1,546 results
All reviews mermaid beach golf course grotto pool great house ocean front buck island kids camp jogging trail st croix main building oceanfront room concierge desk tennis courts rum punch sugar mill beautiful resort every morning
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Wonderful service, knowledgable staff, comfortable rooms. Great location, near to Christiansted. Plenty of activities available on site. The restaurants had good selection. Hotel beach was lovely, well cared for, with plenty of space.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 19 September 2016

My wife and I were long overdue for a getaway. I booked this trip through Costco Travel. Once at The Buccaneer, things started off excellently and only got better. When we arrived we found that they had upgraded us to possibly one of the best rooms on the property. That simply set the tone for the rest of the trip. All of the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make our trip a delightful experience. Food on property was excellent. We ate at The Terrace the first night, and ordered several meals from The Mermaid. Breakfast was included in our package and still find myself missing that in the morning... I can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at The Buccaneer. The Mermaid beach was spectacular. We tried several other beaches around the island and were most pleased with this one that was only 20 steps from our door.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask The Buccaneer staff for special attention. If they can accommodate, they will, and with a smile!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karl W
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The Buccaneer is top notch on all counts. 5 star dining, beautiful beaches, exceptional customer service, and very comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. If you visit make sure to stop by the main bar and say "hi" to TerryAnn. She is possibly the best bartender ever and very warm and friendly. We stayed at the Buc for 8 nights in high season and prices were still quite reasonable. Many choices to eat and drink onsite, all delicious. We returned just a few weeks ago and decided to stay off site at a condo property for a different experience. While you can't go wrong on St. Croix, we will definitely go back to the Buccaneer next visit. I salute the owners and the entire staff for such a beautiful place to vacation.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gigiloves2
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Stayed at the Buccaneer for five nights while in St. Croix on business. Had a room in the main building that had a spacious balcony overlooking the sea and a part of the golf course...what sunsets! Food and service were excellent in the main building, less so down at the beachfront restaurant. The lounge is a popular hangout and the bartender (Lauren?) was very welcoming. The golf course is not the toughest, but is extremely enjoyable with many interesting holes, some with lovely sea views. Just a very pleasant resort...made my business easier to bear.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The last time I stayed at the Buccaneer was in 1999, and when I knew I was going back to St Croix, I made sure I was able to stay here again. Besides me being older and having more gray hair, the Buccaneer hadn't changed at all. The professionalism of the staff, the phenomenal food, the relaxing atmosphere, it all was fantastic, as I expected. The most important thing to remember when choosing to stay here is their availability during their peak season goes fast. Plan as much ahead as you can, and go, escape... to paradise, even if it's for the weekend, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms are different throughout the resort, giving you a choice in whatever you are looking for and want to pay for.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business