Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 170
US$ 197
US$ 153
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 355
US$ 275
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$ 248
US$ 241
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 95
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 131
Midtown Guest House(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 90
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$ 640
Marriott
Bluebeard's Castle Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
4,426 results
All reviewsmorning starfrenchman's reefaqua terracoco joesthe main hotelharbor wingsunset grillrum barswim up baradventure centermain poolsea cliffinfinity poolnight kayakinggarden viewst thomastennis courts
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Just wanted to thank Ann in reservations for all of her help in making sure we had a great stay. I had booked a room in the main building and somehow my reservation was changed to another building. I was calling the hotel and trying to have the error fixed but could not get anyone to help me. I called three times and was told that they would try and straighten it out when I checked into the hotel. I was getting myself upset about this because I did not want to leave for vacation not sure of the hotel situation. Finally on my fourth call I got Ann from reservations, she told me not to worry and that she would handle everything and make sure that the error was rectified and that we would be in the room that was originally booked. I was able to leave for vacation with a clear head and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that Ann handled everything for us. Thank you Ann, you really are an asset to the company.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank 516doreen
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to stay while on vacation @ St Thomas! We enjoyed the nice clean rooms, friendly staff and excellent facility. We will use this again should we choose USVI. This area had a lot of ares to choose, such as shopping, sight seeing, beaches, restaurants, etc.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

On our way to the BVI, the family and I decided to splurge a few days in St Thomas and chose this place. This is definitely not the most affordable place on the island but it's worth every penny. Breakfast Buffett was pricey but the happy hours at the pool were actually a good deal. The pools were amazing! I could pry my 5 year old from the pool, but I really did not want to leave either. Make sure to check out the iguanas hanging out out on the property.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
MrChrisDonohue, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear David P,

It is great to know we hosted you for a few days, and that you felt your "splurge" was well worth it, and that all of you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed hours of fun and relaxation in our infinity pools, and enjoyed meeting our iguana friends,too!

Thank you for your comments and review, and we hope you'll return again!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This place is just wonderful. We arrived the Saturday before Irma and it is so beautiful and the staff is very accommodating. We really enjoyed all of the iguana's sunning themselves on the path and the infinity pool. Also loved the restaurant down by the beach. Unfortunately, we were also there during hurricane Irma which devastated the hotel but I will forever be a Marriott customer and specifically a customer of this hotel (hopefully they rebuild!) due to the outstanding service and care for their guests during this storm. From the housekeeping level all the way up to the GM they were informative and really made sure their guests were safe during this storm. They also evacuated everyone safely to Puerto Rico the Friday after Irma hit and put us up in hotels in San Juan for 3 nights until we could arrange for flights out. Just amazing and so above and beyond. Just the resort alone before the storm was wonderful but how they helped us during Irma really sealed the deal for me as a customer. Well done Marriott!

Room Tip: Not sure if the rooms will be the same after they rebuild but the Harbor View rooms were not great..... Mostly because they were musty.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsay N

Dear Lindsay N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us before, and during Hurricane Irma, and for sharing your high praise for not only the resort, but also for the wonderful care you received throughout your stay with us.

Our guests are always our first priority, and we appreciate you sharing that the outstanding service your received has made you a Marriott guest forever!

We appreciate your review, and your feedback, and we will look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This review is in 2 segments.

First is the first 2 days. The hotel is nice, but not great. The room on the 7th floor of the main tower is pretty basic. The bed is comfy enough and the furniture looks nice enough for the tropics but it's nothing special. The grounds are well manicured and kept. The infinity pool has a few tiles missing here and there but is very relaxing. The bar pool is average. The restaurants are a bit overpriced but it's a resort so it's to be expected.

On day 3 hurricane Irma hit. The hotel did their best to keep us safe and everyone escaped unharmed even if it was an extremely long day. The hotel took a good hit and I imagine it will mostly be rebuilt, a little nicer too I'm sure. We were given another room and for the next few days it was more an emergency shelter than a hotel. There was power but no AC. Food varies from full hot meals to cold cuts and toast, but they did feed us at least. The Marriott rented a ferry and got us off of St Thomas Friday night and for that I am grateful.

I'm not sure I'd stay here again but Marriott took care of us.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vanos954
MrChrisDonohue, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear vanos954,

We are glad you took the time to offer your feedback, and comments after your stay before, and during Hurricane Irma. It is great to know that you felt very well taken care of at a very stressful time during the hurricane.

Thank you for letting us know that our staff and team rose to the occasion, and provided a wonderful experience under the circumstances.

We appreciate your review, and feedback, and hope to welcome you back for a relaxing stay to enjoy all that our hotel has to offer!