“Great Trip EXCEPT”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Acworth, Georgia
“Great Trip EXCEPT”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at the Club St. Croix for a 5 day vacation. Like everyone else pointed out, this is a time share / condo location so that has pros and cons. The Cons is that you don't have the extras you get a t a hotel such as room service, but the pros are you get more room in your room for about the same price. It provides you the options of stocking up your fridge instead of being at the mercy of over prices food and drink options in hotels. Like a hotel, you room will be cleaned but not everyday. There is a market within walking distance.

My unit was a one bedroom with a balcony looking over the beach. You can check out snorkel gear for the beach as well as towels for the beach and pool. Like everyone else pointed out, this is not a tourist trap place. We felt like we had the beach and pool all to ourselves which was good and bad as I will point out later.

The restaurant was TOP NOTCH and the prices were more than reasonable. For example I had a 8 pound lobster and 18 oz Steak for $20! Everything on the menu was great. I would go back just to eat there. The only down side is you have to eat there instead of a room service option, but the Breezes restaurant is on the property. Being that almost every night my girl friend and I were the only ones there, we made friends with the bartender and she would make us samples of the local drinks. I would HIGHLY recommend a pain killer with their Cruzan Rum if you never had one.

Now the one negative. The condo is not in the best neighborhood in the world. They DO have security but the one guy I would always see at night was not around in the day time. Like I said, there is hardly any other guest there so one afternoon while we were swimming / snorkeling, in the ocean, stupid me left a bag with my digital camera in it. And of course when we came back to shore, it was gone. We filed the police report but I had to chalk it up to the game of letting my guard down. Was I upset? Yes I was.

If it wasn't for that incident, I would give the place a higher rating. I will go back to St. Croix, but I may stay someplace else and just take a trip over to eat at the restaurant,

Room Tip: It is hit or miss with the rooms BUT once you get there, if you don't like the unit you were giv...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank kglove01
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed at Club St. Crox, january 2012. Staff was very friendly, checked in at 530 PM front desk was closed with a not to see Dotty. Was given room key and remote for the A/C. Club St. Croix isn't your usual hotel it is infact a collection of condeminiums and timeshares individually owned and rented by Antilles resorts. My "room" in realty a exquistely beautiful 1 bedroom condo, was fantastic. When i arrived the cleaning staff were still mopping my floor. The furnishings were very modern, and had an excellent view of the beach and pool. The only thing i could find with my room was the A/C in the bedroom would trip the breaker sometimes and had to be reset. I was in unit 207 very very excellent would recommend to anyone going to st. croix probably better for a couple than a family as only 1 bed and a couch.

Onsite is the breezes restuarant, ate their twice while i was a guest and would call the food good. They dont serve any sandwiches in the evening, but the wait staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Unit 207 was excellent!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank David D
The Pocono Mountains, Pa
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I loved Club St. Croix. My family & I were there for my niece's wedding. We spent 12 glorious days there. We enjoyed the condo being just a few feet from the beach. We hardly saw anyone else on the beach or at the pool. We loved the 2 bedroom, 2 full bath condo so much we're thinking of going back next year. So what the condo decor was a little dated it was clean & fully stocked with EVERY appliance & cooking utensil 1 could want. I made smoothies with the local fruits every morning with the blender that cane with the place for my girls & even got the fixings for brownies. The housekeeping staff were GREAT. They kept our room fully stocked, even gave us extras for the days they were not going to be around. They let us take a peek at some of the other rooms they were cleaning & they too were nice. I picked their brains on the local festivities & they were very forth coming. The lizards were plentiful but they kept my daughter entertained. She even collected a few hermit crabs from around the property & kept them as pets for our whole 12 day trip.

Room Tip: A/C worked so good...I turned it off at night. We were there 12/27/2011- 1/8/12
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank missg45
Highland Village, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The problem is this is surrounded by low income housing. While on the beach, a local person was walking by and suddnely grabbed a bag on the lounge chair with the owner within 10 feet. The owner and I gave chase, but the guy jumped into the brush. Ok so it happened. Here is what bugged me. For the hour the ordeal when on, police reports, etc. not one person form the hotel or the restuarant even came out and asked about what happened. Based on what we were told, not the first time - seems to be a lot of crime at this location. No security, camera or a person to say sorry.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
13 Thank jcanberra

Travellers are raving about these Christiansted hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2011

First off, I usually don’t write reviews because most hotels are Ok. However Club St. Croix deserves some remarks.
I stayed at Club St.Croix on business for almost 4 weeks, the overall condition of the condo is old and out dated, however some owners may chose to update their condo’s, and the condition of the rooms maybe better. The rooms are cleaned on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. If you need something on the off days, well good luck with your request. I must also share with you the facts regarding little critters roaming inside the rooms, cockroaches, small inch worms and mosquitoes were a normal occurrence.
The beach is corral sand, and I saw no maintenance for the entire time that I was at the resort. You will find a continuous pile of sea weed at the shore line, and weeds growing in the beach sand.
The electrical generation facilities next to the resort is very noisy, if you’re an aviation nut you will love the constant sound of the turbine generators, if you’re not an aviation nut you may not like that constant noise. It truly sounds like your next to the airport waiting for the airplane to depart, but it never departs.
I love to walk and see the site’s, I wouldn’t recommend that activity to anyone visiting this resort. St. Croix has a huge violent crime issue; there is nothing within a SAFE walking distance of this resort. You will find old abandoned apartments between Club St. Croix and downtown Christenstead. In the evening you will find all types of people roaming around that area and most are up taking part in things that I have no interest in. Matter of fact some local’s want recommend walking around the town area during the day, and certainly not at night, during the daylight maybe, but once the sun goes down you’re on your own. If you find this unbelievable just Google crime in St. Croix, and see what you find.
This place and the Island are not on my return too list, and if this is to tough to believe, well come on down and try it for yourself.

Room Tip: You need to know which owner has updated their condo's
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business