4,430 results
All reviews morning star frenchman's reef aqua terra coco joes the main hotel harbor wing sunset grill rum bar swim up bar adventure center sea cliff main pool infinity pool garden view night kayaking st thomas tennis courts
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed at this resort in December 2016. We were traveling with smaller kids and needed a resort with several pools, an easy access to the beach and a beach restaurant. We were overall really happy, my kids loved it. We liked the food selection at the restaurants for adults and kids (my kids loved the open air beach restaurant with simple bar-type food). All staff members were super friendly and helpful. The pool areas and the pools were clean. The infinity pool and the views from it were just amazing (plus it has a swim up bar). The rum drinks were large and strong. At first the hotel was fairly slow but as we were getting closer to the holidays, it was getting packed. We really enjoyed it during the slower portion of the stay as we were seeing the same guests over and over and it felt really intimate. The views from our rooms were amazing. We were able to watch cruise ships in the mornings when they pulled into the harbor and watched them leave from the pool in the evening. The location is great, close to the main town. One doesn't really need a car because the hotel has a water taxi that goes downtown to where all the shops and restaurants are located. We went shopping on a day with no cruise ships and most stores and restaurants were closed. The town is much more lively with the cruise ship visitors, even though they make it crowded.

The hotel also has a catamaran and daily sailing excursions. We had a car and took daily trips to explore all near-by beaches. So much to explore on this small island. We would go to Red Hook to eat (there is good Thai restaurant and a lively Mexican restaurant). The beach at the hotel is beautiful but it is pretty rough for small kids, big waves rolled in all day. We did rent kayaks (free for an hour). Once we got passed the break, water was really calm.There were beach toys on the beach for kids to borrow and also plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. People would save chairs with umbrellas when the hotel was getting more crowded. There are rooms on the beach - Morning Star. We didn't stay on the beach. Stayed in the newer part of the hotel - Frenchman's Reef. We did a lot of walking up and down the stairs as the Frenchman's Reef with 2 pools, spa and restaurants is located on the top of a hill overlooking the ocean. There is another pool and a restaurant on the beach.

All rooms are nice, really the same size and look the same. Furniture was new, rooms looked renovated. There was also a small store near the lobby that sold alcohol, wine and breakfast items, sandwiches and coffee among other things. Some mornings we didn't care for the breakfast buffet experience and we grab a coffee and breakfast pastries here. Grounds were very tropical.

Our only issue throughout the stay was the noise level. One night we stayed in a room above the lobby terrace and I listened to a pretty drunk and loud crowd till 2am. Since we have small kids, we cannot really join the festivities. Then we were moved to the top floor and unfortunately our neighbors decided to party in their room till 3am. I didn't call the reception because I didn't think that they would kick out guests from the presidential suite, but the next day when I mentioned it, the reception manager said that they would definitely send someone up there after 10pm no matter who the guests were. Good to know. I did get ear plugs after that night and they helped.

Room Tip: Higher floor. less noise.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank yourtraveldiva
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Just wanted to thank Ann in reservations for all of her help in making sure we had a great stay. I had booked a room in the main building and somehow my reservation was changed to another building. I was calling the hotel and trying to have the error fixed but could not get anyone to help me. I called three times and was told that they would try and straighten it out when I checked into the hotel. I was getting myself upset about this because I did not want to leave for vacation not sure of the hotel situation. Finally on my fourth call I got Ann from reservations, she told me not to worry and that she would handle everything and make sure that the error was rectified and that we would be in the room that was originally booked. I was able to leave for vacation with a clear head and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that Ann handled everything for us. Thank you Ann, you really are an asset to the company.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank 516doreen
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to stay while on vacation @ St Thomas! We enjoyed the nice clean rooms, friendly staff and excellent facility. We will use this again should we choose USVI. This area had a lot of ares to choose, such as shopping, sight seeing, beaches, restaurants, etc.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

On our way to the BVI, the family and I decided to splurge a few days in St Thomas and chose this place. This is definitely not the most affordable place on the island but it's worth every penny. Breakfast Buffett was pricey but the happy hours at the pool were actually a good deal. The pools were amazing! I could pry my 5 year old from the pool, but I really did not want to leave either. Make sure to check out the iguanas hanging out out on the property.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
MrChrisDonohue, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear David P,

It is great to know we hosted you for a few days, and that you felt your "splurge" was well worth it, and that all of you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed hours of fun and relaxation in our infinity pools, and enjoyed meeting our iguana friends,too!

Thank you for your comments and review, and we hope you'll return again!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This place is just wonderful. We arrived the Saturday before Irma and it is so beautiful and the staff is very accommodating. We really enjoyed all of the iguana's sunning themselves on the path and the infinity pool. Also loved the restaurant down by the beach. Unfortunately, we were also there during hurricane Irma which devastated the hotel but I will forever be a Marriott customer and specifically a customer of this hotel (hopefully they rebuild!) due to the outstanding service and care for their guests during this storm. From the housekeeping level all the way up to the GM they were informative and really made sure their guests were safe during this storm. They also evacuated everyone safely to Puerto Rico the Friday after Irma hit and put us up in hotels in San Juan for 3 nights until we could arrange for flights out. Just amazing and so above and beyond. Just the resort alone before the storm was wonderful but how they helped us during Irma really sealed the deal for me as a customer. Well done Marriott!

Room Tip: Not sure if the rooms will be the same after they rebuild but the Harbor View rooms were not great..... Mostly because they were musty.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsay N

Dear Lindsay N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us before, and during Hurricane Irma, and for sharing your high praise for not only the resort, but also for the wonderful care you received throughout your stay with us.

Our guests are always our first priority, and we appreciate you sharing that the outstanding service your received has made you a Marriott guest forever!

We appreciate your review, and your feedback, and we will look forward to welcoming you again!