Pavilions and Pools Villa Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)
View Hotel
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate poolsapphire beachgarden showerliving roompersonal poolopen air showercomplete kitchenthese unitsevery other dayred hook areashort drivebars and restaurantsextra towelsstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat beachprivacythomas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed in #107 Beautiful, secluded, quiet place. Perfect location.. 5 min from Redhook, where there's nightlife & great restaurants also you can take the ferry to St. john & BVI from there. Up the street from sapphire bay where you can parasail, jet ski, or just hang out at the beach. You can catch a cab for $4pp if you want to be alone or $1pp on the open air Safari which picks up right in front of the Resort cost is $2pp all the way into Charlotte Amalie. (what the locals use) At night if ur in Redhook catch a cab back, because since you only catch the Safari on the left side of the street it is much longer & you have to transfer at the mall to another Safari. Perfect for couples, convenient location, friendly staff, free continental breakfast & a decent on site restaurant... Try the fish tacos!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LaFah
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel about 20 years ago and was looking forward to a wonderful vacation, but I was very surprised to find that the place was very run down and under staffed. I had to move to a 2nd villa upon check-in because the 1st one was so bad.....old, dirty, badly furnished, broken tiles, etc. It really was a turn-off. The 2nd villa seemed to be a little newer, but we had minimal housekeeping thoughout the week....she only showed up on Monday and Wednesday, so I had to buy my own paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, garbage bags, etc, and even paper dishes and cups because I was afraid to use the dinnerware that was provided (sticky)....I had to request fresh linen everyday, and even made my own bed on Friday beacuse the housekeeper did not show-up. The living room furniture looked nice, but the chair and couch were as hard as rocks. We had trouble sleeping because the mattress was so uncomfortable (lumpy), and the air conditioner over the bed was so noisy. The lock to the villa outer door was falling out, and the condo door lock could be easily unlocked by shaking....The pool tiles needed repair....the patio chairs were very old and stained....There were chickens and dogs running loose throughout the property, and generally the property was not taken care of very well, and we were eaten alive by the bugs in the pool area.. and although the location was walking distance to Sapphire Bay, The final straw was when the patio table glass top broke on the cermaic tile floor and we were given a broom and told to clean it up ourselves.....I would never go back to this hotel again. By the way, another guest complained that there were rats in her room, but I did not experience this, just ants and other bugs.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yammy07601
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I usually don't write reviews, but this place is so bad, I thought I needed to warn other travelers. The room next to the one that I was staying in was under construction. They were ripping tile off the adjoining wall to my room starting at 7 am, and the hammering and sawing continued my entire stay. Every morning I was woken up to NOISE. When I called the front desk to complain, they said "well, it's under construction", and that was thier response. When I went to the front desk, they told me they couldn't move me, and it was basically my problem. Not only that, they turned the water off, with no warning, and every day I had to go get someone to turn it on. One day I had to go to work without a shower, because the front desk couldn't find someone to turn it on. Trust me, in the tropics, that is not a great way to start the day. Never have I had such a terrible sleep, and callous customer service. On top of that, the airconditioner barely worked, and was sputtering and coughing all night with a huge puddle of water under it. HORRIBLE.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank calistadesign
Reviewed 29 December 2010

A perfect hotel -- really your own little apartment -- for a stay in St. Thomas. The location is wonderful -- 5 minutes by safari (taxi) to Red Hook on the east end of the island. In Red Hook, you can find restaurants, clubs, the Marina supermarket, and the ferries to St. John, St. Croix and the BVI. The hotel itself is quite lovely. The (very) private villas each have their own pools -- we stayed in the larger version, the International Villa -- with a deck, 2 lounge chairs, a BBQ grill and a table with 4 chairs. The villa has an entire wall of windows facing onto the pool/deck area. You can actually get up in the morning and jump into the pool (deep end) directly from your bedroom, if you desire. The bathroom is large with a garden shower, complete with live greenery. The kitchen is fully equipped -- all you have to do is head to the Marina market for some supplies. If you don't feel like cooking, however, there is Roberto's -- a wonderful and wonderfully-staffed Mexican-themed restaurant. We spent many a night there! Overall, Pavilions & Pools was a great experience and if you want privacy, this is the place!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisamax6966
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at Pavilions and Pools for our honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. The best parts were the rooms had a sleeping area, kitchenette area, and living room area, as well as a PRIVATE pool which were all located on the beach. We really enjoyed the area and the friendly staff. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple