US$ 293
US$ 235
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)(Great Value!)
US$ 353
TripAdvisor
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
US$ 586
US$ 303
Hotels.com
US$ 359
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 449
US$ 179
  • Pool
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 170
  • Pool
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 444
US$ 348
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsshuttle servicesugar beachcoki beachfree shuttleamazing viewsrum punchakers ellisnature trailshoreline restaurantmiddle poolst thomaslower poolwrap around balconybar grillgolf cartprivate beachour honeymoon
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Stayed at Point Pleasant Nov 1-5 for 25th anniversary. Point Pleasant is a quiet resort away from Charlotte Amalie and cruise ships. Staff was friendly and helpful, felt like family. When we arrived at our room the Point Pleasant staff had left us a note congratulating us on our 25th anniversary, Champagne and rose petals on the bed. Stayed in unit B3. Views are stunning! Room is clean and comfortable. Bathroom could us an update. Be prepared to walk up and down steep hills at Point Pleasant, as it is built into hillside. There is no beach to speak of. However, there are several beaches nearby that PP will take you to. Bring a soft cooler, your Yeti and pack for a beach day… your good to go. Would I return to Point Pleasant, YES.

Room Tip: top floor has best views.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon and chose Point Pleasant based on the reviews here. Taxis at the airport brought us to the resort for $12 per person and it only took 20-25 minutes. The wonderful front desk staff greeted us with a warm welcome to include rum punch. They also gave us a folder with everything available around the resort. They offer a ride that will take you from the lobby to your room but be sure to tip the driver. We made the mistake of not tipping the driver and got a less welcoming attitude the next morning.

We stayed in room B27 which was spacious and pretty nice. It had a beautiful view from the porch which we enjoyed almost every night. The staff left rose petals from the door to the bedroom with a little note on the pillow congratulating us on our wedding. They also gave us a bottle of Cruzan rum in the fridge as a little kick off to the week. This was a thoughtful touch. The bathroom was not as clean as we expected it to be but the rest of the room was clean. They offered little soap samples for the bathroom sink and in the shower, but there was no shampoo or conditioner. There were plenty of towels for us to use throughout the week, although you can request more if needed. The kitchen was a great asset. We went to Red Hook and bought groceries so we didn't have to eat out for every meal - mostly breakfast. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook/eat with including a sponge, dish soap, and a kitchen towel for clean up afterwards.

The resort itself was a little disappointing. You have to walk up or down stairs to go anywhere since it's built into a hill. Sugar Beach was not much of a beach. The beds were submerged in the water and there were rocks all around so it wasn't really somewhere to go swimming. The good news is that the beach in front of Margaritaville is within walking distance, as is Coki Beach. Coki Beach is beautiful so we recommend going to that one instead. There is no real restaurant at the resort either. The Shoreline Bar & Grill felt more like a bar on the water that serves food. The prices were higher than Margaritaville so we ate there a lot instead. Margaritaville was great because they had the restaurant, a bar, and a band almost every night so we frequented there every day at some point.

The resort is a short 5-minute drive to Red Hook which has some restaurants and night-life. We ate at Molly Malone's and Duffy's - definitely recommend Duffy's! Again, be sure to tip your drivers when you take the complementary shuttle to Red Hook. We took the ferry from Red Hook to St. Johns. St. John's was a lot of fun - I think it was $7 per person/per trip so $28 total trip (worth it!).

There is not much else on the East side of the island so you have to be prepared to shell out some cash to take a taxi to the other areas on the island. We went to Charlotte Amalie one day where there was a lot of shopping and restaurants - just be prepared to be bombarded by people trying to get you to go into their jewelry stores! We bought some liquor there to take back with us - if you drink rum, buy it on the island and check it on the plane for free! Definitely worth the savings since it's cheaper, duty-free, and you don't have to pay to check it back to the states.

Finally, there are taxis that will take you back to the airport on your way out, but check the prices before you go. We felt we got scammed by the driver who took us on our way out. He charged more than the taxis that brought us to the resort and charged us for our bags. Also, they tell you to arrive to the airport three hours early so be prepared to sit around the airport for a while.

