“Disappointed Meal”
Review of Victor's Hideout

Victor's Hideout
Ranked #165 of 276 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Local restaurant overlooking harbor.. Great conch.
Description: Local restaurant overlooking harbor.. Great conch.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We were told by a local that this is a wonderful place to eat. It is at the top of a mountain and hidden. We were went on our adventure to give a try. When we walked into this place it looked a little run down. 2 other couples were there. That should have been a hint. They left and we waited a very long time to be served. Our food was not very tasty at all. We were given a significant amount of food, but it was not what I was looking forward to. I am hoping that they improve both the food and the ambience. The place has a lot of potential. It just was a little depressing. I hate to give a bad review but I would not reccomend anyone to this place until there are changes.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Go for supper and drink a view of Crown Bay and Havensight at the far end of the bay. Don't forget to slowly sip a sight of the moon. Simply divine. Now taste any of the local (Caribbean Sea) seafood and you'll simply smack your lips as you eat fungi and plantains and drinking some maubi.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Victor's Hide Out has AWESOME view of Sub Base and Water Island. Service is a bit slow but food is ok. I enjoy the view most of all. Lots of parking space available. We had conch in butter sauce and stewed chicken , both are popular island style lunches. Again, the view from this hill peak is very beautiful. When planes fly over the parking lot, its amazing to be so close up due to high altitude of this restaurant.

Thank C.A. N
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

I was two years ago I ate at this spot the food was lovely. All of my choices were local fare. The Ginger Beer was even homemade. The only bad and over riding sour note was that the restaurant is above a sewage treatment or city dump. The smell was sickening. The service was good if a tad slow. If they have fixed the smell I will give it another shot.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

It has been a year since I visited Victor's - and I am still dreaming of the delicious conch & fungi! Excellent Service Too!