“Excellent”

Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 130
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Newly renamed, and with a hotshot young chef from Toronto at the helm, the Somerset's signature restaurant has gotten a thrilling reboot. The cooly elegant interior now has a warmer, more welcoming palette, but our favorite place to dine is still the stone terrace facing the croquet lawn. With balmy breezes rustling the trees, big-flavored cocktails, and food that is often sensational, Pavilion may be poised to become the go-to fine-dining restaurant on Provo. Presiding over a menu that fuses "local ingredients with a global palate," Chef Justin Currie brings a culinary tradition of artisanal self-sustainability-he smokes his own fish (over coconut shells), fashions homemade tostones out of smashed plantains, and even makes his own curry powder and garam masala; next up is house-made guanciale. Chef Currie's whole red snapper is a tour de force, an Asian/island fusion topped with julienned root vegetables sauteed in a sweet and salty soy/ginger/molasses sauce. Sample Chef Currie's shrimp and grits at breakfast, prepared with corn and Old Bay seasoning. Expect interesting takes on local seafood, including Caicos lobster (in season from August to April). The bar is a good place to rub elbows with the local movers and shakers. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

My husband and I had two outstanding dinners here. The first was on Sunday June 10th. We had the four course prime rib dinner for $45.00 each. We first had the conch soup/chowder then the Caesar salad. Both were very good. Then we had the prime rib. It was delicious. Very nice piece of prime rib with vegetables and potatoes.
For dessert we both had the wonderful coconut cream pie. The whole meal was delicious and we both highly recommend this restaurant. The service was good as well.
We came back on the Thursday evening for the two can dine for 79 with a bottle of wine. We started off with a Caesar salad. I had the Calypso chicken and my husband had the veal with shrimp. Both meals were excellent. My husband enjoyed the bottle of red wine:) while I enjoyed my bottle of water:) For dessert we both had the homemade rum and raisin ice cream.
I cannot say this enough how much we really enjoyed both of our meals here and received very generous portions and great service. We will be returning when we come back to Provo hopefully next May/June. These were the two best meals we had on the island this visit.
I also want to mention the wonderful outstanding service we received from Natacha. Thank you so much Natacha.

4  Thank DianneS103

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My husband and I have been to many places for dinner on the island. I hadn't seen him in 3 weeks so we wanted to have a nice romantic evening out. We actually went to another restaurant, but hopped back in the car and said let's find another place. We pulled up to Pavilion after driving by it a million times. This was the place. We were greeted right away. We did not have a reservation, but they were able to seat us with no issue. I suggest a reservation, as the restaurant is part of The Somerset Resort and filled up quickly shortly after we were seated. Our waitress (Wadeline) was exceptional. She brought out this delicious hot bread right away and then followed up with a small dish (similar to tapas). Although, they looked delicious I was not able to eat mine due to a shellfish allergy. She graciously brought out this amazing tomato, mozzarella and pesto that was mind-blowing as a replacement.

Our food was delicious! My husband and I both selected fish dishes. The description on the menu will not stack up to what actually comes out on your plate. The presentation of the plates were beautiful. The portions are plenty, the chef vegetables were cooked to perfection and the sweet potatoes will leave you wanting more. The coconut cream pie is amazing! I'd never had anything like it! Everything was perfect!

We already have plans to go back for dinner next week and hopefully be waited on by the same waitress. And next time I will take pictures so I can post them to my review

2  Thank zepolra
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to come here as it was our last night and their menu looked quite good online. It was an excellent choice for us! We shared the conch spring rolls to start, they were very good (although some pieces of conch were a bit tough). For our mains we had the Thai noodle stir fry (which was gigantic I might add) and the battered grouper. We both absolutely loved our meals. The service was great, the waiters and waitresses were very attentive (although there was no one else in the restaurant). One thing I might add was that everything came almost too quick. We had our bread, appetizer, amuse bouche and entree all in 45 minutes. It would have been nicer if it was spread out a bit more, especially since the mains were quite large! All in all we had a great meal and will definitely return when we come back to the island. The prices were very reasonable compared to other restaurants in that area.

2  Thank tracingscanley
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Hair in my baked pineapple. Watch for extra 10% added to check. You’ll end up tipping 30%! The food wasn’t great. The tuna appetizer was ok.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

As this is my fourth trip to the Turks, I am always looking for new places to eat. As it was a Sunday night and I was with five other ladies who couldn't make up their minds where to eat, we made a reservation at the last minute to go here. It helped that it was right next door to the Palms and we could walk (you know how expensive taxis can get). It was early (6pm) and we were the only ones in there for the first hour and then a party of four came in. Our server was very good and was attentive (it helped that no one else was there). Dinner arrived right on the heels of our appetizers. I do remember that one of us ordered the chicken satay and that it was very good. I had a glorified chicken fried rice served in a half pineapple. It was very filling but nothing special. Someone at the table ordered a piece of fish and it too was ok. Nothing too special. The best part of the meal was the coconut cream pie (tart) for dessert. I highly recommend it. The restaurant is in the interior of the resort complex so there is no beach view. There are also kids activities that are held in the courtyard which is right beside the restaurant. And the roaming kitties were a nice touch. They did not walk through the restaurant area but you can see them walking around in the ferns. All in all, if you are going to spend $$$$, I would recommend going someplace else.

1  Thank kim s