“Fantastic dive operation with wonderful attention to detail”

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: The friendliest dive shop on earth operates two dive boats, one from Christiansted and one from Frederiksted, diving all of the moored dive sites along the island's north and west shores. As a full PADI 5 Star IDC training facility SCUBA conducts all scuba dive training from Discover Scuba Diving (intro) courses through professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We booked our dives with SCUBA on-line before our very first trip to St Croix, and it was effortless. They were willing to let us change any details if we wanted once we got there which was great since I wasn't sure how many dives I wanted to make. If any questions come up the owner, Molly, and the staff are fast to answer them and make sure that you are enjoying your time with them. Captain Ryan and Dive-master Kip are great fun to have on the boat and showed us lots of beautiful sites on the dives. The boats were not over-crowded and it was an overall great experience for my husband, 14 yr old son and myself. I would dive with them in again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank scooternje
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Thank you for bringing your family to dive with us and for writing the great review. It was great having all of you with us and we hope you'll be back again soon. Thanks again.

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"sea horses"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2016

I am hooked. In early June, while visiting my brother in law in St. Croix with my wife for my wedding anniverssary I signed up for the discover scuba program. I wanted to get this scuba diving "thing" off my bucket list. My excellent instructor, Julie, found that out before we started the class and said "Nah, you will want to get your open water certification by the time you are done." I said I wasn't so sure about that. But with her excellent, patient instruction, two dives on the first day and "unexpectedly" coming back for two more a couple days later, I figured she was right. I am looking for ways to get my scuba diver/open water certifications next summer and be back the following summer to dive with you again. I really cant say enough good things about this experience and my instructor. Julie did a great job calming my fears and explaining everything. I never felt rushed in training or when i got in the sea for the first time down. She pointed out sea life I would have missed (sea turtles, trumpet fish, stingrays, jackfish) and was patient with my camera difficulties. I signed up for the second two dives only to be called and told that I would not be able to dive from the Christiansted shop; they were going to be doing dives at incompatible depths for discover scuba students. I was told that I could dive at the same time from the Fredriksted site. That was not an issue for me and they even had Julie come all the way from Fredriksted to pick me up and provide round trip transportation before and after the dives. It was nice having her with me as my instructor for both sets of dives. Also, they have great gear and clothes at the shop and the owner is super-friendly, My brother in law had never been in the shop before and was inpressed with their clothing; "Best clothing selection on the island." is what he said. Now I just have to hook my wife.

stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Karl, thank you for coming to us to Discover Scuba Diving while you were visiting St. Croix. We're delighted that you liked it so much that you're ready to become a certified diver. We'd love to help you out with that. Oh, and thanks for mentioned the boutique section of our shop. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We went diving for my first time and it was amazing! I just did a discovery dive and was super nervous but the crew was super calming. Captain ET was a well experienced and overall an awesome captain, as an instructor Mike really knew his diving stuff and was really great with us. It is absolutely great.

Molly thank you for Discovering Scuba Diving with us and taking the time to write this review. From what your Instructor Mike told us, you're a natural that should consider coming back for a full certification. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My husband took my daughter for discovery dive. They were very knowledgable and made her feel safe. Captain ET and instructor Mike were great!

stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Thank you for sending your daughter to us for her Discover Scuba Diving experience. How great that she was able to join her Dad who was already a certified diver. Hopefully she loved it so much she'll want to become certified herself and he'll have a Dive Buddy for life. Thank you also for writing the review.