“Best time! ”
Review of Abi Beach Bar

Abi Beach Bar
Ranked #98 of 286 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a Gem!!! I was worried when we turned down this little road to what looked like to nowhere but OMG! I loved it! The bartenders are just the greatest and when they cook the food is awesome!! If I ever get the chance to come back to the island this is the first place on my stop!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

They charge you something like a 28% tip automatically even for two people! I think that is because the bartender is so rude no one would tip him if you weren't being extorted. A tip is a gift, not part of the bill. Avoid this bar and just enjoy the beach

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank ellen y
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We did this as an excursion from a cruise ship, 2 adults and 2 kids. I have to say the long/steep hill you have to drive up/down to get to it seems like a 1 way but on our way out we did have to pass another shuttle and I still don't know how they did it without one shuttle falling off the hill, it's not an experience I would have wanted to have in my own car. The beach is pretty but there is such an extraordinary amount of sea urchins along the coast that it significantly limited the area we could/would want to step in. Added to that, boats pull in all day, right into the swimming area so that further limits where you can go. The restaurant was good but nothing so great that I would travel back to Abi Beach.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 15 December 2017

It appears that about half the people that come here do so by sea. Several sailboats were moored nearby and paddled to the beach. The other half need to have driven a sure-footed SUV or truck. The long drive way in was very rough and I wouldn't suggest that a regular car attempt it. There was live fun music with the two singers making things up as they went. Food choices are very limited, but they have plenty to drink. The night I went they had all you can eat barbecue of several items that changed through the night, along with rice, potato salad (very good by the way!), and a few other sides. The thing I liked best about this place was the round picnic table we sat at right on the beach sand with good access to the nearby bar and good view and sound for the music.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Shore excursion for a full day beach break on Norwegian cruise. Billed as rustic and remote with soft sand etc. Reality: pebbly sand, remote by land, not enough lounge chairs for the crowd. Shame on Abi for accepting cruise ship tour on this particular day. Abi had planned a nice party for Veterans and first responders. Multiple boats pulled up and anchored where people were swimming, making swimmers dodge anchor lines and severely limiting water area. Billed as having food/bar/non motorized activities available to rent. True. But BRING CASH. No credit accepted. The day we went we felt we were crashing a private beach party. Would not return based on this experience.

Date of visit: November 2017