“Best hash I have ever had!”
Review of Jake's - CLOSED

Jake's
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Serving up the best breakfast on St. John! Entire menu served all day.
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Great diner. A real find. All of the food, but especially the hash is excellent. The homemade jams are delicious. I want to buy it when they are ready to sell...

Reviewed 25 July 2015

After leaving Trunk Bay, we wanted to have some good breakfast. I'd read about this place online, so we decided to check it out. As with everything on St John, there's no address so I wondered how to find it. I called, and the lady said look for the lumberyard. Ok.. Where's that? So I started driving and we ended up finding it. It's very close to the circle in town, on your way towards the northern beaches. The restaurant is on the second floor.

The place was casual, "Caribbean" as I like to say. The servers were friendly, and we ordered some water (get bottled, trust me) and juice. My wife got the two eggs any style with all the sides, which she shared with the little guy, and I got the egg cheese sandwich, with bacon. Both were very good, and we left feeling full. Bill with tip was around $30, so another decent find for your wallet. Definitely check this place out!

Reviewed 23 July 2015

One of the cheaper restaurants on the island. St John food is outrageously expensive! Had the tuna salad for lunch on a few days and was very happy with the quality and portion size.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

Claims to be the best breakfast in town. I agree, the breakfast was pretty good. It is right near the traffic circle. Service was friendly but slow ( which was typical for most of the restaurants on the island) I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

We got omelettes and 2 of us got the fried potatoes and one the toast with homemade jelly. The potatoes were the best I've ever had - skillet fried potatoes. The home jelly was good by my daughter was disappointed she didn't get the potatoes because they were so good and different from any place were have been.