“Best Restaurant Ever”

Latitude 18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Latitude 18 is one of the last remaining true island, open air restaurant in St. Thomas. Come experience the rustic charm of this 25 year old landmark! The road is bumpy but would you rather go to a bad bar at the end of a good road or a GREAT bar at the end of a bad road? Latitude 18 sits on the edge of the azure ocean. We serve Caribbean and American cuisine! And the FAMOUS "Shark & Bake" Sandwich which was featured on the Food Network and is available ONLY at Latitude 18. Renowned for LIVE ENTERTAINMENT there's live music and dancing EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK! Latitude 18, THE LIVE MUSIC CAPITAL OF ST. THOMAS Latitude 18.....Great Food.....Live Music!!
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, so I may be embellishing a little, but this is a restaurant that you must visit. Located on the East End of St Thomas this is one of the best kept secrets in the USVI. I have eaten here several times and the only thing better than the food is the atmosphere. You must adventure to find this spot but it is worth the trip. The live music adds to an already spectacular evening. Steve, our waiter, was great. When visiting St Thomas don't miss Latitude 18.

1  Thank John L

Hi John!

Ha! Best EVER! Ill take it! Thank you very much for your review. We try every hard to serve great food, service, and killer live music. We are so glad you enjoyed everything. Steve is a super star! We are privileged to have him on our team. All the best, and see you soon I hope!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

WOW - the Wasabi encrusted Tuna was the BOMB!!! Nice casual atmosphere with EXCELLENT FOOD and live entertainment! A+++++++++++++++

1  Thank lrclark

Hi IrClark!
Thank you very much for stopping by and taking time to write a glowing review. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

After hearing so much about this place I decided to give it a try...got the chicken roti to go. I was so disappointed once I got home...had way more potatoes than chicken and potatoes were undercooked. Giving it 3 stars for the laid back low key location

Hello,

Very sorry your Roti was not up to par. We have been training some new kitchen help and some things may have fallen through the cracks on your visit. We are making progress with setting standards and recipe book. I will address your comments with our team and seek to make the necessary improvements. Our Roti wraps are locally made and pretty good though!
I hope you can find time to give us another shot.
Thanks for your comments!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I am very sad this long time local establishment is not what it once was. We've been going to St. Thomas for over 25 years and have frequented this restaurant many times. Were very sad after this last trip to find that it has really gone down in food quality. TO THE CURRENT OWNERS . . please bring back the music and some food that is edible.

Hi TJS0315,
I am sorry that your experience was not what you were expecting. We are a bit shocked that you feel the food quality has gone down as the chef who has been here since 1994 is still with us, and feels the menu and food quality has gone significantly up. The kitchen was gutted and cleaned as well.
When things change, people tend to resist it a bit and look for flaws. We are certainly far from perfect, but are making strides to make this place the best it can be. I am born and raised on STT and have been going to Latitude 18 my whole life. We know the icon that it is and respect al the history these walls have.
Unfortunately you visited us during the transition and the start of slow season. We are doing live entertainment 3 days a week until season starts in November. From then on we will have live entertainment a minimum of 6 nights a week. Jimmy Charles is actually playing as I type. He is a musician who finished 4th on last seasons American Idol. He is playing with Mimi, Tommy August, and Paul Cater Deaton. They sound great.
Hopefully you will give us another shot on your next visit. Until then, all the best.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Apparently under new management, I found the food much more memorable than two years ago ! Loved the shark bites and conch fritters as well as pulled pork sandwich ! The band makes the atmosphere truly local and fun...right on the water. Just keep following the signs...you will find it and be glad you did !!!

1  Thank nancyfromboston2017
Ched S, Owner at Latitude 18, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you Nancy!! We are so glad you like the food and enjoyed our unique Island atmosphere. See you again soon!!