All reviewspoint resortactivities directorupper poola great vacationbeautiful viewlaid backloriislandstovecruise
Reviewed 24 May 2017

This resort is quite charming, while it's not the Ritz or the Marriott, it's extremely comfortable, the rooms are great, and it's truly about the staff that makes your stay memorable. They are very accommodating and do what they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The grounds and pool areas are kept up very nice and you can't beat the location to Magens Bay..... There's a great convenience store called The Cup and Cork for all your incidentals and there's a great restaurant called Three Sheets, where the food is quite good and the wait staff very friendly. This is an older property but it's clean, basic and we really enjoyed it. I can be a picky 5 start hotel person when I want to be, and I don't expect every hotel/resort to be a 5 start hotel, when I want that I will book that, but what makes this place is the people.... Should you need it, there's a self service laundry, (although I didn't use it). There's a small gaming room/slot machines down stairs if you like that, and there's a nice new gym. (I didn't use it and I am not sure of the cost associated but it was very nice). Anyway, we really enjoyed it and it's laid back casual atmosphere....it's a nice change from a busy big hotel/resort. Small and charming. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I've been in a few types of rooms and or have seen a few different rooms, they each have their own uniqueness.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Seaguy48
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The Flamboyan Resort is a real nice place to stay, I'm on my third day now and having a great time with a beautiful view of the Magen's Bay
The staff is great and the restaurant and bar" Three Sheets" very good. Logan the bartender and Jen the waitress just awesome people....you will have a good time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017

My first impression of the room was that it was dated & not comfortable. It was clean but you can't do much with old furniture. While this continued to remain true (the bathroom was upgraded, the kitchen was so small with a bar sink) The grounds, amenities, restaurant and staff won me over. The food was delish & good size portions. The wine list was a surprise, the waiters were great! The activities director, Lucy, was the best & made our stay very enjoyable. The grounds were immaculately tended, pools & jacuzzi's very clean an inviting. The location to Magen's bay was a plus & the cute cats all around made it fun!

Room Tip: I did not like the room, staff told me they were all the same!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judi E
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Beware, don't buy here. We bought at a so-called discount with a maintenance fee of $641 a week. Third year it went to $741. Forth year $841 plus a special fee of $875. That's more then we paid staying at a top rated hotel on St. Johns last year.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg R R
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We returned to STT and Flamboyan (aka Magen's Point Resort / MPR) in March for our annual visit. (Full disclosure - we are interval villa owners).

As usual, we found the resort to be clean, laid back and as we've mentioned before - like our 2nd home. The staff welcomed us and our room was ready. In the unit we found new linens (new bedspreads and sheets are great - but nothing feels better than new, fluffy towels). We did find that our bathroom was missing its window blinds but this was not an issue and we understand they will be replaced soon.

We met some new folks to the resort and gave them the usual advice - rent a car, driving is not impossible and can actually be fun, go to the "bulk" grocery stores for the best buys and of course, recommendations on restaurants and bars. And be sure to head down to Magens Bay beach for breakfast. Go early, order your food, get a seat on the deck and wait for the cruise ship folks to pour in - it's one of the cheapest and most entertaining shows on the island.

Flamboyan / MPR continues to improve the resort and for those not familiar with island "issues" or more to the point - how things progress in the caribbean, this can be more challenging than you can imagine. Nothing is cheap or happens as fast as the owners or visitors want but that's part of "island time". Please accept that this is not the Waldorf Astoria, take a deep breath, be respectful, enjoy the view and beverage/ cocktail and kick back. Nothing will be perfect today and tomorrow looks doubtful. If you accept "island time", your trip will be much better. Our borrowed slogan is "Be a traveler - not a tourist".

We hope you enjoy Flamboyan / MPR as much as we do. We've been coming back since '91 and look forward to our visit each year.

Many THANKS to Lori, Viola, Mercedes, Mike and all the Staff for another great visit. Looking forward to 2018!

Cheers,