We stayed at this waterfront hotel at the end of of sailing charter. We took the ferry from Road Town Tortola to Charlotte Amalie. This hotel is literally across the street from the ferry terminal and about 10 minutes walk from the best shopping area of Charlotte Amalie known as a little Switzerland.
The rooms were very large with a terrific view of the Harbour. The king bed was large, very comfortable and very welcome after sleeping on a boat for a week. This room was equipped with a bar fridge and coffee maker. The hair dryer was NOT working and NOT REPAIRED OR REPLACED even after I notified the front desk.
We did not eat at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie