“Local Harthman family dinner”
Review of Victor's Hideout

Victor's Hideout
Ranked #162 of 277 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Local restaurant overlooking harbor.. Great conch.
Description: Local restaurant overlooking harbor.. Great conch.
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Great meal. The Local Harthman family is out for dinner. Wish they had free wifi. Talk about bringing business off the cruise ships. One can overlook the ship their on while having a drink, playing on the wifi , and having a yummy meal. It's just minutes from the port. Service was great. Have to say more people more servers. Our server Michael was great. We come here often. We've always enjoyed a great meal today is no exception. Thank you.. To the owner You need to advertise in the destination magazine and or get the taxi drivers to bring people up those 3 minutes it takes from the ship. Great conch frittas, old wife, snapper, lobsters, marveys, banana daiquiris, rum and coke's. yum .⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed 2 January 2016

Very enjoyable evening. Old Wife fish and conk was out of this world! Not to be missed! There were a few other patrons in there, the location is in an industrial area. Not to worry wih cab. Enjoy true local dinning.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Lousy food, impossible to find in a scary industrial part of St Thomas. Servers were very sweet ladies who had no idea how to cook and didn't know what a margarita is. We drank mystery white wine. It is a large building, usually reserved for weddings. We were almost the only people in there and rattled around.

The gals seemed to mean well, but they dropped a plate (not at our table, thank gawd)

All together such a bad experience it was funny. They had a spot with fake palm trees where you could do prom photos. Funny again.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We wanted caribbean cuisine so we asked the taxi driver to refer us to a great place and he took us there. It was a long trip up winding roads to the hill top. The driver told us that they have a new cook from Dominica and the restaurant is having a come back. The service was excellent. I had the pork chop which was tender and well cooked along with rice and peas and vegetables. My friends had the old woman fish, they seemed to enjoy it but I cannot have the entire fish with the head and teeth on my plate. To each its own. I have pictures but I have a apple computer and a samsung phone and they seem un-compatable. So I cannot share my amazing picture of my plate with you. The portion is large and the food is great. Try it for yourself. The cook is an elderly lady and she is so pleasant...

Reviewed 6 August 2015

This is another of my favorites in St Thomas (one of two or three). Funky would best describe it. Atop a hill at subbase, it is off the beaten path. Great West Indian food. I always go with the fresh fish. It is always nicely done, fresh, and delicious. My wife got the ribs, and they were very nicely done. This restaurant is not easy to find- if you haven't been there (and are driving) scope it out in the daylight. Taxi's are of course no problem. The service is always the paradigm of "caribbean time", so just expect a relaxed (i.e. slow) pace. The view is great, the drinks are strong and good, so just enjoy it. All dinners come with a house green salad (when was the last time you saw that at a nice restaurant?) The dressing comes either in the bottle or something like a ketchup squirter (remember, I said funky). Old fashioned dinner rolls (but very frest, and hot- they tasted great). The sides of rice and beans, and funghi, were also very good. The decor is nice inside, and it is a large restaurant. It is in an odd location, but don't be put off by the somewhat hard to find location. There are signs pointing the way. The restaurant itself is large, clean, and the food it is good. It is a "locals" type place, and I go there on every visit to St Thomas.