“Best Clam Chowder EVER!!!”
Review of Blue Water Terrace

Blue Water Terrace
Ranked #35 of 179 Restaurants in St. Croix
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 28 February 2017

I did not start out to eat clam chowder in St Croix. I thought New England had the best. We went for the all-you-can eat Lobster and Prime Rib dinner for $55.00 on Sunday night. It starts with clam chowder and a salad. The clam chowder was amazing. The clams were plump and not rubbery. It had a kick of something at the end. It was the best taste I had all week! We discussed it frequently throughout the week. All 13 of us agreed that this was hands down the best clam chowder and we are not impressed easily. Next came a huge bowl of muscles. Those were also very good. Then came the lobster, prime rib, corn, and baked potato. The prime rib was way over cooked with no flavor. I ordered rare and it was well done. The well done was shoe leather. Needless to say, no one ordered more prime rib. The first lobster was great. The second, was over cooked. Maybe it is how they get rid of people. It was way more than enough food without getting a second of anything, so I shouldn't have ordered the 2nd lobster any way. The service was extra slow, but there was 13 of us, so I will give them a break. I never did make it back for the pear and Brea pizza, but it is on my things to try next time list.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Our plan was to get a quick appetizer and drink at the bar. There was room, but the staff was so busy that they told us they couldn't take our order. We ended up ordering one drink and then just left.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We ordered pizza and lobster rolls. Margarita pizza was really good. Lobster tasted well but the roll bread wasn't as good as we had hoped for the price. Overall it is a decent place.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Waitress was nice. Another gentleman brought out the meals, so he had no idea what we had ordered. We asked why baked potato instead of fries? Which order was salt-free? He had no idea. No one ever came back to check on us. The owner came out to an adjoining table...maybe he was looking for us? He didn't try very hard, if he was looking for us. We had four people at the table, the adjoining table was one couple. Waitress came back much later, with the butter our guest had asked for 30 minutes earlier, and the bill. Two of the steaks had gone uneaten because they were so undercooked. We had ordered medium rare--not raw. The waitress didn't offer to take the steaks back to be cooked properly. She offered dessert. We hadn't even eaten our meal! What good is dessert? We declined, and made it clear we wouldn't be back.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Late morning meal with my wife having fried chicken while I had a hearty breakfast. Both meals were very good with more than ample servings. Two days later we decided to try an evening meal here. My wife had the red snapper which was excellent. I had the 14 ounce ribeye with lobster and shrimp. The steak was prepared as ordered with a great basted flavor from the original toppings. At first glance I thought now way could I finish that plate but it was so tasty that I did finish but had no room for desert. Great atmosphere overlooking the bay and Buck Island.

1  Thank Michael G