“Choose a different place to stay!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pavilions and Pools Villa Hotel

Pavilions and Pools Villa Hotel
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Choose a different place to stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel about 20 years ago and was looking forward to a wonderful vacation, but I was very surprised to find that the place was very run down and under staffed. I had to move to a 2nd villa upon check-in because the 1st one was so bad.....old, dirty, badly furnished, broken tiles, etc. It really was a turn-off. The 2nd villa seemed to be a little newer, but we had minimal housekeeping thoughout the week....she only showed up on Monday and Wednesday, so I had to buy my own paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, garbage bags, etc, and even paper dishes and cups because I was afraid to use the dinnerware that was provided (sticky)....I had to request fresh linen everyday, and even made my own bed on Friday beacuse the housekeeper did not show-up. The living room furniture looked nice, but the chair and couch were as hard as rocks. We had trouble sleeping because the mattress was so uncomfortable (lumpy), and the air conditioner over the bed was so noisy. The lock to the villa outer door was falling out, and the condo door lock could be easily unlocked by shaking....The pool tiles needed repair....the patio chairs were very old and stained....There were chickens and dogs running loose throughout the property, and generally the property was not taken care of very well, and we were eaten alive by the bugs in the pool area.. and although the location was walking distance to Sapphire Bay, The final straw was when the patio table glass top broke on the cermaic tile floor and we were given a broom and told to clean it up ourselves.....I would never go back to this hotel again. By the way, another guest complained that there were rats in her room, but I did not experience this, just ants and other bugs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yammy07601
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I usually don't write reviews, but this place is so bad, I thought I needed to warn other travelers. The room next to the one that I was staying in was under construction. They were ripping tile off the adjoining wall to my room starting at 7 am, and the hammering and sawing continued my entire stay. Every morning I was woken up to NOISE. When I called the front desk to complain, they said "well, it's under construction", and that was thier response. When I went to the front desk, they told me they couldn't move me, and it was basically my problem. Not only that, they turned the water off, with no warning, and every day I had to go get someone to turn it on. One day I had to go to work without a shower, because the front desk couldn't find someone to turn it on. Trust me, in the tropics, that is not a great way to start the day. Never have I had such a terrible sleep, and callous customer service. On top of that, the airconditioner barely worked, and was sputtering and coughing all night with a huge puddle of water under it. HORRIBLE.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank calistadesign

Travellers are raving about these Charlotte Amalie hotels

Guttenberg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

A perfect hotel -- really your own little apartment -- for a stay in St. Thomas. The location is wonderful -- 5 minutes by safari (taxi) to Red Hook on the east end of the island. In Red Hook, you can find restaurants, clubs, the Marina supermarket, and the ferries to St. John, St. Croix and the BVI. The hotel itself is quite lovely. The (very) private villas each have their own pools -- we stayed in the larger version, the International Villa -- with a deck, 2 lounge chairs, a BBQ grill and a table with 4 chairs. The villa has an entire wall of windows facing onto the pool/deck area. You can actually get up in the morning and jump into the pool (deep end) directly from your bedroom, if you desire. The bathroom is large with a garden shower, complete with live greenery. The kitchen is fully equipped -- all you have to do is head to the Marina market for some supplies. If you don't feel like cooking, however, there is Roberto's -- a wonderful and wonderfully-staffed Mexican-themed restaurant. We spent many a night there! Overall, Pavilions & Pools was a great experience and if you want privacy, this is the place!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisamax6966
Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at Pavilions and Pools for our honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. The best parts were the rooms had a sleeping area, kitchenette area, and living room area, as well as a PRIVATE pool which were all located on the beach. We really enjoyed the area and the friendly staff. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank e23torres
Charleston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

I always look for smaller, unique hotels and really felt that Pools and Pavillions fit the bill while doing research for my trip. The hotel is comprised of about 25 individually owned units. Each unit has a bedroom, sitting area, bathroom, kitchenette and its own deck and pool. The private deck and pool were just what we were looking for on our vacation! It was extremely private and great for a romantic get away. It was so nice to come back to our room after a day at the beach (Sapphire and Lindquist beach are each a 5 minute walk) and jump in our own pool with no noisy families or screaming kids. There was also a grill on the patio which was great for a laid back dinner option. From reading other reviews, it appears that some units are in need of remodeling...but we were very pleased with the room that we stayed in. We could tell it had recentely been painted and the furnishings were very new and stylish. There aren't many amenities at this property and you defenitely need a car to get to nearby restaurants, but the privacy and peaceful atmosphere were just what we were looking for! A great value overall!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1.3 km away
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
1.7 km away
Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites

Been to Pavilions and Pools Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK