“great garden view”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Caribe Suite

Enjoy the breeze
Utility and Laundry room right inside those doors entry porch welcomes you to the suite
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Enjoy the breeze
Utility and Laundry room right inside those doors
entry porch welcomes you to the suite
A few minutes walk off property brings you here. you here.
Relax here in the evenings
Another view
Take a  late night swim
Sweet dreams
In the garden
Fully equipped for your convenience
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Arlington, Virginia
“Beware! Lacking privacy”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Arrived and was promptly greeted by the suite owner who gave us a brief tour of the condo. There is a view of the backyard/ garden, NO sea view of view of the pool. There was a lovely woman rating the downstairs apartment but we barely saw her. It's more of a 10 min walk down a large hill to get to the beach, but then there's the issue of climbing back up when you want to return home. Also, the road to get there is very rough. We rented a Nissan car and had just a little trouble navigating the driveway to where we stayed but made it out without a flat. There is a door between the toilet and the bed but it offered no privacy at all I don't know what the point of it was, a curtain would have offered the same sound proofing and less of a view inside.
The first evening we returned home to find all the lights we turned off before we left now on, and the fan off- scary. I asked the owners if they had been in the unit as we had no prior knowledge that they would be entering after we went for dinner. I was informed that they would be entering everyday with or without our consent at any point- Also scary. They said it was for housekeeping but even as I said we would only be there for 3 days and did not plan on making any meals and would really prefer to manage on our own (no safe in the unit), this was refused. I felt uncomfortable leaving and not knowing what or who I would come back to. And rightly so, as I was packing my things to leave I found that someone had gone into my luggage and put a hair dryer inside!? What? Why would that be Okay? Wow. Extremely invasive and totally inappropriate. I had cash and other belongings that I had nowhere else to keep but to take with me anytime I wanted to leave. I don't have any reviews about the kitchen accept maybe the cracked glasses that were left for us to use, I did not spend any time in there.
The bed had A LOT of sand in it which made me feel like they had not changed the sheets or washed the comforter in a long time- gross. I understand the beach is sandy, but how does that happen before you even get there to bring it back into your freshly made bed? And they were never changed by any housekeeping, nor was anything (besides my luggage) attended to during our stay. There are so many other places to stay and I would choose any of those for your visit to Frederiksted.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Patio
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
24 Nov 2015
First of all we never promised a view of the pool; as you can walk across the courtyard and red bridge and be at the pool. The first evening that the guest from Arlington was here they put their luggage down, turned on all the fans and left. At sunset my husband went up and turned the fans off as no one was in the apartment. He put on the porch light and an interior light in the kitchen was turned on so that the guest could see how to safely re-enter the suite. All of the guests prior to this one were well pleased with the services that we provided and bragged in their reviews about how well we attended to them and the suite.
The guest wrote an email issuing orders that I let her know anytime that we would be entering the suite. I responded telling her that we would be going into the apartment on a daily basis for housekeeping purposes. As the owner, my policy is to make sure that everything is kept clean and comfortable for the guests.
The guest is mistaken no one had gone into her suitcase to leave a dryer there. We do not dole out hair dryers to the guests. Another mistake that was made by the guest is that there was sand in the bed.
Each time before a guest arrives I personally do the laundry for the bedding. I had washed and dried the sheets and washed and dried the comforter. I also press all of the bedding with a steam iron. So, there was nothing wrong with the bedding.
Anyone reading all of the other reviews before this young lady came along will get the idea. She was very rude and demanding and blatantly lying about sand and filthy bedding, portraying THE UGLY AMERICAN, to the hilt
My deepest sympathies go out to any other hosts who are unfortunate enough to have this person as a guest!!!!
Tom_and_A...
Texas
“great garden view”
Reviewed 31 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a great stay in this 2nd floor house with a two sided wrap around balcony that overlooked plush trees and gardens. The iguanas in the trees kept us entertained throughout our entire stay. The house itself was very cozy and a great place to relax. You have all you need in the kitchen to prepare meals which we did two of our evenings. The best beach on the west side is located just down the road and very handy. We would stay in this house again for sure. thanks to Betty & Jerry for a wonderful time.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
1 Nov 2015
Anne and Tom,
Thanks for your review. Jerry and I enjoyed having you as guests. We would like you come back again and again!
Linda L
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Lovely”
Reviewed 23 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

My sister and I were very happy with the Caribe Suite. It was very close to the beach and the place was clean. Betty had all the convenience of being home especially in the kitchen.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
San Francisco
Reviewed 23 January 2014 for a stay in June 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing