“Best Island Food”
Review of Victor's Hideout

Victor's Hideout
Ranked #158 of 278 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Local restaurant overlooking harbor.. Great conch.
Description: Local restaurant overlooking harbor.. Great conch.
Reviewed 13 September 2015

We wanted caribbean cuisine so we asked the taxi driver to refer us to a great place and he took us there. It was a long trip up winding roads to the hill top. The driver told us that they have a new cook from Dominica and the restaurant is having a come back. The service was excellent. I had the pork chop which was tender and well cooked along with rice and peas and vegetables. My friends had the old woman fish, they seemed to enjoy it but I cannot have the entire fish with the head and teeth on my plate. To each its own. I have pictures but I have a apple computer and a samsung phone and they seem un-compatable. So I cannot share my amazing picture of my plate with you. The portion is large and the food is great. Try it for yourself. The cook is an elderly lady and she is so pleasant...

Reviewed 6 August 2015

This is another of my favorites in St Thomas (one of two or three). Funky would best describe it. Atop a hill at subbase, it is off the beaten path. Great West Indian food. I always go with the fresh fish. It is always nicely done, fresh, and delicious. My wife got the ribs, and they were very nicely done. This restaurant is not easy to find- if you haven't been there (and are driving) scope it out in the daylight. Taxi's are of course no problem. The service is always the paradigm of "caribbean time", so just expect a relaxed (i.e. slow) pace. The view is great, the drinks are strong and good, so just enjoy it. All dinners come with a house green salad (when was the last time you saw that at a nice restaurant?) The dressing comes either in the bottle or something like a ketchup squirter (remember, I said funky). Old fashioned dinner rolls (but very frest, and hot- they tasted great). The sides of rice and beans, and funghi, were also very good. The decor is nice inside, and it is a large restaurant. It is in an odd location, but don't be put off by the somewhat hard to find location. There are signs pointing the way. The restaurant itself is large, clean, and the food it is good. It is a "locals" type place, and I go there on every visit to St Thomas.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Came here for a visit staying at Frenchman Reef and we wanted cultural Caribbean cuisine that wasn't 'touristy'. Took a nice 3 mile drive, great view overlooking Crown bay dock. Good signage along the way. Food was great- I had the salmon and shrimp w/ fungi, rice, vegetables and plantains. Good size portions of food. Not very busy we went at 8 p.m

1  Thank Jeri K
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I ate there with a group of folks and it was awful. If you can find this you will walk into a cavernous building with a view of the power plant. The waiter was rude to the group telling us he didn't have time for us when delivering our food to the table. There was not enough help to run the place. The grilled chicken was extremely dry and the veggies were mushy. This is not worth the effort to find or the cost of the meals.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We have visited and revisited Victors for many years. They serve the absolute positively best conch we've tasted in all our travels throughout the Caribbean. It is super tender which is hard to achieve but easy for them as everything they serve is great. You will be glad you went!