All reviews point resort activities director upper pool a great vacation beautiful view laid back lori island
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Magens Point Resort made me feel like home. I went there with my boyfriend over labor day weekend, the people working there were very friendly and helpful. It has one of the most beautiful views i have ever seen. Made me want to go back and i am already planning my nest visit!!

Room Tip: I advise you to stay in the villas. Big, comfortable, perfect view, and being renewed so they look very modern!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

All the staff, including Tom were very nice at this place. Big thanks to Tom for the aloe after a day of getting burned. The housekeeping staff, the bartenders and everyone else was always very nice and helpful. One thing I did not like were the prices at the Cup and Cork store on the hotel property. It was $9 for bacon and all the food was up there pretty good with the price. The cigarettes and liquor though, were very cheap. That was nice with us being smokers. The pool was beautiful, the location of our room was ideal. (Room 322) We were close to the gate for going to the beach, close to the store, the pool, the hottub everything. It was really nice. The view of Magen's Bay from our balcony was so nice. I loved the location! The food at the bar was pretty expensive, but the food everywhere here was really expensive. If you go, you must take more than $1500 to at least do things on the island. The beach of Magen's bay was about 1/2 mile down the road. An easy walk down, but coming up, never made it. I did not want to walk the little hill. The taxis will kill you with the price because they charge per person and you will spend at least $16 to go anywhere on the island nearby, except the beach on Magen's bay. The taxi drivers were all very nice though. Brewer's bay was really nice and peaceful. The airport taxi will cost you at least $30 to get to Magen's point, but that is only because it is from the airport. Once you are downtown, you can take the safari to just about anywhere for $1 a person, so take advantage of that while down there. Everyone at the hotel will tell you to eat at Brook's bar, but we never had a chance. The night we did go, they did not accept debit, and we forgot cash. Plus they have no menu, they just tell you what they have. But everyone says it is really good. Mahogany Run restaurant, The Grille, is pretty good, but a little pricey, but not as pricey as Fish Tails in Red Hook. The food was really good, but we did not expect to spend so much, but if it is not cigarettes or liquor, you are going to pay! Everyone seemed so nice and friendly down there. When you are downtown you will come across the "flea market" but they have really great things, so before you buy souvenirs from the few stores that sell them on Main street, look at the flea market, because I guarantee you will find something. The room was really nice and the housekeeping staff kept it clean for us, but the water pressure is awful. But I assume it is that way all over the island because they have to conserve water.
Overall, I think this hotel was perfect for us on our honeymoon. But the bed needs to be mounted to the wall, because if you sit on it, it can slide across the floor. The bed was really comfy too, by the way, but I have a herniated disk and had to sleep in the living room chair. I really liked this place because it seemed like the staff genuinely wanted to make sure you were happy there.

Room Tip: Room 322 is the perfect location to everything at the hotel, plus has an awesome view of Magen's Bay!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We've been staying at Magens Pt Resort for 2 weeks, and have been having a great time. Everyone is friendly and helpful. We were here as Tropical Storm Isaac came through, and the day before the storm we received info on the storm, what to do, who to contact, plus a gallon of drinking water in case the power went out (it didn't). We've been having a great stay, and I just wanted to post this while we're still here. Thank you, Mike and Mercedes, for everything!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our recent five night stay at Magens Point Resort. The people were very nice, upgrading us (without request) from a studio with inland view to a one bedroom with a pretty good view of Magens Bay. The place however is showing its age. We had maintenance in twice in the first two days, first when we found the bathroom sink was completely stoppered up (no lift mechanism), and then to replace a broken shower rod (most likely the original from many years ago) the next day. We scrounged for ice from the bar and from the guy cleaning the pool one morning, since the ice makers were out of order during our stay. The layout of the resort buildings is pretty strange, as we were one floor up from the ground but had 42 steps up and down each way to get to our room. This place tries really hard, but we will be looking for another place to stay if we ever return to St. Thomas.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomc0523
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I just returned from an amazing vacation in USVI. We stayed at Megans Point Resort, which is on the quiet side of the island. I cannot wait to return. The staff was friendly and responsive to all of our requests. Our room was gorgeous and clean. There was a breathtaking view of Megans Bay Beach right from our balcony and the sunsets at night could make you cry. Most of all, the people were so warm and welcoming that I can't wait to return next year and visit my new friends. I should mention that they have just finished renovating most of the rooms and are building a whole new spa and wellness area. Any negative reviews that you've read are probably outdated. I'm very excited to see Megans Point Resort once they finish all the updates!

Room Tip: Rent a car. The taxi fares will add up super quickly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family