We stayed here from 4/7-4/14/12 with our three children (ages 13, 12 and 7). We had a family suite, ocean view, in the Italian Village. The room was very nice and very clean but only one bathroom and not much privacy. While the property was beautiful we found this resort to be well below 5 stars for the 5 star price tag.
While we did meet a few cheerful staff, majority of the staff were indifferent at best. Also, as mentioned by other reviewers, forget about getting chair at the pool. I went down at 7:00 a.m. only to find that all of the chairs were already "reserved" therefor, every day started off in frustration. Not sure how this can be remedied but it did not make for a relaxing vacation at all! We found the food to be hit or miss.
The water park was just "okay"-my kids were bored with it rather quickly. They also did not have any interest in the kids clubs at this resort which was odd since they love the kids clubs on the Disney cruise (again, I think this is directly related to the friendliness of the staff). When we took the kids to have a look at the clubs, we really didn't see many counselors and the ones that were around didn't even bother to greet or engage with our children.
We did get some beautiful family pictures on the beach but overall, I would say that this place was definitely not worth the steep price tag...would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales