us a new one immediately) Right from the very start they were super responsive to our emails and any questions or concerns we had!
The location of the villa can't be beat! So easy to walk into town and yet secluded down a private and quiet lane. We felt very safe walking back to the unit any time of day! Yes, it's uphill both ways, but completely manageable.
As some reviews have mentioned, there is not a lot of natural light in this unit, a bit dark. But who wants to be inside when your on St. John! Besides you can easily step outside to your own covered deck with an awesome swinging hammock! I had my coffee out there every morning with a good book! You can also go down by the pool, they have awesome lounging chairs and a really cute gazebo stocked with good reads! The pool area is very private with beautiful, natural landscaping!
This is not a luxury unit, but it also doesn't come with a luxurious price! Azul la Mer is a charming unit to come 'home' to after a full day of snorkeling and hiking! It had all the amenities we needed- a fully equipped kitchen with a large refrigerator (we have cooked dinner there, but much rather enjoy the variety of restuarants you can walk to), air conditioner in the bedroom, TV (although we never turned it on, had stars to gaze at and the sounds of nature to listen to!), Wi-Fi, a great shower, comfortable beds and more! It also smelled wonderful the moment you walked through the door!
If you are looking for a private, low key, casual, convenient, clean and comfortable place to call home while you are in St. John, I can't imagine how you could be disappointed here! We will be back for sure!
Thanks Toby and Leslie!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori C
stjaquabay, Owner at Aqua Bay Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We really appreciate the thought and time that you took to write it. We love seeing you and your family every year and we are so happy that you enjoy Azul la Mer as well!

The villa's location is one of the reasons it is so popular; close proximity to Cruz Bay and yet located in a quiet, charming neighborhood. It is so nice to be able to walk to town, especially during high season when parking becomes quite precious. I agree with you, although there is a fully equipped kitchen, we love to have dinner in one of the excellent restaurants within walking distance to Cruz Bay. Walking back and forth to the villa from town and viewing the sunset and constellations over Frank Bay is a favorite way to end the evening.

The pool suites do not have as many windows and the high ceilings that the upper villa suites do and as you noted, the verandas are so relaxing and just steps away from the pool and the gazebo full of good books! We will let our housekeepers know that you appreciate their hard work too!

I think the most rewarding and special aspect of the villa are our wonderful guests that return year after year, such as the three of you! We appreciate you and are so happy that we get to spend a little time with you each year, thank you very much!