Overall we had a great time on our honeymoon but just keep in mind that:
1. You will need to spend money on travel around the island, even with the complementary trips as you'll most likely want to tip the drivers
2. You will spend a lot of money on food - even though getting groceries for breakfast and some dinners was cheaper than eating out, groceries are still much more expensive than in the states
3. You might need to go off resort to enjoy the beach, nightlife, or even to eat out

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank eleathers3
Reviewed 3 November 2016

I've stayed at Point Pleasant a number of times since our first visit in about 1984. During those 30+ years, the property has been maintained very well and our visit in May of 2016 didn't leave us disappointed. The property is set on a steep hillside overlooking PIneapple Beach at the Redhook end of the island. Once you leave the crowds of Charlotte Amalie behind, you will pass through some of the less affluent parts of the island before coming to the guard shack for Point Pleasant. There are units all the way from the top of the hill/mountain down to the waterside, with three pools available for guests. The front desk staff are friendly and Caribbean-efficient. I gather that at least some of the units are privately owned and maintained so I can't speak for all of them, but the outside of all the buildings are well cared for and the unit we stayed in was clean and everything worked as is was supposed to. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but who really goes to the Caribbean for the Ritz? The units all have great views of the bay and of the newly remodeled Margaritaville resort on the beach.

The small open air restaurant on the water, below the bottom pool, has been renamed from Fungi's. Every staff member I met there was happy, pleasant, and efficient. We enjoyed one lunch, one dinner, and three breakfasts there and all were very good. Prices are what you'd expect to pay anywhere else on the island. I understand this is the only restaurant on St. Thomas that is actually on the water. It's worth the drive out from other parts of the island just for the later afternoon/early evening ambiance.

The resort is located very close to Redhook, which is a small community very separate from Charlotte Amalie. There are very few cruise ship passengers clogging up the area there, and it's also the site of the car and passenger ferry to St. John. It's an easy day trip to see Trunk Bay and very worth the small fare. If you have a rental car, jam as many people in it as it'll hold for one fare per car, about $12.

Are there nicer places on St. Thomas? Sure, a couple. Are there less good places? Absolutely. If you want the quiet side of the island with access to the busy shopping area downtown, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Most/all rooms are in separate two floor buildings and all have a good view of the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Pt Pleasant was exactly how it looks online. It was beautiful and well maintained. The staff were super friendly and willing to help with anything you might need. We stayed towards the end of off season, which was exactly what we wanted ~ It was quiet, low key and relaxing. The little beach on property called Sugar Beach was absolutely gorgeous!! It is VERY small but enough for 3 cabana beds with umbrellas right on the beach/in the water. We were the only ones on the beach the whole weekend. It is not a hoity toity resort, but the staff, amenities and price were exactly what we were looking for. If I had to say anything negative, it would be the prices on the food at Shoreline Bar & Grill. They were on the expensive side (compared to Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville next door - whose portions were huge), the amount of food didn't match up to the prices (3 shrimp for $13?) and they were often out of food (bacon, hash browns, wheat bread). And one time, I ordered the french toast and only got 3 half slices (where did my other half go?? - others were served with 4 half slices). But, that was our only complaint. The staff truly rocked, and we will definitely stay again, we just may hit the grocery store first for some munchies to stock the fridge.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose building 11 or 12,if you're a light sleeper as you could hear the music from the pool and Margaritaville
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The staff at Point Pleasant Resort is simply amazing and the property is gorgeous!! This resort has a lot to offer. It’s a great place to unwind and relax. From this amazing staff, Vincia, Mr. Willy, and Anthony were specially kind, accommodating, and made my week stay 10 times better.
I took the 1st week of October 2016 off to rest recuperate and reflect! This also happens to be my birthday week, so you can imagine I was excited and looking forward to spending my birthday on this beautiful island. I landed in St. Thomas and arrived at Point Pleasant Resort on Sunday afternoon. I was immediately greeted by the team at the lobby with a yummy rum punch and a beautiful birthday card accompanied with a bottle of coconut rum (my favorite). I was so impressed by how personalized the welcome was. I stayed in unit D18. The room was gorgeous, more than what I expected, and the view was simply magnificent! From the bedroom, to the bathroom, kitchen, and living area, everything was so neat. I really appreciated and made full use of the kitchen. Meditating in the morning, eating breakfast, sipping on my MontaVida Coffee, reading, and relaxing on the balcony with the view was simply priceless. Walking around the hilly property was a great workout for me and I got to appreciate more of the view from different angles. Sugar beach and the nature trail were some of my favorites. Vincia is exceptional and took great care of me. She made sure I had everything I needed during my stay, a shuttle to my various destinations, pointing out the best spots to visit on the island and activities to do, and where to find the best food!
Overall I was very pleased with my week stay at this resort. I recommend it to everyone and would certainly come back!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Hmetangmo
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review for us. Anthony, Willy and Vincia are very grateful for the recognition and we are proud to call them our teammates.

We hope you come back soon!